Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ - Marlay Park - Sat 22 June 24

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I'm gutted for everyone heading over. Terrible news.

He must be fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Green Day is sold out according to their own graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

(I bet the setlist snobs would take a Dublin setlist in London now!!) I joke

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Few tickets available on twickets and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ticket sales were terrible, they were giving free tickets away yesterday.

Band probably happy to cancel, notice its not rescheduled.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I had a look earlier and while there were plenty of tickets available, clearly tens of thousands had been sold.. the stadium would definitely 'look full' if you were there. There is no way the band were happy to cancel. Rescheduling a stadium gig at short notice is probably nearly impossible.. particularly as the football will be back on and the pitches need time ahead of the season starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭COH

Really grateful to have seen then finally in Marley. Have mates who skipped it in favour of the gig in London and are now left scrambling for Green Day tickets to salvage the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Kilteragh

How does nugs work by the way? Is it ongoing subscription only or can you pay for a one-off download (the Marlay Park gig)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I don't have a subscription. I have bought several downloads and CD/download packages over the years and they are just accessible via my account. There are advantages to the subscription, in terms of additional services, but I'm happy just purchasing what I want.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Kilteragh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Hi,

That is a pity that PJ had to cancel the Tottenham shows...

I think those of us who saw them last Saturday in Marlay were lucky.. as he sang really well... but remember him saying he felt outta breath a lot... this was obviously the start of the illness and then in Manchester, by all accounts he was not feeling well and mentioned his voice...

Maybe there is a new Corona virus floating around that he picked up....

I am reading some the comments on the PJ Insta page... seems there are a lot of disappointed punters who booked flights, accommodation etc and are not feeling like sh1te...

Others mention that this might have something to do with poor ticket sales.... what do ye think? I dont think this was a factor... the prices were initially high...but allegedly for the Manchester gig, close to playing.. tickets were available significantly cheaper....

So I hope Ed feels better soon...

I wonder will the Berlin, Madrid and Lisbon shows go ahead now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭colmufc

Spurs stadium doesnt have the pitch issue as the pitch seperates into 6 segments and lowers into a area under the stadium like its in a greenhouse,

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭kg703

I've covid this week and was at PJ last week. I was also at Rammestein but it's everywhere at the moment so wouldn't be a surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭1992ChainGang

Exact same was at both gigs last week and positive for Covid today

• Registered Users Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Going past Marlay today, christ we got a perfect day for this one.

Advertisement