Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re financial situation

Options
  • 25-06-2024 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

our mortgage that we had with Ptsb was sold to Pepper as we were paying interest only for a period of time. I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel a while back as I thought we would be able to switch to a new lender. There was no longer arrears showing up on our credit history as we went past the 5 year mark in May. My daughter had to open a bank a/c recently in AIB and I foolishly mentioned about switching my mortgage. Once they heard we were with pepper & that our mortgage was restructured in the past they didn’t want to know. My local credit union only does variable rates where my a/c is & we are looking for a fixed rate. I have used up all my savings too in the credit union as we have been so stuck for money. It is a huge struggle for the last while. It has got so bad that I can’t do a full food shop now at weekends. We’re paying an extra €400 on our mortgage monthly, it’s not sustainable. My daughter will be doing her 2nd year in college in September & we will probably have another sibling in college in 2025. My husband makes my blood boil as he is like a camel with his head stuck in the sand & doesn’t want to face up to how serious things are getting. He’s self employed so his work can be quite or busy at times and he doesn’t always get paid weekly. I think my only option now is to contact Pepper & go on lower payments which will result in us going back into arrears… please any advice would be really appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement