Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've to get the bus into Taylor Swift later, dreading it already.

I actually bought Bose noise cancelling headphones this week specifically to drown out the Bus Dopes™️, but I'm not risking bringing them to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Why are they queuing since early morning (before security even arrive)? Some fooker on the radio said, in her American accent, that she got up at 4.30am to start queuing from 6am- some of us are up at that time to work. They have seemingly been making and trading friendship bracelets all morning too. Suppose if you literally have nothing else of any importance to be doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I was reading a comment on a Facebook page this morning which contained “phrases” such as should of, had of, they of, he of. I was getting a headache trying to make sense of it. Grammar these days is shockingly bad, mainly because of the use of text speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

But all the kids who attend, she takes away also right, like a cross between the Pied Piper and the Wicked Witch of the West???

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

If organiser does not acknowledge or apologise for this, then make your dissatisfaction known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Charlo30

I did. The response I got was that flexibility is sometimes required. I know where I'd love to shove their flexibility 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Somebody waves or says hello.

You respond the same to them.

You then relies.

It wasn't meant for you.

Aaaaaand there's someone watching an Indian/Pakistani soap opera at top volume on their phone 🙄🙄🙄

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Gunny how flexibility is monodirectional, these days...

We need to find a use for this word 'gunny', it has a ring to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hmmm. I fee your boint.

Goobers pretty much watching entire concerts through their phones. Just put the poxy things away and enjoy the show, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Home Show with a "how to decorate your home with themes from Taylor Swift's Eras"

Whole country losing its collective mind fawning over TS.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"But Taylor loves Ireland so much".

Because she says she feels so special here?

When she is in England, she loves England. When she is in France, she loves France. When she is in <insert random country>, she loves <random country>.

She, and all the other bands, just say what you wanna hear. They don't care any more for you over a fan on the other side of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I bet you say that to all the countries.

"I LOVE YOU (checks notes) IRELAND!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I often visit charity shops and there's one recurring thing that gets on my wick. Women, nearly always middle aged or older, going through the men's clothes. Why do they do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Probably, Id say a lot are also just blindly looking through all the clothes racks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I got one of my best bargain from going through the racks of womens cloths - I'm a man ;-)

Spotted some green wax cotton on the rack of womens coats. Took a look and found a brand new Barbour Stockman jacket in my size - €5!

If you don't look you won't find, but my guess is the men that those women are buying for haven't ever bought their own clothes.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

MAybe they like a bit of cross dressing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

In fairness to her, sounds like she put on an amazing concert for 3 1/2 hours, singer, songwriter, dancer, musician. And she's doing it again tonight and tomorrow night. Unreal.

I've started going back to concerts over a year ago, and maybe it's my excellent taste in music 😁, but they've all been brilliant concerts. Bands really shining live. Definitely don't like huge outdoor concerts as the weather is a risk, and you get a load of uninterested people at them. But it looks like it'll be dry for TS tonight, which will be a huge relief for anyone going.

My TA, is that even though I know 2 of her songs, the FOMO is strong. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭chicorytip

People who wear lanyard neck straps outside of their work environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Buying for fabric or colour with plans to feminise or cut down for a youngster. I see this in people newer to Ireland and still have old fashioned sewing skills.

*Something a lot of Irish people don't have now or anymore.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Do you know what I find waaaay worse? Nurses, healthcare workers, etc , wearing their uniforms/scrubs on public transport. That means they have no concept of hygiene or infection containment. Or, even worse, they don't give a toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Guilt tripping about ‘shopping local’. I do my best but I can see why some people just don’t bother. I went to 4 different hardware shops and motor factors in my town to find a small pack of rubber grommets. I only need 4 for a small job. Everywhere just sold big kits of 100 in various sizes.
    FFS. I ordered them off AliExpress in the end. Good thing I’m not in a rush.
    Wasted time and energy and fuel running around and possibly have 96 grommets sitting in my garage for the next 20 years before I throw them in the bin or get an envelope posted from China. How are those my 2 choices???

Post edited by hoodie6029 on

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People refilling the kettle with cold water while I'm standing in front of it intending to top up my cup once I take the bag out.

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAA me getting splashed with hot water wouldn't even cross their minds.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the amount of artists, actors, musicians and celebrities appearing in TV advertisements hawking whatever product or business…

Penelope Cruz doing the Emirates advertisement is one trivially annoying one…. She seems about as sincere and about as interested as a corpse. As an experienced actress you might think she might have the nouse / skills to try and convince you that it’s a terrific airline , experience and product… but… 🥱

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Watching a bit of Glastonbury on the BBC: whoever's mixing Kasabian for broadcast must have hit the Scrumpy pretty hard. Vocals cutting out, audience mics fading in and out, and of course the bass is lacking bass.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Reading an online dating profile and thinking you've found a great match. Then you relies your reading your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm sick of the rain, it was like monsoon season earlier in the week. 😤😡🤬

Advertisement