Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your most controversial opinion? **Read OP** **Mod Note in Post #3372**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Cordell

Do you keep your house clean and tidy? Do you repair stuff when it gets broken? Why? It's literally pot luck you're living in THAT particular house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Surely it would have nothing to do with the fact that their idea of patriotism usually aligns with their opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,305 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Depends - did I just wake up in the house one morning with no idea how I got there and how many housemates am I sharing outwith?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭maik3n

Just on the recent Aer Lingus Pilot strike fiasco, I'm really not that bothered that Mom/Dad and 2.4 children can't go on their hollibobs to Benidorm or similar climbs, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Its hardly put luck that people choose a house to rent or purchase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

They should let Enoch Burke out for the summer hols, what harm is he going to do hanging round outside a closed school? Give his spot in the joy to the woman beating soldier.

No problem with the last bit of that, but not sure with "what harm" can he do? He'll find a way…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭cms88

Another excuse for parents to cry about how unfair it is on them. Ignoring the fact they weren't forced into having kids in the first place.

On that note, it is the media that are keeping the Burke theatre in business. They crave the attention, without it they would dry up and blow away.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

The media would never in a million years follow every move of this family if they were Muslims but evangelicals are even more ok to lampoon than Catholics

• Advertisement

Having an English guy running an Irish discussion site could be considered a conflict of interests. Take for instance the immigration thread. Someone from England would be happy to see a policy of open door immigration for asylum shoppers in this country, because a lot of those shoppers are coming from the UK. That policy is good for the UK but not for us.

That would give an English mod on that thread an incentive to suppory the pro immigration side and come down on the anti economic migrant side like a ton of bricks.

Not disagreeing with you, but they'd still be a serious pain in the arse even without the nedia

• Registered Users Posts: 16,117 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Has he beaten anyone unconscious though?

Media and legal circus. Both are coining out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Honestly that just sounds like a nonsensical conspiracy theory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Beamish is a nicer stout than Guinness. It has more flavour, retains the head better, and is about 70 cents cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah I thought the Jews were behind every real and imagined conspiracy. Or is it immigrants?

In any case, the English haven't been behind a conspiracy for a while. It's like they say, everything comes back into fashion eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

C’mon El_D, it’s the NGOs now.

Soros and the Jews are so last year. But, of course, you already know that.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I thought it was the WEF, they had a battle with the NWO, Trilateral Commissions and The Bilderbergers to get to the top. It looked like they wouldn't make it but the Rothschilds changed sides at the last minute. We all know what "they" are like.

• Advertisement

True, and he'd probably purge his contempt and slip out of jail unnoticed.

Parents seems to think they're entitled to them just because they have kids. Plenty of others have been effected yet it's mostly parents complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Hodger

The late Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo who won the Nobel peace prize back in 2010 there is one particular quote attributed to him He’d written that it would take “300 years of colonialism” for China to become as civilized as Hong Kong,"

https://asiasociety.org/blog/asia/death-dissident-chinafile-liu-xiaobo

What I'm gonna say next some may find controversial and I hope my post won't be removed or flagged as any sort of so called hate speech. But looking at it from a longer term point of view Liu Xiaobo was right I 100 % agree with the quote attributed to him. Hypothetical speaking if it could of been possible for all of China to of been colonized it would of been a necessary evil in the longer term. Presently in mainland China take human rights abuses / persecution of religious minorities / organised organ harvesting / forced brainwashing in camps under the guise of re education plus other cultural backwardness . Also take the Hong Kong protests before the outbreak of covid part of the reason why they protested for universal suffrage is they were exposed to enlightenment ideas vs most those in the mainland had not hypothetical speaking If all of China had of been colonized like Hong Kong in the longer term the mainland would be different to what it is today. Liu Xiaobo was 100 % right in his assessment may he rest in peace.

It's was all benefits of colonialism and not the fact that Hong Kong iss relatively easy to control because it's mostly a city state?

Give your head a wobble, lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Actually China is more civilised than the west. If you want to see the future for the west, look at China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

I've started to really dislike Natasha O'Brien.

I of course felt very sorry for her 10 days ago when the story initially broke and you could see how a massive injustice had occurred in both what happened to her and the pathetic lenient sentence handed out and agreed with her calls for a proper sentnece and that sumnbag Crotty's removal from the army, but as the days went by you began to sense their was an ulterior motive and today everything has come full circle and she's finally got round to the point of it all as she today at a Pride event called for new hate crime laws to be introduced.

Once I saw Soc Dems, PBP and Ruth Coppinger beside her at some of her appearances and using her constantly I had a feeling something was up but was willing to give them, the benefit of the doubt and assume it was authentic concern for the injustice that had occured. Now we all know now she's just been deliberately platformed by these groups and they've just used her to push their agenda, they saw and opportunity and cynically exploited it. Whats worse is the injustice that happened to her has essentially been caused by the Bleeding hearts brigade who are now platforming her as they're the ones that come up with every excuse in the world for why criminals shouldn't receive harsher sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭micar

Came here to post about here.

She's lapping it all up.

You can see her setting up a charity of some sort and drawing a tasty salary. Ironically….she could benefit a lot from this.

What happened to her was dreadful. The guy should be in prison.

I was assulted…..reported it, guy arrested, admitted the assault but nothing happened

I've had 2 bikes stolen and 1 bike damaged beyond repair from an attempted theft……all reported and nothing came from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Very fine people on both sides.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

I think there's a strange contradiction in criticising people on benefits having children and also knowing we need more children to run the country as the population ages.

If you're on benefits with a big family of 3 or 4 children, then you must have a very low expectation for your quality of life. And maybe they're right...

I'm in a 2 income house, careful with money, finally saved enough to buy a house. Have one child and weighing whether we can afford to have another child if we also want to live what my parents generation would consider any kind of middle class lifestyle. By which I mean having enough to do nice things as a family, buy groceries, pay the mortgage and probably have a family holiday most years, save some money for school and uni for the child and have a pension to fall back on in later life.

But I'm wondering if my expectations are wrong and people on benefits are more realistic. The era of normal people working on median income and owning a house, having a big family of 3 or 4 children and living comfortably, are coming to the end

Advertisement