Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Euro 2024: Mod Note Added 2/7/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,265 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

3-2 austria. the dutch couldnt hold on for even 60 seconds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cracking games in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Almost a 4th for Austria. But the flag has gone up for offside. It won't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Shocking defending by Dijk

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

If results stay the same, top half of the draw will be France, Germany, Spain and Portugal. England will really never have a better chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Delighted. Came out to stare Lewandowski both times. Could have been carded for the second one having already been warned. He put an elbow back on Lewandowski in the first half too and then fell down as if he had been pushed himself. I think France have been on top of the table for about 10 minutes today.

I wonder will Holland get a penalty for this. VAR might review that tug.

Jersey pulling not a thing anymore. Weghorst being pulled there as he heads over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My dark horses Austria have become a shade paler.

he should have started remonstrating to the ref. too honest.

• Advertisement

if austria win the group, england will have a very easy path to the final.

Mad. Austria have topped their group ahead of France and Netherlands. Not many would have predicted that. Though Didi Hamann did tip Austria as dark horses for this tournament.

and austria win the group. that puts france in the top half along with spain, germany, portugal. england down with switzerland, italy and austria so far.

there goes my final prediction of france/portugal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Imagine if England finish second…

They were 450/1 and are now 28/1. They play runners up in Group F, and then potentially winners of Group E. Opposite half of the draw from France, Germany & Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

They always seem to get incredibly favourable draws.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think it's great to see them go deep into a competition before the wheels fall off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Assuming Hungary and Croatia are the two third place teams eliminated, which I think is fairly likely, the winner of England's group plays 3rd place in Belgium's group, probably Slovakia

Yes, massive rumours and very short odds on there being a guaranteed draw between Slovakia and Romania! They are the only teams guaranteed to progress if they do draw. I am recalling the classic 2004 draw between Denmark and Sweden, although that one had to be 2-2. These guys can tap the ball around for 90 minutes. 0-0?

• Advertisement

• Haven't seen all the matches but Spain are the standouts so far for me.

was only recently reading about the 82 draw between austria and germany. down the bottom of the wikipedia page there is an interesting section about similar games:

1982 World Cup - Spain vs Northern Ireland In the aftermath of the Disgrace of Gijón during the 1982 World Cup, another suspicious incident occurred in the match between Northern Ireland and Spain on June 25, 1982. Similar to the controversial West Germany versus Austria game, both teams knew that a narrow victory for Northern Ireland would secure their advancement to the knockout stages. After Gerry Armstrong scored the decisive goal in the 47th minute, the game witnessed a significant drop in intensity, with neither side making substantial efforts to score, raising concerns about the competition's integrity and prompting calls for FIFA to reconsider World Cup rules to prevent collusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Van Dijk absolutely lost his mind for that 3rd goal. The second goal was also largely his fault.

May be some of the worst defending I've ever seen from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

The way England have been playing so far I wouldn’t fancy them getting by either Italy or Switzerland in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The boys in RTE giving out stink over Lewdanoski's penalty, I do agree that those staggered run ups should outlawed though

Switzerland, in particular, would destroy them.

• So Trent gets dropped but not much else changed. Don't see it being much different tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Sums Southgate as a manager. Already through been crap in the first 2 games and he makes one change and an uninspired one at that. What must guys like Palmer and Gordon be thinking as they get no opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,530 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Sneaky suspicion that Slovenia will get a result tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If it was me tonight I'd probably made about 8 changes to the starting 11. You could see most of them were bollocked last game so what can go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Xander10

As someone else said, if Gareth was on, The Chase, he would take the low offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Xander10

Pathetic dive by Foden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

So England look to have picked up from where they left off. Some shocking passes to give the ball away.

The lack of ability of the English lads to create any patterns of play in any phase of the pitch is astounding.

Not an ounce of coaching on show. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

This is dire stuff. England are so poor

• Advertisement

It really hope Slovenia score. It might put a rocket up England

Fairly poor all over the pitch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think it might see them crumble completely. They've the mentality of soggy biscuits.

they be looking decent. england very poor in the opening 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Southgate spends most of the season getting wined and dined around the PL grounds (perhaps a nice weekend break to checkout how Kane and Bellingham are getting on) and probably spends most of his England time enjoying the media limelight as opposed to actually doing anything.

Great work if you can get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

England exactly the same as the other night. No idea what they are at. Kane playing midfield, pass backwards at all costs and no movement. Trippier awful, he has no left foot.

Its all on Southgate, the players don't deserve any blame. The system is so bad they can't play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

offside

He was a mile off - could he not look across the line

and there it is. 1-0 england. well worked.

offside!

Narrowly offside. They need Trippier and Walker deep in the opposition half or they won't create anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

England to scrape a win and then get the handy side of the draw. Gonna jammy their way to it

thats my fear. they should be able to bully and 'moment' themselves to at least a semi final.

Gallagher went down like he was hit by a sniper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Am I the only one who thinks the Slovenia manager looks like a disappointed uncle who overestimated your ability?

Foden has received a lot of grief recently, but his teammates are not on his wavelength at all. That outburst to Trippier was telling.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement