Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options
1433434435436437439»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Yeah they’re professional shıt stirrers full of anger and hatred that only want to polarise societies further. The irony

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Fair to say, some folk don’t like what they see when the mirror is held up to them.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Believe it’s known as projection and transference in psychotherapy circles, Emmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

You;d have to be away with the fairies in order to marry and live with Shane McGowan for so long.

She's essentially another version of those women who marry men on death row.

Or they don't like listening to grifters like them who make a living exaggerating racism, it gets tedious after a while when the only thing you appear to be able to talk about is racism , if you look for offence everywhere in life you'll find it most people are far too concerned with their own lives to be racist.

• Advertisement

People who like the TV show The West Wing.

It seemed to be the show for smug upper middle class married types who would relax with a couple of bottles of wine in the evening and chortle at all the supposed witty repartée and continuous zingers in the show.Loved by the type of boring arseholes who are obsessed with American politics and say things like "could there be a chance Texas may turn blue this time round" .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Quite bizarre the coverage that got.

Pathetic of the British media/BBC to interview the parents, more of a diversionary tactic to focus light off their own inherently racist society and issues.

Interesting that you say she acknowledges there were Irish slaves, there is an attempt by British revisionists to claim there never were by the likes of Fergal Keane Officer of the British empire, the Irish Times, etc.

The the enslaved and colonised Africans collaborated with the British when the Irish were rebelling and to this day they have no problem being part of the British commonwealth.

Irish slaves never collaborated with British ascendancy (except for the ones in Dublin Castle and Tans 😉)

Being a rank hypocrite is the only quota she needs to fill.

Also, glad I never heard of her up to today.

Post edited by An Claidheamh on

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Photobox

That's very true, I used to watch it myself thinking that! Coincidentally Bradley Whitford plays that exact smug upper middle class type in Get Out that was being satirised in the film, the exact person you are describing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Angeleena

I forgot about him.

I would love for these people to move to another "white" country that didn't have any colonies and see just how far they would get with their constant criticisms of the natives. I don't think their media would give them the time of day and they would challenge them to back up what they claim.

Advertisement