Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Passerbye

by the way….. well done to those who passed & to those who didn’t, I failed 3 yrs ago & im back again so keep trying & don’t give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chemicals404

If one is asked for supporting documentaion and to submit garda vetting does that mean they have passed?

I got the email to send support documents before I took the retest so I doubt it. I sent them forward anyway as it’s still a deadline you don’t want to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bJWXNIXWNXOW

Hey does anyone have any ideal on how long the eligibility sift takes?

not sure but interviews are taking place on the week of July 22nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 hope234

does anyone know how long it takes to get the results of the aptitude test for the people who had to repeat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Scurvy

I'm in the boat with you chemicals404. Honestly at this point until I sign the contract I'm considering myself still out.

This might not be the right way to ask

Those who didnt pass did you get an email to submit garda vetting and those who passed did you get it aswell ?

Hanging on the knife edging is starting to bug me

Are you also waiting to hear back about results ? The only email I’ve received is the one asking to provide the supporting documentation.

Hopefully we find out today before the weekend 😭😭

where does is ask about Garda vetting if you don’t mind me asking ?

• Advertisement

I was never asked about garda vetting either,

Its was grada vetting recieved via email to be done . Comapny that requested it was Employment & Recruitment Federation.

Im nit sure if thats for the student paramedic ? Is it ?

The medical and occupational health assessments need to be done too.

Did that come by email ?@Scurvy

You would have received the form to full in and send back by now. The fitness is in person. As far as I am aware it's the chester step test

Anyone going to Ballinasloe get their vetting cancelled and a new invitation resent?

Any news regarding the resits from anyone?

No I havnt heard anything, I emailed Friday and they said they were to be sent out Monday . I dont wanna email again because I have sent a few already 🙈

results are out best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Jimmy113

Just got my results there. Passed thank God. Best of luck to all.

• Advertisement

Got my results and passed , quick question what does the t-score mean (Higher you got potenial higher panel number after interview)?

Good luck to all

Yea I presume so .

Will anyone be travelling from Dublin for the interviews ?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Jimmy113

All going well on the sift review I’ll be travelling to Galway for the interviews.

got my results & passed! Delighted & what a relief. Next stage eligibility then interviews…. I’m taking one step at a time 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 8 emmaphelan01

Got my date about an hour ago for the fitness test for July 12th. I’m absolutely bricking it for the Chester step test. I failed it back in November last year. Hopefully all goes well this time, fingers crossed 🙈

I can imagine but I'm sure you have prepared for it this time. From your experience how long were you waiting for the eligibility sift? And how long after interview did you do the fitness test?

hey @bJWXNIXWNXOW! I was not waiting long at all, maybe two weeks.. that was last April for me so can’t remember exactly! My interview was mid April and my fitness test is in July 24! However I had the chance back in Nov 23 after going through two rounds of recommendation to proceed. I was not high enough on the panel first time around therefore that did not proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Joconair

Best of luck this time @emmaphelan01, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. I also got my date for the fitness test. Wondering if you know what the pass mark is for the step test or is there a certain level you have to get to keeping the HR under 80% of max? I’ve been trying to get the information online but have had no luck so far as it seems to differ from organisation to organisation. Thanks

• Advertisement

@joconair I’m honestly not too sure, it’s very hard to get any information about it. Last time I did it I got to Stage 3 and I was told my HR was too high and that I couldn’t continue. Although I felt fine and able to continue.. I was never told how high my HR got and I was also too upset at the time to ask. However the video on YouTube from the link they attached in the email, the guy’s HR was at 140 after the 10 minutes.

Advertisement