Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Marrooned

you’re one of the good guys. I haven’t got the technology to send in a picture of mine.i hope every poster can send in a picture of there flag flying.

anyone with a tutorial to send a picture to boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭vinniem

When you reply or leave a comment just choose below and then can take pic or choose from phone gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Racke

thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dodgysub

Does anybody have DEFINITE dates when the local under age championships start?

Many thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Go to Kilkenny Gaa website. Click on Fixtures and Results. Click Fixtures. You can choose from numerous competitions and scroll down to your choice. Give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Village87

Who won the Division 1 feile can anyone tell me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Oranmore/maree Galway won it .john lockes brought them to extra time in quarter final before eventually loosing out.

Bennetsbridge well beaten in camogie Division 1 simi final by eventual winners boherlan dualla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Village87

Thank you very much. Galway have some record in the feile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Freshford won the U15 division 3 final as well in the Feile. I was talking to a girl from mullinahone at the weekend and they have football feile on Saturday and will miss the minor all Ireland. Mullinahone would be very much a hurling club so they’re quite disappointed to have to choose one over the other.

• Advertisement

Dunnamaggin are in galway aswell for feile. With family playing in both football Feile and minor all Ireland that evening. Could be quick spin back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 neverbet

Lucky for you the minor All Ireland is not on at 1.15pm or 3.15pm then.

We won't make it back anyway.Amazing there isn't as much uproar in Galway about they playing football quarter finals on same day as feile. Surely they could have played on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Comerman

Theee greatest ever, may he rest in peace

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2024/0625/1456576-micheal-o-muircheartaigh/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 neverbet

Without a doubt, so many wonderful memories, my favourite "Tennyson the poet, to Reid the magician and is it sweet, is it sweet, it's over the bar" Irreplaceable.RIP Micheal O Muircheartaigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Rest in peace you were a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

Pat Fox being chased by Joe Rabbitte, first time I've seen a fox being chased by a rabbit

Fair play to the Borough Council for putting up bunting and KK flags all over the city.

I took these photos today at Talbotsinch the Butts roundabout and my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Box to box

Huge weekend for everyone involved with the minors.Management who have put in huge hours of work. Parents and adults who have drove these chaps everywhere and clubs and schools who have helped devolop these chaps.There does be alot of negativity here especially after a bad result and there's one or two lads who aren't happy unless kk are bet and can't wait to have all the answers. Despite not winning all irelands kk are hugely competitive at all levels. The seniors would of had a few more all irelands if it wasn't for a incredible limerick team. The u20 is still a sore one with alot of people around the county. Unforgiveable to set up the same way 2 years in a row and get cleaned out again. It's was glaringly obvious. The county board deserve credit for finally starting to get their house in order but standards need to keep increasing and fresh ideas required. No doubt there will be a good crop of u20s again so they need to be approaching candidates now before they make other commitments. Plenty of ex players from the golden era. Tom mullally would be excellent, Brian dowling is also doing well in kildare. Gortha and mark aylward had the 19s playing a nice brand and some nice hurlers on that panel.

Onto the match Saturday the last time they played in the park was against dublin it was a huge turning point in their season and a blessing. These are chaps and harder to keep out noise they might of thought things would come easier after the 1st game but got a valuable lesson against dublin. Wexford game just ran out of time and young lacey was a big loss. Shooting and workrate let them down against dublin but they have steadily improved the last few games and are now 60 mins away from the holy grail. Still starting matches a bit slowly and shooting can be alot better. Absolutely can't afford to drive 20 wides this weekend or give tipp a 8 or 9 point headstart. If they take all their chances I'd be confident of a great result and a much needed boost to underage hurling in kk. Tipp won a minor here so that won't be a huge addition although it's a help. Tipp really getting behind this team and I see kk are starting to advertise this game a bit more. There's no excuse for people Saturday get out and support these chaps and support your county.Hopefuly some of these will be senior in a few short years .its a huge deal to have a home all ireland. We could of had 2 if the u20 team was properly picked.It would be criminal to be outnumbered at home for a minor all ireland.best of luck to everyone involved

• Advertisement

Wise words indeed I have to agree with everything you said.

