Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definitely Maybe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Good gig and Liam's voice was good. Big portion of the crowd didn't really understand or react to I Am the Resurrection though. Normally the best bit of his gigs tbh, the impromptu singalong for that, it's usually spine tingling

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Highlighter75

Great gig. Just a shame about the countless 40 something thugs throwing their beer at other people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭jazz_jazz

I thought Liam was brilliant but there were a lot of the crowd by me who only knew the big songs and just stood there for the gig filming it on their phones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

a very young crowd for a 30th anniversary gig another guy said the same to me before Liam started .

liam saying they could could only get the 2nd night Monday even though the flew over Saturday .

mcd spreading out the gigs a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great fun. Place kicked off a few times. Myself and the missus got nailed with 2 or 3 pints. All good fun. Great night of singing along. Liam sounded the biz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Have to say I can't imagine getting beer thrown over you is great fun but each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nice bit of green

Great gig. Some singsong.

the beer thing is what it is you go knowing it's likely to happen. I dont think it was as bad as in previous gigs in 2019 there it was worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭brick tamland

€8 a pint in the 3 arena, I wouldn't be throwing any of my pints ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Superb gig last night with a great mix of crowd who were really ready for it.

I went with my 19 year son who loves Oasis and who absolutely loved it last night.

The setlist is there to see, it is brilliant. There is a slight dip in the middle for the B-sides but not much.

Brilliant performance and vocals from Liam throughout.

Loved Rock n' Roll star, Whatever, Cigs & Alcohol, Diggsy and Married with children.

However, Slide Away was my highlight and I'd finish the show on that as the crowd absolutely belted it out. I am the Walrus is a good tune but not one to end the show on a high.

You can't beat indoor gigs and I'm glad I saw it in the Point (I was there nearly 30 years ago) and not outdoors where the sound can be poor and some of the energy lost.

Fantastic night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I was there Sunday night about 4 rows from the front and the crowd were brilliant such a great friendly atmosphere, We had a great sing song before a band even took to the stage, If you were there it was the sing song with with Italian lads carrying the Italian flag with supersonic on it. I was at the killers the previous week and while it was a great show it was a horrible crowd full of Karen's. I seen a pack of women make a young girl cry because they said she was in "their" spot. People were constantly giving out to people around me, even a few people just trying to get back to their group after going to the toilet.

It was a strange song to end with. As said, bit of an anti climax with a song from an overrated band like the Beatles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Brought my 12 year old son to the gig on Sunday - he has started playing guitar in the last year and Oasis was one of the first bands he latched on to (with nudging from me!)…he was buzzing after it, loved it that his hearing was gone afterwards :)

We both had a great night - seated tickets but from the opening number, everyone stood. Fantastic singalong and he had an absolute blast. Loved the sight of cups of beer jumping around the place in the standing section - I'd say he would have loved that element of it. He went to fling his half cup of Fanta at one point and held him back….I wouldn't put someone through the night with sticky fanta going down their back ;)

Songs all sounded spot on and the crowd was amazing.

Fully expected to get a beer on me at some stage. Dressed accordingly.

Legged at the end of Live Forever (No interest in I Am the Walrus), LUAS to Abbey St (with a very aggressive junkie punching the glass doors) and then a taxi so was home by 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Great might of music ruined at time by drunken men standing in seated areas blocking the view for allot of people and throwing beer at people while staff just stand there doing nothing.

The whole arena stood as soon as Rock & Roll Star started. I was in the seated area and the whole place rose as soon as Liam took to the stage.

I'm not sure how anyone could sit through a gig like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

People with mobility issues, joint pains people who cant really stand for 100 minutes etc.

• Advertisement

Fair enough.

I've two bad knees, one severely arthritic, and I'm in bits today.

But, as said above, it's a Liam Gallagher gig. With respect, it would be hugely naive to attend thinking that the crowd would remain seated throughout.

The all night standing in the seating area was very annoying for sure but 1,000s of belligerent drunken lads won't be stopped by a handful of stewards.

The sound was almost heavy metal which wasn't a bas thing. Far harder than a Noel gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Lofidelity

Probably the most fun gig of '24. Funny comments here. It's a rock gig, it's supposed to be a riot for a couple of hours. People escaping the everyday, letting go and enjoying the moment is what it's all about. Instead of thinking why is everyone around me going crazy, think why I am I not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It was pretty tame compared to Oasis gigs back in the day.

Great auld time, lots of singing along everyone in good spirits.

Liams voice better than I've ever heard it live, Bonehead up there with him, loads of B-sides that haven't had a live airing in three decades. Lots of enthusiastic young kids delighted to be there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭SQ2

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Can't wait for Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

Anyone any idea where to park for Thomond park. TUS campus doesn't seem available to book online. City center carpark I'm thinking? Coming from Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Is there anyway back to Dublin on public transport after this one? - seems the last train will be long gone.

Anyone familiar with the bus / coach service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Souness

Big green bus from Arthur's quay, first one is at 145 am. Plenty of time to enjoy a night out in Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Petermc83

ive booked in to the Q Park Henry Street for €7 evening rate. Pretty reasonable and only a 25mins walk to the venue

Advertisement