Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Nuphor

nvm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

After getting the email from Tesla with the "uplift for trade-in valuation for Tesla owners", I asked for one and got offered just about 30k for 2021 3LR wit 48k km. The car price was originally 62k with tow included. I don't think they've considered that in the price but also they didn't consider the trashed rims so lets call it even. I see the same car would cost 53k now so cost of change like for like 23k or if not a depreciation of 32k. That means something from 37% to 52% in 3 years. There is no stock anyway and I don't plan to get a new car but I think the numbers seem decent or at least in line with the industry.

Otherwise put a 2021 LR for 30k seems a pretty good value if I was to buy it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My car is a March 2020 SR+ and I've had 5 valuations from them over the years… I paid around €48k for it.

• Nov 2020 - 16k km - €37,000
    • Feb 2022 - 48.5k km - €39,620
    • Aug 2022 - 63.7k km - €43,895
    • Sept 2023 - 83.4k km - €19,500
    • June 2024 - 93.1k km - €20,200

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

So basically 18k in 4 years/93k km like for like, although 2024 RWD is a sizable upgrade vs 2020 SR+. Few k in larger battery, powered boot, better interior (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭John arse

• Advertisement

Yep… it's an infinitely better car now than what I have…. however I still couldn't justify upgrading to a newer version…

I'll try and list off the upgrades I can think of that arrived since I collected mine (and prior to Highland);

• MIC
    • Refresh Interior (wireless charging pad)
    • LFP battery
    • 60kWh battery (vs my 49kWh battery)
    • heat pump
    • double glazed
    • power trunk
    • ryzen chip
    • matrix lights
    • rear light cluster
    • heated steering wheel
    • heated rear seats as standard (I can pay €200 to unlock my rear seat heaters)
    • heated wipers
    • HW4 (better cameras etc…)
    • external speaker (but actually prefer not having this)

probably loads more that I forgot about too…

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Some of those features are compensated every time you accelerate out of a hard corner in the lighter, faster SR+. Things lost on the way since were fog lights, lumbar support for passenger, stalks, and a mechanical horn.

Would still love an M3H though!

Btw, have to change rear pads and rotors on mine due to debris having damaged both. Tesla are looking for 168 EUR for labour for this, but the price for parts is the same or less than than available on Mick's Garage, i.e. about 550 EUR. Ouch.

Rang a few private garages but they weren't happy to do work on Teslas… I'm sure I could find some eventually though if I order the parts myself.

In my case from 2021 I think there is very little upgrade to be had.

The Ryzen chip, heated wipers but I'd loose USS and indicators stalks. The WLTP increased from 580(?) to 629 km but I think it is minimal to worth the effort. I have Y RWD with Ryzen chip and Tesla Vision and beside a faster loading of Netflix I see no positive difference.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Li-ion instead of 12v battery so should have it for the life of the car

Dechromed

Extra enabled speakers

Rear screen for passengers

(not sure on your era) lip to eliminate water going into boot if open

Hairpin motor ("slower" but longer life expectancy)

Better suspension

Nicer wheels (subjective)

Internal camera

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭eagerv

I have most of the newer items you have listed above in my March 2022 Model 3. Not bored yet 😉 love the car, however was mightily impressed with the refinement and suspension improvements on the Highland, probably for me the only reason to change. The new interior I am ambivolent towards, I think the new wireless charging pad looks like an addon now. Mine is more integrated into the console. Also the door panels imo look cheaper and some of the stitching on the centre armrest has vanished. But the ambient lighting gives a nice effect. I think the lighter interior looks better, rather than everything being a dark grey. The wood wasn't to everyones liking, but it does give a bit of a lift to the interior.

Dropping into Cork tomorrow morning to have a look at the Cyberfu##, am going to take their LR Highland for a spin..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Sep 2022 here, so I have most of the upgrades. Wanted to see what I would be offered with 42k on the clock. Tesla came back with €28.6k. If I were to change to a M3H and choose the same grey, or a red for the 2k, I am looking at around 13-14k cost to change, which isn't too bad. However, I would be refinancing at a higher rate, so there's that too. I took delivery when prices were at their highest. There's not enough in it for me to really consider a change. I love the car I have.

