Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day- Thurs 27th June 2024 Marlay Park Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

Only realised that you have to pre-book the parking and its all booked out. Did anyone try to drive up and pay at any other gigs here? Or is there anywhere within a 30 minute walk that I could park in? I had a look at the Marathon Bus service and its last bus leaves Dundrum at 6.30pm, I may not get out of work on time to make that bus.

Happy to walk 30 minutes and pay for parking - but don't wanna be driving around aimlessly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Starting on sky arts now from isle of wight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Hi Robo, I'm glad you asked because I am in the same situation! I was planning on Luas from town but at Green Day 2022 it filled and we ended up doing a 2-3 hour walk before a taxi would pick us up. I've elected to drive in and try find a spot somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Are the toilets and bars easier to get to from golden circle, was told tonight its actually harder to get to bars and toilets from golden circle in marlay park which i was surprised at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Advertisement

Hmm may have to rethink going into it so. Thanks

Reading on reddit and people saying its easier to go to bar/toilets and have different access but based on whats said here and friend tonight, reddit comments seem like bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It depends on your definition of 'harder'. Toilets are probably easier to get to. The bar is a bit harder to get to. By harder, I mean, you have to walk slightly further. It's not far though.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

That will do, once i have few pints i need toilet more then the bar. Will stock up at bar first time anyway.Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

the toilets to the left of the stage were rammed full during the gig… lads just whipping it out against the fences , in corners while on the (long enough) walk out through the trees to the loos….

They have those circular urinals , so we can all stand facing each other while peeing !!! 😏

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭global23214124

Anyone have all set times yet? I know the first act is at 5.30 according to MCD but looking for Green Day and Nothing but Thieves times.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This is for Glasgow tonight

Doors 5pm

Maid of ace 6.15pm

Nothing but thieves 7.15pm

Green Day 8.30pm

Says doors for Marlay Park at 4pm on the ticket so maybe a little different here

Green Day likely to be on between 8 and 8:30.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭antimatterx

My aim is to be there for 6:30. Get a beer, get into a good buzz and listen to one of the warm up acts.

A friend of mine raves about them. Not my cupan tae.

Not mad about the early stuff but the last album is great and sounds a bit different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

Just got parking now in Marlay Park. They have opened up some spots again. Get in fast though and if they are gone, keep checking 👍

No rain forecast for Thursday yet, won't be a heatwave either

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Desertmoon1

Cultchie here. Staying at Parkview apartments in stepaside. For getting to gig is there a bus out that way from there? I know it's a bit of hike, but in 22 we had to walk back to Gresham (gig was moved from RDS) so at least not as far as that. Well surely get lost 😆

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Manchester was doors 4

Maid of ace 5.35

Nothing but thieves 6.30

green day 7:50 - 10:20

Id expect around the same tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I live up that way and I just normally walk. When you are coming back that way you'd be faster walking too, the buses get backed up at the traffic lights at the cross all the way back up the road (even if there's no other traffic waiting on the other roads!)

Head to the cross (where the village vets is) and turn left, you just follow the road then and when you get to Marlay there will be people to ask where the entrance is if you're stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

yea same as, living up that direction as well and just planning on walking over and back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Couple of showers creeping into the forecast now, but hopefully done by the time the doors open. It'll be fairly breezy though, and not too warm as you say!

The breeze will have an effect on the sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Gates Open: 16:00
    Maid of Ace: 18:00
    Nothing But Thieves: 18:50
    Green Day: 20:00

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Desertmoon1

Thank you. How long of a walk is it? I hope to God we don't get lost. Wil put my faith in Google maps I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I did Rammstein on Sunday and Wifey is doing Green Day wit her mate, just picked up 2 Gold Circle resales for €163, delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I don't know if the set-up has been discussed on this in the past few day. But I was at the Pearl Jam gig at the weekend, and the set-up for the general admission area is awful. For that gig, the gold circle area was huge. You could probably fit a third of the attendance in the gold circle. As an example, if the gig was in Croke Park, the gold circle barriers would have been back past half way I'd say. Behind that then is the general admission. I was standing directly in the centre, just behind the barrier. I was still about 150 metres from the stage I'd say. Could see damn all of the stage. Whatever way they have set up the stage, the slope goes the wrong way, and almost everyone in the general admission area can just see the screens, not the stage. If you move to the sides of the GA area, you can then see the stage, but the sound is not as good. If I could go back in time, I would definitely have gotten a Gold Circle ticket. I really enjoyed the concert. But that would have been the difference between a good concert and a magnificent concert for me. I spent a lot of the time trying to move areas to get away from people chatting about nonsense.

One point to note - I heard that the security re Gold Circle got fairly lax, and people from GA just walked in unchecked. Might be an idea.

Advertisement