Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot e-5008

• 30-12-2023 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

Due late summer but a few may arrive earlier....news here welcome. Especially been for price news, fingers crossed they don't lose their minds and go EV9 pricing

😎

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭vicM

Still think it will be pricey, above 55K starting

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any ideas if there’ll be a 7 seat version?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Seems from the YouTube promo video there will be

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭chrisd2019

It will not be cheap in this country!

Guide price of 55K in Germany is being thrown about in the motoring media.

Previous Peugeot new models have a history of faults with early production runs and associated issues with the company denying existence of issues and carrying out corrective work under warranty. I would not be rushing to be one of the early owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have the latest version of the ice 5008. It's a grand family car with my only big issue being the painfully slow and unresponsive infotainment system. I'd assume they will improve on that for the e-5008 and use the same systems they have in their latest EVs. They do look a bit better from what I've seen in reviews of the e208 and e3008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

My wife has a 5008. Agree it's a brilliant family car, a true 7 seater. The infotainment is poor alright and the drive on it isn't great. If they can do a good job on the e-5008 it would definitely be high on my priority list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭poker--addict

no 3rd iso fix in the back….will lose 20% of the market.

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Wow that's an awful decision by Peugeot. A few years ago we were trying to decide between the 5008 and the Skoda Kodiaq and went with 5008 mainly for the 3rd isofix in the 2nd row

Ya moves it to being a 6 and half seater rather than full 7 seats like the current set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭MarkN

I had a look at it a few weeks ago…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Mark, is the 3rd isofix across the middle not a huge competitive advantage/differentiator for the 5008, I read a data point somewhere that "only" 20% of their market wanted it - that is huge. EV9 operating in a different price sphere thinking its a Merc.

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭MarkN

I would’ve thought so. Assuming I get to drive it at an international launch, I will ask why they removed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭derekreilly

Got to drive the E-5008 today. Here's the video.
    Peugeot E-5008 - 1st Drive of the All-Electric 7 Seater, 660 km Range with 8 Year Warranty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

I once hired an ice 3008 in Guernsey, loved the way it drove, adored the square steering wheel. Hiring another in Bristol shortly

It looks like the boot is smaller when the 6/7th seats are folded down compared to the current boot as well as the middle isofox seat going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Boot with rear row seats in place looks the same to me. I suspect the extra 15cm in length is in the wheelbase. Middle isofix gone is no big deal, it still looks like a proper usable seat. If it’s priced competitively, it should sell well. There is an obvious gap in the EV market for a car of its size with 7 seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cgorzy

I would disagree on the middle seat, it looks much narrower than the others, also it doesn’t slide independently so adding this to the absent isofix point I think it is a big step back for families with 3 children especially where needing multiple car seats. Probably more comfortable where there are only 2 in the back. Options are running out for 3 equal sized seats in the back EV or ICE.

I understand your point but it could be viewed by Peugeot as minority issue. Most families with a young family will put a slightly older child in that middle seat on a booster that can fasten their own seatbelt. It’s a PITA to climb in to fasten in a small child in a centre seat which is why it works best to have the smallest beside the doors for access. It’s probably all down to cost savings, most french families only have 2 kids anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cgorzy

Yes I get that the main target market is probably families with 2 children and then with the option of 3 occasional seats. Families with 3 children are a minority and don’t really have any other options at the price point except the second hand market so financially Peugeot can decide to cut the cost and not expect it to impact sales. For practicality though for 3 in the back I think the existing model is considerably better.

Just checked it there and these are the figures with the 6/7 seats down so full boot or just 5 passengers.

Current 5008 - 952 litres

New e5008 - 748 litres

So it has lost just over 200litres of boot space too by the looks of it. That's going off figures given in online reviews.

• Advertisement

Doesn’t make sense considering the extra 15cm in length but the 2 rows of rear seating look a little more plush than the current model. LWB 7 seat ID.Buzz now available in the UK and could be a viable competitor if priced keenly here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I’d say they’ve lost a bit of boot capacity by making the rear less boxy than the current model.
    overall looks like a decent offering, depending on price obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭derekreilly

They are playing silly buggers with the boot sizes, some are listed to the roof, others cubic feet and some are liquid feet….

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenif

Looks like order book has opened in UK. Only for the smaller battery pack and starting at £48.5K. I guess we'll be looking at almost €60k. Heat pump and other bits are add-ons… didn't check the GT line to see what was included, that's over £52k

Looks like a big premium for the EV version, a petrol(mild hybrid) in the same trim is £11K cheaper than the 73kWh EV….. PHEV version is £5K cheaper than the EV. GT spec is below;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 ranoutofcoffee

60k is a serious wedge of cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭freddieot

At that price it should be AWD at least..

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenif

It's not for me. We are in the market and had hope for this one. But I think it'll be a second hand ice until the options improve. Kodiaq have a plug in hybrid with 100km of range(but only 5 seats??) How often would a family car do more than 100km? Ioniq 9 not far behind the Peugeot release either.... Plus having watched a few reviews and reading between the lines, I don't think driving the E5008 is going to bring you any joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭freddieot

Had hopes myself as i had a 190 awd version and it was brilliant. The prices skoda are looking for now will push me out of the brand though. Current car is a sorrento phev, much better bang for buck than skoda now..

• Advertisement

New Sorento’s are now €65K+, not the cheap Korean car they once were.

Advertisement