Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

You mean cover a current affair? You must be new here. Liveline mostly covers issues from 1973. Unless there is breaking news like a cat stuck in a tree or a man locked out of the Ordnance Survey building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Liveline thread posters seem to meet a lot of pub bores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Were you the guy muttering to himself about coddle and addressing everyone as "Cawlur"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

Swiftie Skams on de Prime Time now, no doubt there’ll be an outpouring on Kay Tea, especially Kerry fans who have travelled all the way from de Kingdom with fake tickets.

Tbh I can’t think of a TS tune to go around my head, I completely missed her existence bar hearing her name the odd time. I’d be more Bruce Springsteen. I’m

Sure if I sat down and listened I might “get” TS, but give me a weekend break any time over €1000 ticket to see a pleasant girl with red lipstick dancing around and singing pleasant tunes. Everyone to their own and she’s harmless except on the wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Jeff2

So no funny Friday stuff while Joe is off at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,304 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

We could have Funny Friaries, where a random selection of men of the cloth ring in with jokes for all the family.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Tow

He advertised a FF in July a few times before he left for his well earned holidays. 12 or 19th of July.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

he’ll be back just ahead of that to flog it.

listening to all the “challenges” around Doobalin with multiple concerts and diversity celebrations so to speak. I’ll be as far away from these events as I can be. Monday on Liveline. Old be interesting, if it weren’t Kay Tea.

• Advertisement

The spiders are dusted off and the jump packs out to startup the 2FM Roadcaster. A short trip, so should be able to make it. No doubt Ray will be be fuddled with having to use the old school button set up again.

1987 and 1996

2017 Radio 1 version, with heavy load double axles.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Do you have a model collection, Charlie, the way Joe does with fubregades?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭squonk

While at school in 1988 I went to RTE to support our school’s team who were taking part in a schools radio quiz hosted by Mike Moloney. Somebody saw myself and my mate milling around so took us out to the 87 broadcaster for a tour. I loved it. First time I’d seen a studio in the flesh. Thanks for the photo. Brings back some great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭squonk

I’d say the double axel was specified for the Radio 1 roadcaster to accommodate Duffer in case he needed to take Liveline on the road.

Post edited by squonk on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I won't be listening in, no doubt John from Cark will be giving his expert break down of the debate last night

• Registered Users Posts: 13,837 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"…i relying on your vote Billy, we can't left Trump get back into the Whitehouse…"

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today:

Trump v Biden. Are they too old to be president? Joe would say that 82 is young.

Patient in a hospital is attacked by another with a walking frame.

Two OAP's car broke down and the breakdown assist/rescue guy also broke down. Wow

KAY TEA

Trump Biden debate last night

You can run for president if you are over 35, should there be an upper age limit?

Taylor Swift should run for Democrats

Teenage son in hotstipple, attacked with walking frame, shaken and sore, patients need to be kept safe from manic elderly

Car breaking down in middle of road, AA premium, breakdown assist is broken down. Lots of drama.

Will miss de show, have a little something to collect, so to speak. Sounds as if I’m missing crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Lost all their power - let me guess, they invested in one of them fancy EVs!!

• Advertisement

Today in Studio S7.1:

• Command Chair: Kay Tee standing in for as few weeks, as Joe will be "with us all Summer".
    • Guest Chairs: Empty.

Possible Topics:

• Stuff de Researchers found on social media.
    • Trump Bidden Debate: Key Tee, de LiveLine is not a current affairs program.
    • Presidential: Age Limit. How old is too old?
    • Shared Room in Hospital: Sharing should be banned, son attacked by auld lad with walking frame.
    • Car's Breaks down: Auld wans car breaks down from airport in middle of de night, waiting for AA to arrive. AA breaks down.

Banned Topics:

• Wolfe Tone vs Montrose
    • State of Hospitals
    • De Unwell
    • De Undocumented
    • RVM Machine Tax
    • Inflation
    • Lack of Doctors
    • Lack of Dentists
    • Lack of Gaffs
    • Lack of punishment for Crime

• Registered Users Posts: 82,237 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Today, KT...
    • US Election Debate last night, Joe Biden seemed to be not exactly as bright as The 5 Lamps so to speak. Should there be an upper age limit to be president or is that ageist.
    • Taylor Swift love in.
    • Listeners teenage son is in hospital, he is sharing a room with 2 men. A few nights ago he was in a fracas so to speak with one of the men who attacked him with his 'open carry' walking frame.
    • 68 year old driving home from airport, car breaks down, power goes. Caller was an AA Gold Member.

Shay then proceeds to play "She's Electric", I wonder does KT have a sister and Shay missed her?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭calculator

When I was at rte, I got chewing gum stuck in my hair and it got cut out with a pen knife 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Button Issues again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Joe missing 2 funerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,072 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

What goddam colour is your bleedin car ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,237 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You need a jaysus accountant out with you in that car to calculate if it will make it to the local Dunnes and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,304 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Nissan Leaf, most over-hyped pieces of junk on the road.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Cell Voltage Loss Inspection

Advertisement