Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2024 AH thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭StevenToast

They always get an easy route....

And they ALWAYS fùck it up!!

This tournament will be no different.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

No games until Saturday! What'll we do! 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 68,553 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Still sticking with Spain with Austria as dark horses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭forumdedum

• Registered Users Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Georgia came 4th in their qualifying group and only got in via Nations League playoff. They were lucky to be there but took their chance. Some teams are big game teams.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭growleaves

Anything's possible but Italy and England are a study in contrasts.

Italian teams are good at holding their nerve and so get lucky when they don't even really deserve it (like against Croatia). England on the other hand - good/great players but confidence can really dip at the wrong moments.

Also does Southgate have the judgement to combine the players so that they mesh properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I think its going to be englands time. They can only improve on their performances so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,061 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Give it a break will ya. You're just spamming the thread at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭drury..

It's always great entertainment the England team , the English public the media and the team at major tournaments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Stolen from YLYL 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,100 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

He's panicking they'll win something finally. I've come to accept I'll have to deal with it at some stage in my life.

I've come to accept I'll have to deal with it at some stage in my life.

They probably will eventually…. and its almost a 'just get it over and done with' kinda thing….

The last Euro's would have been 'ideal' for them (us) to win as it'd have been overshadowed by their fans behaviour outside Wembley before the game, and it'd already be 3 years ago now…

• Registered Users Posts: 14,100 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I mean the team, fans and the pundits arent unbearable like they used to be these days. I wouldnt mind that much.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I fancy a Spain v. Austria final. 33/1 on PP.

Edit... Oh 16/1 I see now. Not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

As long as it's not a world cup. Maybe we are blessed that Southgate is so lucky in the draw or they might have had a good manager by now.

Personally, I think a lot of their players are still being overrated, and some of them are overcoached so they can't really adapt to anything other than their club style.

my spidey sense is tingling again about Georgia doing a number on Spain….

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PatFitzy

Austria do look an all round team, so do the Swiss, think one of will make the final. Would not be at all surprised to see Slovakia beat England by the extra odd goal or on penalties.

Fancy France to make the Final, likely win it.

UEFA's chief of refereeing puts Steve Clarke back in the BS excuses box, alongside the so called professional pundits on RTE & BBC

Spanish VAR official Alejandro Hernandez also chose not to intervene and UEFA's managing director of refereeing, Roberto Rosetti, has claimed the correct decision was made as he accused Armstrong of intiating the contact. He also insisted that Scotland were fortunate not to have a penalty awarded against them after pointing out a shirt pull by John McGinn in Hungary’s penalty box shortly before the Armstrong incident.

Speaking during a media summit held to discuss controversial decisions during Euro 2024, Rosetti said: "In this match there were two controversial situations. Two! One was a clear pulling in the penalty area but you don’t mention that? And then there was the Armstrong situation which was checked and decided in this way. There was one, for example, in minute 68 when there was a possible penalty because No. 7 of Scotland - John McGinn - was pulling the opponent’s shirt just before the incident (Stuart Armstrong). So this was one of the possible penalties.

“Then there was of course in minute 79 in the penalty area of Hungary another incident. This was, let’s say, in favour of Hungary when the attacker of Scotland - Armstrong - was in front of the Hungarian. If you watch it from behind the camera, there was a movement of the attacker towards the Hungarian. So another controversial decision. Of course the VAR checked it - they check everything. They checked the previous one and the second one and they decided it was just physical contact. This is what happened on the pitch.

“There was no intervention because in their opinion the attacker changed the direction towards the defender and in his opinion it was just a physical contact to challenge the defender. It was checked and in the end there was no intervention.”"

"

• Registered Users Posts: 55,428 ✭✭✭✭walshb

These past two days have been awful!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭archfi

My mind won't allow me comprehend that one…but can't wait for the match 🇬🇪

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

nah, it’ll probably be a bridge too far for them…. But I fully expect them to absolutely go for it, and I do think it’ll be the tie of the round.

They are on the crest of a wave and in uncharted territory and it’s fantastic to watch…. And they’ve absolutely nothing to lose..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,443 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

So here we go.

The meat of the tournament.

Swiss on top so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Swiss controlling this thus far. Italy doing jack & s*it

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

the tournament won’t be any worse off if Italy go out…. They’ve no spark.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

This tournament has been shite so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Two bang average teams.

Advertisement