Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night and Day Festival

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Anybody know if there are kitchen facilities at/near the campsite? (cooker is the main one I'm interested in, and a kettle for tea!). Website says no camping stoves allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Got a reply from the organisers: "There is a communal area in the family campsite, it has cooking hobs, microwave, fridge and freezer. It's not that big but we don't expect there to be excessive demand given the hot food traders in the arena."

Happy days! There's only so many hotdogs/burgers you can eat in a long weekend ;-) Really looking forward to the weekend…

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭turnfan

The campers kitchen + facilities in the campsite is excellent. It puts all other festivals everywhere to shame.

See everyone down there! I'm bringing my folding caravan, if ya spot me around call over and say hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Mucker46

So jealous can't make it this year. First two were amazing and thi k this year will be great but does lack the international act ala John Grant mercury rev but the atmosphere and the staff and attendees are brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lisabiscuit

On the road! See y'all very soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭paulbok

Not a bad festival, great location and laid back atmosphere, but Je$u$ H Christ, the queues on Saturday for everything were demoralising.

Even with big time gaps between acts you could just about queue and get a pint, For food, no chance. spent 20 mins queuing for a burger only to get to the top and be told they had no chips left and only took cash - festival was advertised as cashless, Then moved into the queue for a pizza and when I got to the top of that they stopped taking order to let the oven reheat. Ended up leaving the queue as didn't want to miss the start of the next band. I won't even get into the cost of the food.

The music was great though, The 4 of us, Undertones and Ash put on a great show, alas I had the kids with me on Sunday and didn't get to see anyone, was really looking forward to the Franks.

We're likely to go again, I'd imagine the organisers will improve the services to lessen the queues, but will be bringing more food & drink to keep us going

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Were both of the stages under tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The problems you mentioned have been ongoing since the first iteration of the festival in Castlerea back in 2022 which i mentioned in my review on first page of this thread.

Looking back and having attended Forest Fest last year where toilets were plentiful and food/drink vendors were easily accessible at any time of the day despite the horrendous weather we experienced especially on Saturday makes Night and Day look rather amateurish in comparison on the facilities front.

Yes the stages are tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Interesting was at first two, unfortunately couldn't make this one, and never had to queue for more than a couple of minutes for food or drink. Queues are not a good thing so hopefully will be better next year, I will be back to it as really like the vibe and music

The Queue for the drinks was long at times, the reusable cups meant no prefilled pints, I assume they allowed people to bring cans in once this became apparent? They should have just sold boxes of cans

I only queued for drinks once, so I didn't affect me much…a cheap weekend sipping cans was wonderful!

A second bar would have helped a lot.

Food - the Rice and Bean chilli was a steal at €8, I combined this with a chicken between 4 of us and had a full meal!!

No complaints about the food from me!

The festival has become more family focussed, and as a result - while this will make it more successful , it will probably be less appealing than it was originally pitched as: an "Other Voices" type outdoor festival with a blend of Irish and International acts.

Had a ball at Ash and Bell X1 and Gemma Hayes was just amazing as always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭budgemook

If anyone has been to Night and Day this year and Kaleidoscope last year, could you tell me how they compare? Looking for a switch from Kaleidoscope next year and wondering if Night and Day would be suitable (6 and 8 y/o kids). Are big family tents allowed / the norm in the family campsite?

While I haven't been to Kaleidoscope, I would say Night and Day is suitable for around that age group (Maybe 8 is a touch old…depending on child's interests)

Big tents are allowed in the family campsite, I saw some whoppers in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

No entry allowed between ages 14 and 20, not sure I would describe that as 'family focussed' tbh. Sounds fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Rossie11

Quick question

Presume the 135euro Tier 1 Weekend Camping - Family Campsite is per adult?

U14 2euro ea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭budgemook

Ah right, so a bit more for younger kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

for 2024 the Early Bird Family ticket was 175 for 2 adults and up to 5 children…

A big price increase for families so maybe they are pivoting away from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BullBauld

I found the queue at the bar fine for the most part, maybe another counter could be opened but no wait was too long.... unless you joined right after the big tent finished.

Great weekend overall, a few improvements around the general car park needed though, one route in and out of the field.

Advertisement