Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

Well.. I won't thank you for that. Well played, I knew it'd be close. Still a few players to get out though before the win is called.

(Un)Fortunately I'm away this weekend so won't get any Major rounds in. Go well all.

Post edited by joficeduns1 on

Played two rounds of the Valhalla course, blew up my first round going for the island green on one of the par 4s on the back nine.

Tricky greens cost me a few shots, I'd recommend a pre-tournament round to get familiar. It's definitely a step up from the last couple weeks and a well designed course.

Back at it.. plenty of scores on offer at Pine Lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Ha. Well done. Or well done to anyone who catches him.

The 4th hole was a dickhead. I got a double bogey on round 1 and a bogey on round 2

On the final 2 holes I needed to birdie both to win it and I scored bogey then birdie.

I’m definitely better at setting a target as I’m usually not good enough when chasing one. So that probably means I’m pants under pressure.

Post edited by fplfan12345 on

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

Looks like we will hit the max event per season of 55 which will be Blackcomb Tour. So will start a new season with the US Open at Pinehurst (looks like I will go with the 2K Official Pinehurst No2 over 4 rounds and use all 4 pins and tee positions) 👍

Post edited by Romero on

• Advertisement

Thought you had me beat there Fangee, I'm not as confident on the chase but a couple of back 9 eagles helped the cause.

Left a few scores out there but a jammy par 4 ace sweetened the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Ha. That’s class. You seemed to be aiming for that bump/slope so not really jammy.

Looks like our season is wrapped up just at Major time.

Damn it I screwed up and now I can't edit the event or end the season to get rid of clickbait which is now set for 3 days sorry guys 😢

• Advertisement

Not a problem 🫡✌️

I've added in Pinehurst for Sunday again apologies for my cock up.

Last seasons results below

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I really should sort out my club fittings!

I might be able to challenge for an event then 😆

Mine are mostly random, I haven't the head to get into the weeds of it. My thinking is that they shouldn't make the club any worse anyway!

Pinehurst No2 is live!

Decided to play it before the pros get going on it and I managed a -41 over the four rounds not enough to win but at least I can say I led a major 😀

Round one at Pinehurst had an absurd amount of driveable greens. It's funny how different it plays compared to the real thing over the last weekend. Nice scores everyone. ✌️

Fabulous first round 56 by MacReady, leaving the rest of us to chase. I needed a -7 final 9 holes and was swiftly stopped by an errant par 3 approach and fumbling the scramble for a bogey. Nice going, fair play!

I'm out for a while anyway!

My PS Plus has run out, cos I refuse to give them €152 to renew for a year!

If I get an offer to re-sub, I might be back.

Have fun 😊

Ahhh Marc don't go😢 can you not get the base sub for a while? Bound to be offers to upgrade to the higher tier in the next 6 months

• Advertisement

Thanks that's my one win this season😀Had a great first round but a so so second and fully expected you to swoop in and get -28 or -29!

Nah it was always a tough number to chase, good stuff! We'll be sorry to lose ye but those PSN bills do mount up! Hopefully we see you back soon.

I won't be going anywhere but trying to convince young Mr Brophy to stay the season

I'll be back soon, just waiting on a winback discount on the plus!

Either that or I'll get it once i win the lottery, and I don't do that, so… 😆

Whoops, my bad!

Just checking Reddit Marc and you can play societies without PlayStation plus subscription 👍 Please check to see if it works

It may be he got the game free through PSN (like myself) and if the account lapses his access is gone.

Yep, the game is locked off, cos I ran out of plus :(

And they want €75 to buy it! More than a year of regular plus :D

Damn sorry about that I. Actually bought it in Smyths for 20 euros before it hit Plus. I've been paying 25 per3 months hoping Days of play would have given a decent discount for plus but nope nothing, Ive switch to annual now so will pay the 72 or whatever it is for the next 12 months. Hope they throw you some kind of deal to get you back on plus

• Advertisement

Again submitting a ludicrous looking card. The ace was a real surprise.

Advertisement