If MY was closer to the M3 price and was available in 7 seats, I would have been all over it, despite the expected facelift.

I missed the CT event last weekend in Dublin, but I did happen to see it when I dropped in for a topup on Thur/Fri night.

Stay Free

The red/gray is actually €3.2k after taxes, something I could not stomach so would be sparkling white for me.

The blue is €2.1k after taxes and I would not have a black car due to swirls etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭eagerv

I drove the new gray LR yesterday, tbh wasn't over impressed with the colour, but the 19" wheels looked nice, as did the white interior. The new red (In the Cork showroom) however imo looked great. I wouldn't pay 3.2k for the grey and probably not for the red either..

They need a matt grey, that would be the one for me, I have looked into wraps but I'm not ponying up that amount of money for such a short shelf life, I'd prefer to put money into a better amp/sub for the RWD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭sk8board

blood red is always a great car colour 👌, a pity it’s such a silly premium

…and those front number plates look hideous, think of the efficiency losses😶

Yes.. the Model 3 front end was too finely engineered to be violated with those hideous numberplate holders… I think I even mentioned teh same at the start of this thread…

I got rid fairly sharpish.. and am convinced it's gotta be worth at least ~1Wh per 3-4km in efficiency..

if true, it's probably saved me about ~20kWh over 80,000km…

worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭wassie

I doubt the front number plate adds anything of significance to reducing the aerodynamic efficiency of the vehicle.

Yes the shape of it would slightly alter the airflow and potential increase the overall drag co-efficient (Cd). But given the position of the plate and its additional area (compared to the front area of the vehicle - not just bumper) is quite small, I don't believe it would have much impact on the overall Cd calculation, unless you were traveling at very high speed (say motorway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

how did you do it? Did you add a sticker number plate? If so any pictures? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ddcluracan

A quick question, after having the car a year now and with 52,000km on the clock, should I book a service just to check filters brakes etc..? Tyres were changed 7,000 km ago, so no need for tyre rotation.

• Advertisement

unless you have any specific concerns, I wouldn't bother…

My car is 4 years old with 93,000km, and I've never had anything 'serviced' by them… I do want to do the cabin filter, but I'll do that myself.

Car passed it's 1st NCT 7 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭User1998

Me personally I wouldn’t bother. Will you still have the car when your first NCT is due or do you think it will be traded in by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ddcluracan

I intend keeping the car as long as possible, by it's first NCT it will have 208,000 KMs under it's belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭User1998

Me personally if there was no visual defects present or strange noises I would wait until the first NCT. But I understand 200k km is quite a lot of mileage to drive without an inspection so not everyone would agree with me. Obviously I would be keeping an eye on tyres, brakes, lights etc during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kevanwm

Does anyone have any idea how long Tesla take to process an order cancellation?

I’d have though with end of quarter they’d be keen to get every possible car into customers hands.

I have a model 3 rwd ready for delivery that I no longer want to purchase. I sent my order cancellation email to Tesla on 24th June. But it’s still showing in my account ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd imagine it's all hands on deck for deliveries this week, pretty sure I got a cancellation fairly quickly a few years back but I cancelled on chat which is not handled by the Irish team, it's a UK desk so maybe try there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭redlead

what do people do about flat tires when no spares are included and no run flats are fitted? I see online that Tesla send someone out to you but assume this is just in the States and it’s a non existent/crap service here a bit like superchargers. Do Tesla cover this or is it just a case of having to use the breakdown assistance on your own insurance policy? I doubt insurers like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

Same as almost all cars these days. Most people use a mobile tyre repair service or recovery service to bring it to the nearest place. But many use a plug kit. I'd recommend getting a plug kit for leaving in the car and knowing how to use it. At minimum I'd have one of those foam kits.

plug kit & 12v compressor for about €30 all in on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

They'll send someone out.

I blew a tyre out on the M50 a couple of years ago. Tow truck was there within an hour and I was home in around 90 minutes.

Missed my flight to the UK though!!

Advertisement