I just to mention besides the U20 backroom team the county board was an absolute shambles. Firstly given away a home venue, then agreeing to move from a neutral venue to Tullamore and then the Killian Doyle debacle. I’m still looking for an answer are we getting a home and away agreement with Offaly for conceding venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Charlie69

A good friend of mine told me a story about Mícheál O Muircheartaigh attending a function in Gaelscoil Osraí in Kilkenny to celebrate their anniversary and where Mícheáls cousin is actually the principal.

Mícheál when asked afterwards over a cup of tea to share his memories of great Kilkenny teams and players he of course waxed lyrical as only Mícheál could do about our legendary teams and players of the past and his huge admiration for them,but two of his standout memories involving Kilkenny was to witness Lar Corbett scoring three goals to take down what he regarded as the best hurling team of all times in 2010 and his favourite hurling experience of all watching Offaly make the breakthrough by beating reigning All-Ireland champions Kilkenny in the Leinster final of 1980, he called it the start of the Offaly miracle.

His point was neither of those outcomes were expected against the might of Kilkenny and what a huge compliment it was to Kilkenny that these were stand out memories.

My friend remarked that not many people could speak so joyfully about two famous and painful Kilkenny defeats and yet make a Kilkenny audience feel ten feet tall.

What a man. RIP

Post edited by Charlie69 on

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hogans heroes

Have you seen the camogie draw is same as last year, 4 groups of 3 but you don't play anyone in your group, crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sir Chaz

Huge day for the Minors Saturday, a win would be fantastic for Kilkenny Hurling and would be a boost for the county heading into the senior game a week later. Kilkenny Co Board starting to promote the game a little better in last couple of days, but we are still miles behind what Tipp are doing. They should be saturating social media to get a huge crowd to the Park, and lobbying clubs to push it as well. We are in the midst of a relative famine when it comes to all Irelands with only one win in the 3 main grades since 2015, and a massive show of support in a HOME All Ireland would be a great way to reinvigorate enthusiasm in a sluggish Kilkenny support base.

On the pitch, I hope Kilkenny can cope with Tipps sweeper system, something that appears to be becoming a tradition for Tipperary as a hurling county with the 20's and Seniors both deploying sweepers this year also. If their 14 and 11 are held, we'll go a long way to winning, with my other slight concern being our age profile. Over half of our team are under 16, albeit some exceptional players in there. Whatever team is picked, we have a strong panel and the bench impact was fantastic the last day which hopefully augurs well. What we seem to have as well from what I've seen, is great pace all over the field which is vitally important in the modern game. Win or lose we should get some good prospects from this group.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hogans heroes

Camogie In ter and seniors down to play at 2 on Saturday week in big games while the hurlers are on at 3 in croker.Evening throw in let players and supporters get to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Charlie69

I just hope the minors can go out and express themselves without feeling too much pressure. They’re only kids so it’s a big occasion for sure with a big crowd expected. Is there more or less pressure on these young lads having the final as the main event if you like as opposed to being the curtain raiser on the big day? I think it’s live on TV too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/sHybNaE4GEX8aYVj/?mibextid=KsPBc6

https://x.com/kilkennyclg/status/1805720997900767419?s=46&t=6SyGlpjB26QUlOy68HnGtQ

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Formosa

So is Sean O'Brien a son of Larry? Those of a certain vintage might remember Larry, hurled with Slievrue and played at wing back on the Kilkenny minor team in 1984 that drew a famous All-Ireland with Limerick (famous for a huge Kilkenny comback) and lost the replay by a point. A fine hurler, around 5 foot 3, with the heart of a lion.

A couple of recent Dicksboro hurlers (Evan and James Carroll) would be first cousins of this O'Brien chap if I have it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Advertisement