Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Polestar 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pricing is more appropriate. Still a beautiful vehicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I got that too.

Assume it’s to get rid of stock of what is now the outdated model.

will be interesting to see how they price the revamped model when they finally bring it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Nothing under €52k on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Kylie Fan

Do people expect a price rise for the new model? With Model 3 at 43K, the RWD long range will struggle to sell unless less than 50K

55K for the dual motor old model now, down from 65K a year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

If you're not fussed about RWD or buying a used car, they have a good number of very low mileage pre-owned cars at very good prices. You can pick up a <10k LRDM for between 42 and 45k. I bought one with only 6k on the clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davidivad

Any progress on the new model. I'm looking at buying online. Long range model is 44k however I can't figure out is the new or the old model. Presuming it's the old model as it says it's range is 551. New model is surely over 600?
    So when will the new one be available to configure??

I heard September, but I'd say whenever they clear stocks of the old model. Don't have too many of them left at this stage. All the pre-regs seem to have gone bar the BST 270.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

I was told they expect the new models to land in August. You can tell them apart as the new one has a body coloured panel at the font instead of the black “grille”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Picked up a car there last week and there’s still plenty around the back of the place. Was told it’s Q3 before the facelift hits these shores.

They're going quickly enough. A few weeks ago they had about 17 or 18 pre-regs, now only the BST 270. They've still over 40 unregistered ones though.

• Advertisement

Just a heads up to Polestar 2 owners. My car has just finished installing new software OTA. Version 3.0.3. Took less than an hour.

Have to take it for a short drive to complete the install.

Release notes here:

Only thing I’ve noticed is the LTE bars have changed!

The "Medium consumption" in the range app too.

Speaking of which, my TCAM unit had a conniption yesterday and I lost GPS and LTE. Usual TCAM reset procedure didn't work (holding down the demister button for 20 seconds until the SOS button started flashing - it didn't) and other suggested 'fixes' like disconnecting the TCAM battery seemed a tad intrusive.

So I put it on charge and locked it up (another suggested fix) and it was all back to normal in the morning.

Just posting this here in case anyone else has this issue.

Weird.

I haven’t had any issues with anything yet but am only a couple of thousand km in so far.

TCAM stepping out for a breather is a known glitch. The procedure to reset it is in the manual. It's only happened to me once before and the normal reset worked fine. This time was different.

How do owners here find the infotainment system. I'm between an ID7 and a Polestar 2. The ID7 is a lovely car but my wife has and ID4 and I'm not gone on the infotainment, seems like you've to press two or three buttons anytime you want to do anything.

Also this car: https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/polestar/2/fpa/3639126?journey=Search for €41,500 seems good value, especially when it should be €44,500. I would prefer to wait for the new model but it will cost circa €53,000 just for a few modest upgrades, what do you guys think, worth waiting for the new model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That polestar looks lovely and very well priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mouseycon

I have an ID.7 and the infotainment is much better on version 4.0 assuming it's an older ID.4. One annoying thing is the air con and heating controlled by the screen. Even the vents are moved via software in the screen. However I am used to it and I use shortcut keys and voice commands too so I am not one bit frustrated. I have never driven the Polesar but as I love driving my EV so much I might consider one next time out as I will be staying EV. I hope that helps but go in and try them out might be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

• Advertisement

My wife's ID4 is the new one with the new infotainment. Still have to press 'ok' every time you get into the car which is ridiculous and also I really don't like the lane assist so I have to turn that off every single journey too. I just think going from maps to radio is such a rigmarole too. It's actually a bit dangerous. It is a lovely car to drive though.

Interestingly I rang Polestar in Dublin today, they said they are busy selling the old model, (big demand at the moment for it with the big price reduction I was assured,) and still don't know when the new one will arrive but expect it will be the end of Q3. The price on the website for all models includes the SEAI grand but not the VRT relief, so you can take up to €2,000 off the price of all those cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Hardly comparable EV’s in terms of size, surely an ID.7 is a much bigger car ?

No an ID7 is bigger for sure, however the P2 LRSM has a better range and seems to be a nice bit better on a motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

There's a button on the steering wheel to change radio stations, no need to go from the radio to the map on the screen. You can also have the basic navigation arrors on the driver display if you're on v3.2. Not sure about the ID.4 but my Born has shortcuts on the bottom of the screen so I can easily go between radio and Android Auto map without fumbling through menus.

It's no more dangerous than the touch screen was on my 172 Golf. If anything it's safer as it's closer to my eyeline than traditional screens that were lower down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

The Infotainment is decent and pretty intuitive but, since the latest software update (3.0.3) it has become noticeably more sluggish. The main downside for many owners is the lack of android auto, weirdly it does have Apple Car play.

If I were you I'd go to Polestar in Sandyford and have a play with it and form you're own opinion. Regarding the The facelift LRSM model; it comes with RWD, new motor, larger battery and without some of the standard features in the current model. The 10k price difference would buy alot of electricity 🤣.

I have a 231 SRSM 69kWh with 31000 km on it and it's been trouble free (touch wood). My favourite feature is still the map in the driver display 👍️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What sort of range are you getting from the Short Range version?

Couldn't tell you to be honest but, best guess would be 360km for a 100% charge.
    Looking at the journey log I did North Dublin to Douglas in Cork; 287.21km using 52.26kW which would give a 100% range of about 380km.

Interestingly, on a slow week I did manage WLTP (albeit not on a single charge):

Thanks for your brilliant review, reviews like that is what makes boards so good. That trip you did from Dublin to cork was that motorway for 90% of the journey? and what was the weather like that day.
    I'm from Limerick and would probably buy the old model with the LRSM if I knew I could go from Limerick to Dublin and back on the one charge which is 400km. Your story here gives me hope.

Also what extras are in current one that aren't in new model for the basic pack?

Thanks for those tips also. I only drive her car once a week so I'm not overly familiar with it yet. Must play around with it a bit more.

• Advertisement

Down to Cork was last year on a warm day. Motorway all the way, probably doing 110 or 115 most of the time. I regularly do North Dublin to West Limerick in the car fully loaded with kids and a dog so, wouldn't worry about that in a LR model (really depends on weather etc). Parents don't have a charger so, I plan the journey around charging in Barack O's or Birdhill on the way down. Have a look at the Polestar forums to see what real world range other people are getting too.

As far as I know the new base model doesn't include Phone as a key or the boot kick sensor (these are being moved to plus pack in other markets at least). Both of which are really handy.

Advertisement