Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hormones making me cry over the stupidest of things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The sound of an empty can rolling during the night. If I hear one during the day I will make a point to go out and hunt it down when I can see it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

Stupid drivers. There was a group at a pedestrian crossing and the car in front of me started braking like he was going to let them cross -he has to, they have the right of way, then when he got to the crossing he accelerated on through instead. He stopped at the traffic lights up the road so I pulled up close enough behind him to set off his parking sensors and hopefully sicken his head for a few minutes. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

as a pedestrian (and occasional cyclist) I say "thank you" …. So many drivers dont think about what goes on outside their car wrt how ppl will react to their actions. Heard a good one recently "a bad driver never misses their exit. a good driver will (ie they will go the next one)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

As I was walking into a cafe, a guy on this way out belched extremely loudly quite close to my face. No excuse me or apology offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My rear parking sensors only activate when car is in reverse gear!

I thought that would be the norm, or you would be driven demented in city traffic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Disgusting. I sometimes think people doing that are looking for notice. Or basically never learned any manners.

I was on a bus recently and a guy on board, spat out onto the ground just as the doors were about to close, after people alighted. 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When your kid(s) are off school and inside on a beautiful sunny day like it was winter or covid or something. And we have such few sunny days. And you are stuck inside because you have to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When people address letters in Irish, trying to show off their fluency or something. Usually accompanied with fancy hand-writing too which makes it hard enough to decipher as it is.

Not every postal operative can translate the language and there's enough to be doing with adding the extra hassle- the contents inside could be written in Sanskrit or a death threat with poison ink, I don't care. Just make the actual envelope its in as concise and simple as possible for ease of delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,146 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Usually the types that try to make a point that all state services should use Irish.

In reality their needs will still get processed albeit not as fast obviously because most staff only speak and understand English. So their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

Saw an idiot today driving through a crossroads with both hands off the steering wheel while looking down at his phone. Don't care if his stupidity injures himself but he is putting other people's lives at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Another TA for the day.

Anyone over the age of 25 that refers to themselves as a Swifty.

Like I think Taylor Swift is one of the best pop stars of all-time in terms of catchy tunes alone, and have been known to sing along to many of her hits, but the deification of her as a 'movement' has gone out of hand. I mean, renting out the 3 Arena just to sell (over-priced and I'm sure ethically sourced) merch is a bit much no? Especially with the astronomical price of a ticket to her show as it is.

News items about her due to arrive into the country (so she can make even more money)- if it was a backwater regional US city not used to international acts I'd understand the hype, but she is playing in a capital city of a wealthy Western European country.

'Swiftys' suddenly becoming NFL fans (where they stick out like a sore thumb) because she happens to be dating a player that was a legend in his own right before all this.

It's no wonder she is at the height of her fame at a time when younger people are more sensitive and have less get-up-and-go about them.

As she would say herself 'You Need to Calm Down'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Driving standards in general but currently my TA relates to driving on the M50. I traveled between 2 exits yesterday and in that space of time, I saw 2 trucks in the outermost lane and another car break hard in the slip road and pull back out in to the main road right at the barrier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

People that insist upon you. This person that is trying to foist herself upon me because she tangentially knows someone I know, fine, you have my first name, but understand the body language of I'm tired and out of spoons for people..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pearl Jam did the same thing with merch last week - albeit on a lesser scale by using Whelan's - and nobody seems to be giving out about that.

Sorry, not meaning to go against the TA, have just seen a few people practically calling for TS's head over it.

Anyway, today's TA: needy dogs. Well, one dog in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

get tagged on social media … as per the notification it’s about a certain show that’s being put on in a famous theater on Dame St….I look up the persons name. It’s a soap actress. I don’t follow them or have any interest in them or soaps.

I do follow the theatre so I presume that the theatre has enabled the actress’s management with the accounts of their followers here. 🤬

WTF is a Super Junior Minister ?

A Nintendo game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sortof. I think you get to sit at Cabinet but not vote. Theres probably another joke in there somewhere...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

• Advertisement

Ministers, junior ministers, super junior ministers. It's the Dail version of everyone gets a medal on school sports day.

Another joke is Minister for heritage, arts, gaelgoirs and all of the things.

Related, the usual Dublin gouging for accommodation going gangbusters for the weekend.

Varadkar getting all trendy and "down with the kids" (who can't get a house anywhere) with Pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The man is gay, I suspect he has a legitimate interest in Pride...

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

T.a. that when taking public transport, one can put in their headphones to drown out the annoying external noise of others but there's nothing you can do quench the bad breath of the person sitting behind you.

I've fantasized far too many times about some kind of sound insulated pod system, where each person has their own personal space.

Maybe we could replace Dublin bus with a network of gondola that traveled high up, above the city 😂 then I could have a nice view of the city and some peace and quiet at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

This morning I don't know if I'm more TAed with Amazon, many of their vendors or just myself for getting annoyed and wasting my time ranting about it :-(

So there I was searching in todays deals to see if I could find any cheap brand name padlocks for my new lockpicking hobby. In the process Amazons algorithms decided to put up some adverts for deals on "Fireproof bags" that all had 4 and 5 star reviews. F… me this really TAed me as they are all the sellers are con men because the items aren't fireproof. So I've just finished wasting my time writing some one star reviews for the "featured items" that Amazon thought I might have been interested in buying when I definitely wasn't!

btw if you're interested youtube has plenty of video's of these bags burning.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The family online buying debit card is with a well-known Irish bank, it fails the authentication test most of the time🙄. I have come to expect this, this am it bounced bc the purchase would have left a single cent in the charge-free account.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Dumbly assuming drivers might stop at a pedestrian crossing to let you cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Charlo30

Lunchtime meetings

• Advertisement

That feeling that Taylor Swift is going to sort out all the problems in the country; but you know she's going to ditch us on Sunday night and leave us in the wind and rain and with the same sterile government we've had since independence. 🤣

Advertisement