Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

You really do spout rubbish and are an absolute bluffer of the highest order!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Warned to keep it civil.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

I agree. It doesn’t give much time to contact ticketmaster if something goes wrong.

Got an email just now saying

Just a quick reminder...

We'd just like to remind you that the transfer option is currently unavailable, however you will be able to transfer your tickets to family and friends no later than 48 hours before the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It makes zero difference to touts.

It just causes problems for consumers

They are just taking the piss now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I disagree with FanIrish on a number of things but they are correct here - its solely to drive people to resell on Ticketmaster's platform. See how often the 'Sell' option is available but not the 'Transfer' option.

Platinum and VIP tickets appear and are listed by Ticketmaster when a concert goes on sale, have or not having a transfer option on Day One has nothing to do with that. Disabling transfer doesn't create a false demand, the ticket has already been sold and whether a ticket can be transferred or not doesn't impact the listing page (in the same way that reselling does).

Case in point, how many resale tickets are available for Taylor Swift? Disabling transfers is not creating a false demand or driving buyers to platinum or VIP.

It does make a difference to touts. Of course it does.

If I'm buying a ticket off someone now for a gig and they can't transfer the ticket into my account today and the gig is months away, there's a huge likelihood I'm going to pass on that purchase and wait for a resale or until I can buy the tickets and get them immediately. And there are plenty of people who would be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Tradnuts

Hi lads,

I've a 9 year old that would die to see her, but alas, we dont have tickets.

Would it be an option for us to get on the dart, at say, 9pm and get off at landsdown station and hang around and listen for a while, or is the whole place in a lockdown to ticket holders?

Thanks.

For the biggest touts who sell on resale sites it makes zero difference, they dont have to fulfill orders until transfer opens.

Most of them are overseas.

Anyway werent you the one saying there was no market for touts to sell for Taylor and there were no bots buying resale tickets.

The reality is that nobody knows. It won't be locked down as they are public roads but I don't think Garda will let people sit on the street en-masse if big crowds start building up as it will be a public safety issue. Try to find a park nearby?

Massive long shot but do you know anyone who's a member of Lansdowne Rugby club? They're doing a listening party on the Saturday for their members and they're right next to the stadium.

I'm loathe to go through this again with you. The common punter will try all of the well-known ticket reselling sites (Stubhub, Viagogo, Ticcombo etc.) and find that those sites are either not selling tickets to any Irish gigs and if they do that the supply of tickets is TINY (Ticcombo has 90 tickets available over three nights). That is a fact and I've already gone through that with you and you've yet to product any evidence of tickets being sold in large volumes on touting websites.

You previously DM'd me a Discord chat where bots identify when tickets are available for purchase which is not the same as bots that purchase tickets. I can run that script myself (and used to do it for rugby games) and it achieves feck-all as you still need to get on and buy the tickets.

Point me on this thread to any reselling website that has a significant quantity of tickets available for Taylor Swift.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Fanirish

yeah the rational I’ve heard from artist teams is that if professional touts only have a few days to unload tickets through ticket transfer. They will get stung holding tickets they don’t have time to shift.
    some will just put them up on resale and at least clawback back original price paid.
    hard to tell how effective it is in a practical sense but I could see how it does neuter professional touts to a degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Ringsend park and dodder park might be options. Both very close and sound might travel well

Exactly. And as you say, it's neutering them to a degree. If it puts off a % of buyers who won't buy a ticket without immediate delivery, its having some effect, however marginal or minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭smallgarden

So portaloos, not proper toilets at the back of the pitch. And the bar on the pitch is the only bar you can access if in general standing ?

Hmm.

So on one hand you are saying that there isnt a tout issue and then on the other hand you are saying that Ticketmaster are holding back transfer to deter touts.

Which is it ? It cant be both.

There were no delivery delays pre touting legislation so why is one needed now when as you say none of the big resellers are selling tickets ?

Why did transfer for London open 2 weeks before the events ? Is there no touting issue there ?????

What are you talking about? They are one in the same thing.

Touting is well down because of anti-resale legislation. This is a clearly backed up with the Top 10 global ticket resellers prohibiting resale of tickets in Ireland. It's not difficult to see that where there used to be thousands of tickets on resale, there are now barely any commercial reselling avenues so touting is clearly not the issue it once was (when you'd log onto Viagogo etc and see hundreds if not thousands of tickets). Let's call that Avenue A - Selling on Commercial Websites. I can no longer sell my ticket to you through the bigger reselling sites.

Then there's what we'll call Avenue B - Selling Privately. To limit or restrict this, Ticketmaster are then further looking to reduce the residual touting by trying to curtail people reselling themselves. If you want to buy a ticket off me today and I can't deliver the ticket to you immediately, there is a strong chance you are not going to buy my ticket and my ability to resell the ticket had reduced. Not eliminated, but significantly reduced.

So in essence, if I want to buy a ticket to tout that ticket for a higher price, Avenue A is not open to me and Avenue B is more difficult to sell tickets under. It's really not rocket science how both of these things have reduced touting.

And on your London point, you've answered your own question. If there was no touting issue, why wasn't resale opened on Day One. It's the same thing - transfer restricted until closer to the gig (albeit differing timeframes).

If you want to keep discussing it, can I suggest that you open a new thread to discuss touting and botting because this has gone way off-topic and I imagine people are fed-up seeing new posts to this thread and finding another discussion on touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr321

Just curious did anyone ever manage to buy/seen a ticket off Ticketmaster over the last few months after all the tickets were sold out etc for TS. Reason Im asking is Im looking at a few upcoming gigs thats sold out and always s check a few times a week to see if theres tickets.

Absolutely. Tickets are nearly always released closer to a gig when production holds are lifted and/or there are some returns. Happens all the time with music gigs and bigger rugby games.

The bad news it that there's no way to know when they'll pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I bought one standard resale ticket on TM last August when resale was first opened. I haven't seen any since then though

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭spillit67

Do you know for those coming from the Green south route along with those in the South Stand are they able to access the stand once the show starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Won't Likely be able to stay on lansdowne Road especially if a lot attempt to do it. Gardai will just move people on

Lansdowne Road is virtually never fully locked down for any event, just at certain times to allow lot of people enter/exit the one rime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Work has begun.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Might not be many extra seats released for Dublin looking at that photo, they have blacked out alot of the side/rear seats they sold in other cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ah the good news on trying to get tickets keeps rolling on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Maybe it’s the way Pink had hers and they haven’t moved it yet?

Yes thats likely the case actually, good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

That is a poor setlist Paramore are playing. Paramore went downhill after 2013 when they turned into a pop band rather than alternative rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 onefish

If you're going to do this, why on earth would you wait until 9pm???

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Heading to the Saturday show this weekend heavily pregnant and hoping my partner can drop me off close as possible to the stadium so I have less walking to do. I’m in the West stand, never been to the Aviva before so not sure where is best for drop off if anyone has any advice?

• Advertisement

What colour entrance is on your ticket (as the West Stand has a couple of entrances)?

Advertisement