Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭DrPsychia

Symons was comparing the CATL M3Ps. The video you posted and the one I posted showcase the Panasonic battery in the US 2024 M3P.

He's right that the difference is very subtle. He came across as rather underwhelmed in his videos. I would be too if there was no difference in performance compared to the old M3P despite it being a facelift. There's more sound insulation and comfort but that's not why you buy a performance.

I'd rather buy a 2022 M3P which has better headlights, stalks, same power output, and you save probably 20k. If the new car had more power i'd definitely buy

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Is Runway club on this year? Thought that ended when the Stripe lads bought Weston airport.
    Good news if it is on 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Kia took my parents Eniro back after 11 months as they have been unable to repair it. Keeps dumping the battery coolant on the ground. Spent maybe 15 weeks in the dealer in 11 months.

Over 4yrs in a Model 3 and Y and no squeaks, rattles or issues. Have had to top up the windscreen wash a few times though 🤷

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Haven’t heard anything yet. I was hoping it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

While we're on the topic, yesterday I confirmed, purely for research purposes, that the MY is capable of reaching its top speed. Needed more than 1km to get there though and there was a bit of wind noise :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Renewed insurance earlier this week on the MY. Down 40 bucks on last year.

Not sure why - car less valuable obviously, perhaps that's all it is. This is with RSA who seem to have a healthy appetite for risk and do cover a lot of Teslas.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Any ideas of Tesla are strict on the 10 day trade in offer. It was day 11 when I put through an order for a MY from inventory.

I dont see anything in my account

I do see an Est. Delivery 28 June - 30 June and a Strange VIN allocated starting with XP.

If you can shed any light please

normally you can assign the trade in offer so if it’s not there then it must be gone. Resubmit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

There is nothing strage about the VIN. If it begins with XP its a specific car that has been manufactured in their Berlin factory VIN : XP7*******. Am not sure what you mean by a "10 day trade in". Tesla usually provide a requested trade in once a specific car has been matched and delivery is imminent and the trade in is valid for 30 days ..hence trying to time to coincide with actual delivery. If you have a VIN that indicates that a specific completed car has been matched to your order so its most likely on the way

i thought it was a model X Vin - good to know - I nearly sure I saw something along the lines of the initial trade in offer is only valid for 10 days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You did, that's the initial unseen quote, when you go through the process proper and take a photo or two they firm up the offer and that offer is good for 30days

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Thanks all
    ill have to check with them

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Woodie40

My wife had the exact same issues, amongst other issues, similar responses, luckily she got someone to take it off her hands.

It was an abysmal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

But the build quality of the Tesla Model Y and 3 is superb and if you think otherwise then it's unlucky then chaps.

I managed to get my latest service request moved forward to July 12th anyway.

I think no matter the brand, there’s always going to be some lemons in the bunch.

Yes but it's the after sales service that is fast becoming the real issue here.

That’s fair enough I can’t counter that as I’ve never had an issue with it personally. They are very quickly matching the legacy German brands for customer service unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Model Y update spotted: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslainvestorsclub/comments/1dxnbwv/tesla_model_y_juniper_spotted_for_the_first_time/

Also Tesla sales folks mentioned that the 0% deal on Model Y is coming to an end and it will go to 0.9% from tomorrow (Tuesday). Just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Question about the bioweapon-defense-mode. When would you use it in real life? Is it if you're stuck in traffic beside a bus from the 1980s? Or would you use it more frequently than that?

I thought the cabin air was being HEPA filtered during normal operation anyway, so apart from the positive air pressure, does bwd-mode offer anything else.

https://www.notateslaapp.com/tesla-reference/1273/tesla-bioweapon-defense-mode-what-it-is-and-how-it-works

Or is it just a gimmick like the farts and light shows?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not a gimmick in countries with widespread fires like UK/Canada etc, not of any benefit to Joe Soap here unless someone with severe allergies

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

"Bioweapon Defence Mode" sounds like Tesla-speak for HEPA filtration system - and I have used that in a Tata Nexon EV many times in the polluted city streets of India in last six months and I found it absolutely wonderful.

That car had a AQI display, and as soon as you open the door to let someone in AQI will drop to dangerous levels (>200ppl) and once you shut down the doors, the it will start dropping over next while to 30-40 ppl, and it was so pleasant to be not breathing in all the poison, it truly a made a difference in there. I am not sure how important / relevant that is in the pure windswept landscape of Ireland, where AQI is already amazing / as good as it gets. Perhaps if you are Dublin commuter, it might be useful on the calmest and foggiest of days - I can't see much use for it elsewhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

Is it just me or have the wipers gotten… ok? I’m on 20.7 and during the recent wet weather I find the wipers coming on, you know, when they should come on and I’m pressing the stalk button much less. Could it be nearly… fixed??

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭3d4life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

I am also on 20.7 with my Model 3. Yesterday they worked almost perfectly for me, turning on and off and varying speed as the rain/drizzle varied and then stopped. Even turned on as I started up in rain, which they never did before.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CBD2

I was thinking the same, especially in heavy mist, where before it was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

yes first time I noticed the wipers reacted to the different levels of rain quiet well. Hope I haven’t poxed it now

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Ok so I've developed the first noticeable rattle at 40k. It's coming from the passenger door and is only noticeable at motorway speeds but it is fair annoying. Applying some pressure to the door with an elbow while driving gets rid of it. Unfortunately I can't seem to convince the girlfriend to keep he elbow in the same position for the full journey. Any thoughts on how I'll go about trying to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭jlang

New girlfriend?

warranty?

Or remove for card and see if there’s something loose.

• Advertisement

There are a few guides on YouTube on how to tackle door rattles yourself, I'm reluctant to do anything until I've exhausted the service centre though as they'd probably tell me my warranty was void if I removed the panel myself.

Had to reschedule my appointment I had with them tomorrow, next available slot was August 20th.

🤦

Advertisement