Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I'm in two minds. CNN will be rebroadcasting it at 7am tomorrow morning, so I might get up early instead. Who am I kidding, I'm a night owl, so yes probably.

The format definitely suits Biden. 2 minutes for response. No-one has ever told Trump to stop talking talking after two minutes. He's only getting going after two minutes. "They said…<protracted silence> they said I wouldn't be a good President. It turns out… I was the best President in history. The crooked dems…

Jake tapper: 15 seconds left!

DJT: I havn't made my point yet! This is unfa<click>

Jake Tapper: Time.

CNN are a professional organisation, Instead of being worried about Biden falling to Trumps level, I reckon the questions put to the candidates will be above Trumps level, giving him oppertunity to go into batshit crazy tangents. Meanwhile Biden will respond like a statesman.

If after that, Trump does get elected then I'm sorry USA deserve what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Stanley 1

Seems to have won his debate with Epstein, ain't no exposures coming from that quarter, GMax is keeping her trap shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

A lot of people think was open to blackmail from Epstein and Trump might have been behind his death, others scared to do anything, it's a reference to his Mob links.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

A lot of people think the breakfast roll song is good, doesn't make them right.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Ah, those were the days. Celtic Tiger in full swing, the sky was the limit, forever onwards and upwards, nothing was impossible.

I wasn't fond of the absolutely pig-ignorant, democracy for sale, Bertie Ahern government at the time and too much money didn't always bring out the best in people, but getting a whiff of nostalgia here. Can you believe that's 18 years ago?

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

Can't wait for the debate, CNN will do all they can to help Sleepy Joe while he's on his Chez Lounge chugging from his keg of Mountain Dew.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Jesus Biden sounds old in this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That freeze is going to get a lot of air time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

This is def not going as well as the Democrats would have liked

• Registered Users Posts: 28,343 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Trump is lying with a great deal more confidence than Biden is arguing. Its not going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Trump appears to be winning so far.

Biden doesn't seem to be coming across well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The state of them arguing about their golf performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

The main winner in this debate is the candidate who doesn’t play to their own base, and plays to the undecided and soft voters of the opposition party. Biden seems to be doing a slightly better job there. Trump very obviously dodging important questions and the dodging of the childcare question could really hurt him. Biden’s big freeze early on wasn’t great at all. Trump looking incredibly uncomfortable when Biden criticises him. Obviously not used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Caustic

Jesus Biden looks and sounds awful, wtf how is this the best the Democrats could put forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Jesus I didn’t watch the debate , but there is no impartial commentary . Republicans Trump , Democrats Biden . I wish there was a reporter who could explain impartiality how it went

Oh s!it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

Biden should be in a nursing home. The man is not mentally well.

Trump was full of it as ever.

If anything positive comes from this, it is the fact that Biden is incapable of being president and Dems will have to change candidate to win. If this was later, Trump would have been a shoe-in. Dems now have to force/coerce Biden to retire and select a new candidate.

it’s obvious to everyone that Biden cannot run again. A vote for Biden will be a vote for a vice president, he won;t last another 4 years.

Trump looked and spoke younger. BUT he dodged questions and didn’t show any future policy indications. He was negative instead of positive. That will go against him.

Can’t wait to see how the press conference in the white house goes tomorrow. Corrine must be **** herself about what lies she can peddle to pass up this Biden disaster.

• Advertisement

I think that’s why Kamala is vp . She covers all the bases . Non white , part Asian and a woman . She’ll be the first woman president ever by winning an election or inheriting when Joe retires . ABt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Kamala can't win an election. She's a joke. I mean, if she's planning on stepping up then she'd better start doing something... anything? Because up until now she's barely been seen, let alone done anything useful. They're going to have to find someone else. But who?

I think the Democrats are in serious trouble, the progressive wing will drive away swing voters but at the same time the party don't want to piss them off.

I did watch the debate.

It was weird in so kindes of way

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Detritus70

So far this has been said about every vice president ever. I'm guessing the VP is always in the shadows and I'd guess they're not supposed to outshine the Pres.

If she ran, the same disingenuous racists will use their Greatest Hits collection of arguments, saying it shouldn't be about color and by that saying "she's only up because she's from a minority!", whilst desperately scraping together anything they can find on her and throwing in as many personal slurs as they can.

So it would be a remix of the Birther bullsh1t and that flood of sewage directed at Hillary Clinton. She's still tarnished from that through no fault of her own.

If Trump wins than we know that to succeed in US politics you just have to start screaming lies and bullsh1t louder, faster, longer than the others.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭pureza

The Democrats are doomed.

The Russian Predident will be happy as he's about to be handed Ukraine

Their embassy in Orwell road may get an industrial printing press for all the Ukranians here that will need new passports for their return home to the Soviet union.

On the plus side,we'll save money in the medium term as some of our larger embassies in Eastern Europe will close and it's unlikely Moscow might allow us to open consulates in the new enlarged soviet union.

there was a bit of discussion from better reporters . Basically that Biden is really old and Trump isn’t far behind .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Peter Doocy will be rubbing his hands together at the thought of her having to put a positive spin on that Biden performance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭brickster69

Look at the CNN poll lads. Looks like a few pairs of rose tainted glasses have been finally put in the bin.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,375 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Why the hell wasn't he like this in the debate?

Advertisement