Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Unfortunately, it is a tactic well suited to the social media age. Whenever he stokes outrage, he replaces it with another. The MAGA loons clap their hands like seals while people forget that this even happened:

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭hometruths

I've only seen bits of the debate but he's clearly in better shape than his opponent.

You'll get no argument from me that Biden is clearly a better person in terms of decency and honesty than Trump, but claiming that he's clearly in better shape than Trump is the absurd height of delusion and denial that could possibly deliver another Trump presidency.

It's madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

that was the media, one of the many hoaxes, you posting that either says your tongue is in your cheek or you have been hypnotized by your news source, I have to lean to the second option because its more fun

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Biden should come straight out and address his frailty and mortality. He should emphasise the team he is bringing with him in his administration and what they represent and attack the Trump team and what they plan with project 2025 etc. He should talk on the level about the chances of him not making it to 2029 and emphasize that such an eventuality would not lead to chaos and that his team and administration are more than capable if anything happens to him. The real shocker from the debate is that the message beforehand was that everything was fine and then clearly that was not the case before our eyes. That what caused the jarring effect. If the democrats had been more upfront about Biden frailties beforehand then the impact of what we saw would have been much less.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Trump's has suggested that people injected bleach as a remedy for covid, forgotten how many world wars there were, confused Biden with Obama and was on about sharks last time I checked. Then there's:

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-sentence/

Most of this is from over half a decade ago as well. He's clearly gotten worse since then. I'll take the gaffe-prone guy with his heart in the right over this mess any day.

I know that this is not the Trump thread so I won't continue any further down the tangent. Feel free to disagree.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭hometruths

Correct it is the Biden thread, and in this thread you commented that based on the debate, Biden is clearly in better shape than Trump.

I think that's delusional. We can agree to disagree.

I take your point on Trumps many mad utterances eg bleach for covid. Which is exactly why I believe the only reason the presidential race is tight is because Biden is the candidate.

The Dems need to ask themselves why in name of hell are we behind in some polls vs a convicted felon etc etc, we should be out of sight.

Unfortunately as long as people are viewings Biden's debate performance and concluding he is still in better shape than Trump, the delusion is so high that the Dems will never work out exactly why they are not out of sight in this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BLFOTR

That piece just proves that Joe can't think for himself. Teleprompter's,good writers and speeches before dinner time aren't going to fool people anymore. He's been exposed now and if the democrats double down and back him it's going to be a disaster for us all. Biden needs replacing asap because right now there is too much at risk to continue as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭walshb

81 and 78 battling it out to be the leader of the “free world. “ what an American Sh1t show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

my take on the rolling back of the criticism - its got nothing to do with the upcoming election. its more to do with him currently being fit to be president. really the 25th amendment should be used to remove him from office right now (if he wont step down himself).

regarding the election, i think biden will step aside in 4-6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Nothing weird about the fact that Biden's administration supplied the huge bombs to kill innocents in Gaza. Nothing weird about that claim at all.

Doesn't take away anything from the fact that Biden has supplied the huge bombs to kill innocent children. '' Look over there'' won't bring those kids back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

No, but the 'can't hold a candle' to Putin part of that claim is absurd and weird.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I’d rather someone with cognitive decline that someone who flatlined years ago

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

If CFTrump gets reelected and the Gaza war is still ongoing, will that be better, or worse, than if a Democrat gets elected?

I can't see it being better at all. Netanyahu will feel free reign here. I think he's still scheduled to address Congress next week, too.

Maybe it is and maybe its not. Both have a lot of innocent blood on their hands.

Trump is a nutjob too. Even at that it is possible for the people of Gaza to be bombed any more than they are now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭lmao10

I'm not sure he'll step down. It would be an honourable move. It's a fairly easy election to win for the democrats IF he steps down I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Manc-Red_

No fan of Trump but my god that performance from Biden has played straight into his hands.

America now becoming a laughing stock with that shambles on CNN.

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Advertisement

As already said, one should be in jail and the other in a nursing home.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,361 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Yes.

He said Israel should "finish the job".

Lindsey Graham said that America should give Israel the bombs to do it.

Compare that to Biden calling Netanyahu a "bad **** guy". Biden dislikes him intently, whereas trump doesn't give two ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

It's fascinating (in the manner of a train wreck) how the incumbent and his predecessor have led to such chatter about the 25th amendment.

Besides calling Bibi 'a bad guy' he also armed him. Neither Biden or Trump are good guys.

America has *always* placated Israel.

You can say that neither are good guys, but surely you can see that one is advocating as much constraint as is feasible in his position, and has constructed a peace plan, whereas the other won't give two **** if Israel wipes Palestine off the face of the map.

Not to differentiate between these two is (and I mean this respectfully) lazy.

There are differences.

Look and you will see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, effectively they are two terrible candidates (for different reasons).

Biden is too old and frail to be seeking a second term. I've seen lots of fit and healthy 81 year olds who are as sharp as a button, but he is not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Both sides…

Condemning Netanyahu is better than nothing. It's certainly better than the rapist egging him on.

H. H. Asquith

But that's the problem.

This is, regrettably, the only choice - it is binary one.

And, at every sane level, Biden is the better of the two.

The last 4 years have been bliss compared to the utter chaos of the previous 4 years.

• Advertisement

Advertisement