Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LAC95_

they are on batch 11 now but clearing interdepartment first

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eggsalive78

I am in batch 11 and currently going through reference checking. I received an email late last week saying I was under consideration for the interdepartmental stream. No word since but no surprise as it's not even been one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jobseeker2018

Sent another email yesterday got following response: same as last week when I asked.

Open : 2026   

Inter-departmental: 734

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BAjD12

I've sent my declaration form yesterday and today they were onto my manager/HR in my current department.

Batch 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Help_Dubai

batch 12 results are out… I assume people have to taken from batch 12 OOM before people from batch 13 can be taken? So am I assured of a post now I’m on the batch 12 OOM, regardless of number? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Stonet123

if I’m coming up to my third year as a CO, would I go to the first scale on EO or does service play a factor in your salary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭JJfd

results are out I cannot believe but I passed!!!

@Help_Dubai yes definitely!!

FYI

PAS sent this to all I assume on batch 12 today after results were issued.

Congratulations on your Executive Officer result in batch 12.

We are currently undertaking the pre-employment checks for batches 10 and 11. We will not commence the pre-employment checks for batch 12 for a couple of weeks.

We will contact you via your publicjobs message board for the eligibility checks and then via email for the pre-employment checks.

Thank you for your patience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Yep wasn't sure if that was standard or they are just taking a breather to launch the nationwide comp this week and then back to Dublin only while everyone fills out applications, I imagine they can get quite busy with all the comps

@skidmarkoner my PO said it’s the time of year with everyone been on A/L that it slows down a bit.

Ah makes sense

so I guess we’re looking at clearance not being done until end July or into august and job offers from end of august? I’m not that high in batch 12 either (just delighted to pass), so I think it could be September or October before a placement. Did people from other batches all get placed relatively quickly?

@Help_Dubai same here happy to pass!! Good thing is there are still batch’s after us who haven’t interviewed yet so at least we know we are in. I think our batch was a big one

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jimbomacers

ah fantastic, placed 125 on the open, so should be soon.

They removed me from the InterD because I was 20 days short of the 2 years when the application stage closed 😂

125 in a batch? I wonder how big the batch was

I know !!! Never heard of it either but this batch was huge !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kellyf17

So do you lose any AL that you haven’t taken before you move department? Surely that can’t be right? I’m moving in a couple of weeks and have 18 days AL that I haven’t used yet. I would’ve thought that I could bring that with me and use it before next April?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I said earlier in a reply to a comment you would moving depts but was asking an HEO in my dept (who has been around the block in CS) and they said you shouldn't but some HR's are pernickety and want a clear HR record when you start so…if you do fight the cause because everything should transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Kellyf17

I will definitely look into this before I move thanks… ye my HEO had told me my AL should carry but flexi time is dependent on the department so will use that before the move anyway

Yeah, wouldn't risk any flexi you have accrued

So the new nationwide competition has launched. Strange they only allow applicants to choose one county, given most would consider 3 or 4 counties near them. Very few or small offices in some counties too.

https://www.publicjobs.ie/restapi/campaignAdverts/190770/booklet

in addition, the below table shows how Dublin centric recruitment still is:

https://www.publicjobs.ie/restapi/documents/Executive_Officer_Panel_Assignments.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Catalan69

I placed off current panel in Dublin....only 2 days in office so the daily commute is doable, mobility in two years, worth the sacrifice if you make it work

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sayra23

@Catalan69 just jumping on here, I see you’re commuting, I’m starting Monday and I will be commuting from Leitrim, I'm glad to read your post as I was beginning to worry about the commute, but if I’m lucky enough to get a day or two wfh it’s completely manageable I assume?!

Got notification of assignment to justice, no dept, start date or anything, they love keeping you in suspense

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jimbomacers

I believe there is a project with DSP and Justice, a lot of people will be assigned to the IPO.

What batch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Was that batch 10 or 11, and can I ask when did you submit the Clearance Self Declaration?

Advertisement