Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That Lidl advert for women's GAA, about how we all need to fill the stadiums for them cos we do it for the men.

First off, many many mens games are far from full houses.

Secondly, I get the feeling that the advert is hinting that us men need to come out and watch the women play? Is that on us? You can't guilt people into going to a sport if they don't want to. If the product was fantastic entertainment, the crowds will come. Of course some men simply will never watch a women's game, same way my OH never watches a soccer game.

It's on the women of Ireland, get out there and start buying the tickets. According to the ads, it's in your blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

When you buy something in a shop 10 euro, you pay, they hand you the change, you say thanks, see ya, and they don't say anything back. would it kill them to say goodbye? I think its bad manners and bad business. I think its a sign of someone who hates their job and maybe even dealing with the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,076 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Aspersions might be cast as to a single gentleman going to watch a game that they are perhaps ahem not there to admire the sporting talent either!

My TA is the ad to encourage girls to participate in GAA, that appears to send the girl home by way of a zombie graveyard in the dark. Well of course, that's going to deter participation.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Back when you got an extra 'n' in your banana. 😉 Aldi do Jiggly Pops if you're feeling nostalgic, except the two different icecreams are horizontal rather than vertical.

What I find annoying on the Sporting Life website is that they have taken the 3rd placed out of each group and put them to the top. Fair enough, it's nice to see who's in the running to be the 3 place qualifiers but they could still leave them in the groups too.

It's particularly unhelpful when you see Group E with all teams on 3 points. I know you could work out that it's Slovakia (with a goal difference between 1 and -2, on only two games played) but you can't see that at a glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

football…id rather watch submarine racing!

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I think I know her sister, she puts "used" sanitary items under the mattress of whatever bed(her own excluded) she is sleeping in atm.

Ta that when I say this to ppl, they don't believe me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

At the end of a consultation with a healthcare practitioner, I mentioned that my ears were itchy and flakey.

Without even looking they say, "Once you eat clean and go sugar-free that will clear".

Accidentally put CS Jell in my ears and the symptoms have cleared for over a week now, ta hcp's blaming symptoms on things they don't like. 2. then wonder when clients don't follow their advice having been told this or that is the cause of everything they are asked about and it's proved it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

by health practitioner do you mean witch doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Seeing young lads pretend fight their friends, I see this all the time, you aren't a ufc fighter ya little twat, it's usually done to the weakest in the group as well, bullying more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Vegans and vegan pressure groups getting pissy about cows milk. Must be exhausting being this preachy all of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Dramatik

D1ck heads walking past my window at 3am this morning, having a "hilarious" conversation at the top of their voices. It's summer time, people have their bedroom windows open because of the heat, shut the fk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,076 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I see you and raise you seagulls squawking every night at 3am, freaking out at the sight of a cat or fox that can't possibly reach their nest. And yet I'm not allowed shoot them!

People should know better.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I’m really tempted to vandalise this fcuking thing with a lump hammer. The 101 bus time has been stuck on 2 minutes for the last ten minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

"Next Bus Dublin" app has better info than the bus stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Its not difficult to find alternate words to fit the TFI acronym, you've used one already ;-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Motor insurance companies having a website generated rate and a more expensive rate not within an asses roar of the website rate when you actually ring them.

Gazumping insurance based on change of occupation boils my piss too, based on stupid stereotypical assumptions of risk of a job they know nothing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

People who wave their arms and hands around too emphatically when talking. Was in a meeting today and one of the people in it looked like he was wrestling an invisible bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

10000%

I’m sharing this TA….It’s seemingly only a recent phenomenon too… as in the last 2/3 years….these little prîcks basically roaring at each other into all hours, can’t seem to have a conversation anymore…..

They need to be trained as follows….You know the silence that surrounds you, and the little thing on your wrist that unambiguously shows you what time of the night / morning it is…. Put those things together and say… “ I’m going to be quiet, it’s appropriate to be quiet and I can still communicate and enjoy the company of my friends but at appropriate levels without shrieking, without roaring,”. But, nope…. 😵‍💫🤦🏻‍♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

this is bordering on not a TA, but a VTA….

here is a photo from Coca Cola of their environmentally friendly attached cap. Everyone who has ever bought these drinks, knows that instead of the cap folding away conveniently as they depict above so you may drink easily and unobstructed, they instead rebound back into the path of the drink, the bottle opening and your mouth……🥱

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Ta when I make a huge effort to go to a very gentle exercise class ,come home and eat and drink everything in sight because 'I deserve it'.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Do you know when you're sitting with a bunch of other people around a table that's too small for the party it accommodates, or when you're sitting opposite someone in public transport (without a table), or even when you're standing in a queue, and you're lost in your thoughts? And then your eyes start to point down and to the right (or sometimes to the left) but you're not actually seeing anything except for your thoughts? And then you come back to the present time and place and you realise you've been staring at someone's arse (queueing) or crotch (sitting)? Good luck trying to explain why you were doing that without looking or sounding like a pervert!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

From Dr. Strangelove:

I think you're some kind of deviated prevert, and I think General Ripper found out about your preversion and that you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts.

😄

Anyway, my major annoyance, after missing last weekend's Gig of the Year (Rammstein), I now have to miss another gig this Sunday (AIR in Trinity). My doctor (not Dr. Strangelove) has gently suggested to me to go to hospital to sort out the cellulitis in my leg. It has nearly healed, but is taking its time.

Going to a gig where there's lots of travelling and walking wouldn't be ideal so I'm not going, but going to hospital for something that has nearly gone is overkill, especially since the hospital isn't even allowing visitors due to an outbreak of Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had a hankering for noodles , but they are use by 2019 to 2022 😡

Pot noodles it is

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A tickly dry cough I've got that I blame on the rowing machine. Flipping air blasted straight at my face my lungs actually feel dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

TA this morning. Have to travel for work at short notice. As work was covering costs decided to treat myself to an extra legroom seat on plane. Actually selected a normal seat in next row. D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

People yawning wide mouthed in public with full on sound effects

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It'll just disappear any moment now with no bus to be seen

Dublin bus and Irish rail get away with murder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Charlo30

Builders next door putting up scaffolding at 7.30am

Advertisement