Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem Malahide Castle Wednesday 26th June 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I'm gonna try bus and DART. Do they do any extra capacity on DARTs? What time is last one back towards Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,794 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think they'll put on extra darts, they did for the killers gig a few years back. There was a decent queue but there were loads of trains on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭T.V Eye

Jaysus. There's resale tickets up on TM for 35 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Fanirish

sure there is hundreds if not thousands of tickets being given away free for it.
    taylor Swift at Croke park situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

That was always going to happen. Wednesday in Malahide is not an appealing proposition for a lot of people. If it had been Saturday or Sunday myself and some mates would definitely have gone. None of us are bothering with it.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭crl84

That plus it's basically the same gig as 5 years ago. If they hadn't been in Malahide playing almost the same setlist then, it would have made this more attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Jambonjunior

Are marathon strict with bus times out? I'm not sure when I'll be able to get off work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Their cover of Harry Nilsson's "Jump Into The Fire" is on some recent setlists. If they play it should be worth the trek to Malahide alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TagoMago

Heading to the gig later and looking forward to it but definitely now as much so as the 2018 gig… I'd imagine the same venue and (mostly) same set list probably won't be helping with ticket sales? They likely won't have garnered many new younger fans with the lack of new music in the interim either

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ngunners

If it has sold poorly will they bump people up to gold circle?

• Advertisement

Nah. I think gold circle is mostly sold out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Seems busy around the place - but not been to a gig here before though so no point of reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭fits

I can’t go - covid.
    I have two gold circle tickets and a parking ticket if anyone wants them. Much discounted obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭T.V Eye

Enjoyed that.

Idles are controlled chaos at this point. No one does palatable noise rock as well as them.

Danced like an idiot to LCD.

Sound was so bad for Young Farthers that I had stand at the back. Low end was like a swarm of bees.

Probably could have been a Trinity Gig really.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

Free flow for the gold circle,no wristband checks. Train and Luas home by 12:30 am to D12 not too bad.

LCD were good but not a patch on their Olympia gig a while back.

Sh!T Robot was good fun and also played through the intervals.

Young Fathers sounded great to me, would like to see them indoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Enjoyable night overall but IDLES were draining me by the end. They seem like they'd be insufferable to be around in real life, full time mad bastids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Thought the gig was very enjoyable, LCD are a fantastic live act and Idles are good fun.

Thought the crowd was decent, everyone having a boogie at the back where we were standing

Yeah, walked into Gold Circle no problem. Happy days. Band sounded great.

Shame about the truncated set - only 13 songs is a bit disappointing. Hate these stupid curfews. Would've loved Drunk Girls or Daft Punk instead of Yr City's a Sucker. And some more tunes off American Dream - Oh Baby would've been nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Shank Williams

wasn’t at this gig but curfews really starting to piss me off - semi understandable at outdoor gigs (but really suck it up residents if it’s a handful of gigs a year) but when it happens at indoor gigs fk off

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mactheknife19

For Malahide residents (as one myself) the gigs are not that disruptive from the time the gig starts to the time it clears out. I dropped a kid to a football match last night which needed me to drive around the outside of the castle grounds around 7pm and there was no traffic. The stage is well insulated from most estates in Malahide because of the woods so the sound is not to disruptive. I'm in an estate around 300m from the entrance gate at the village and its nothing more then a hum in the background. I think the curfew is more related to public transport and the pubs in the village wanting to get people in coming from the concerts so they want people back in the village for 11pm. I'm not really familiar with Marley or St Annes so maybe they are more disruptive for residents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Yeah I was hoping for their Harry Nilsson cover but not to be!! 🙁

Short set but my God James Murphy is some vocalist. He's never really thought of as such but his range is so vast and expressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

really enjoyed it, sound was phenomenal. Happy to have my ears ringing this morning (I won’t thank myself in 20 years but there ya go)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭hold my beer

LCD were excellent as always. Idles I'd only heard a song or 2 before going. They were a very odd support act for LCD, way, way rockier. Bit of craic but not my type of music.

That's the 1st and last time I've gone to a gig in a Malahide. Gig over at 10.45, and only got back home at 1.30am. Train, bus and taxi. Absolutely painful trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PinkSnacks

Not odd at all. They collaborated on a song together for latest Idles album (Dancer). And peak LCD energy matches Idles energy despite their different styles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Great atmosphere there for a mid week gig and obviously the rain holding off was a plus. Pity they didn't do a proper encore at end though. They do need to change up the setlist though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Lcd were brilliant, Idles were brilliant, Young fathers were nearly brilliant apart from the issue with the bass which nearly popped an ear drum.

That was one of the great one day lineups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Sounds great lads. Sorry I missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Had a ball. Was with a wonderful crew and met some lovely folks, all enjoying themselves.

Would have liked another tune or two, but got back to the gaff at a reasonable hour.

Much better set up than at PJ the other day, although sound was only middling at times, though that's nit picking.

• Advertisement

James Murphy produced IDLES' song 'Dancer' which is probably why they are supporting. And early LCD has a touch of punk influences and they are a post-punk band.

Advertisement