Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2024 AH thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Ronaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Nope. Under achievers. That ship has sailed now with current crop

• Registered Users Posts: 68,553 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Best Belgium have done is runners up in 1980 I think

Turkey will blast checia.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Belgium reached the World Cup semis at Mexico 86 with Enzo Scifo as playmaker.

Third place in group behind the hosts. Beat Soviet Union 4-3, then Spain on penos before losing 2-0 to Argentina.

Didnt qualify for Euro 88... Ireland got in ahead of them!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭whitelaurel

Feck, Georgia v Portugal is on the RTE can't see the News Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭archfi

Czechs will be using their massive height as weapon #1 against the Turks

Georgia 1 up!!! 🇬🇪

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭whitelaurel

premier league a good part of it, a lot know the players inside out. And then obviously just the historical nature of us disliking them.

• Advertisement

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Thanks for that @archfi, I can now overload my brain following 2 games at once.

GEORGIA!!!!!!

I have to be careful now to avoid sensory overload - I've a bottle of Georgian red wine lined up hoping to toast their qualification…

Shout out to geographically confused American soccer fans cheering on Georgia…

Czech Barak sent off after two yellow cards, tough times for CZ

Turkey and Portugal turning up the heat now

• Advertisement

Ronaldo booked for dissent ie, moaning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,553 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Feels like it is only a matter of time before a Turkish goal. Harsh sending off I thought

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I thought this was pretty cool;

In 2013, Cristiano opened a football academy in Georgia, and one of the children who registered was Kvaratskhelia.

Today, they meet again,

• Registered Users Posts: 31,841 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Brilliant refereeing in the Georgia v Portugal game. Neto simulating contact and he gets the yellow he deserves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

If Georgia win England face Slovakia instead of the Netherlands

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

big time…

Liverpool were linked with him for a time and I’d love to see him there…

Georgia hold on at 1-0, they could have had a second but Portugal look very, very likely to score

I wonder are the Turks lined up for a sending off, that's looking likely to me which would make things interesting

Have to agree about ref in GeoVPor, he's taking no shít!

Great call on Georgia Andy, I was only saying it before the game I fancied them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,428 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ronaldo penalty? My arse!! Nowhere near a goal threat.

Advertisement