Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Dazler97

My favourite weather day was Friday 26th November 2010 just after 10 pm I know because i had just watched I'm a celebrity get me out of here , we had thundersnow in rathfarnham (the whole of Dublin) got snow and thunder for a solid 10 hours was my best weather experience ever 😀 it was just lightning but the thunder was confined to the coast ,unfortunately I wasn't alive in July 85 but I've heard it was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was little in July 1985. And my parents were away that day and it was terrifying in the big old rattly house we lived in at the time. Still not keen on a thunderstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Nice evening in Dublin...even managed a bbq tonight...very calm. Looks like it was a nice evening for the concerts as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ya Summer 1995 is the go to Summer for me. 21 years old. Outside a lot that Summer and an August heatwave that never ended be it with sun or heat. I was always obsessed with weather though so even as a child remember 1983 and 1984 both getting hot spells in late Summer so when it didn't happen in late Summer 1985 and 1986 I was very disappointed as no swimming in the lake.

Used to look at the paper the Independent and Evening Herald for all the worldwide temperatures. Montreal 16(61F)c was one of the only cities I could find as cold as us in Summer. Madrid 28(82F)c was another common one. Then I later realised the Montreal temperature was midday reading so they were also in fact warmer than us.

Similarly 2010 is the go to Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Summer 1995 was amazing. Can just remember swimming in the Shannon day after day. It was warm from early morning to late in the evening it seemed. 16 years of age and not a care in the world.

The routine was to meet up with friends at the river each afternoon. In the evening we would then have training to go to and then back for another dip in the river. No phones obviously so it was total freedom. Tell the mother what time to expect me home and that was it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BusGuy

Europe is supposed to be slapped with S****y weather other the weekend, although parts of Poland to Russia won’t be affected, and Ireland is gonna experience really heavy winds. Opinions?

When is this supposed to happen here, its already been blustery yesterday, 2nd storm system has been named Beryl soon going to be a hurricane 🌀

No storm here this weekend just cool and some sunny spells and a slither of rain in the South. Cool Sunday again rain in the West later.

Can we just pretend it's Autumn and at least that way we won't be disappointed at 12c every day.

28 days gone. 24 cooler than normal. 2 warmer. 2 normal. IMT in Sligo 11.8c Rainfall 73.8mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It was actually a pleasant evening in the end, some sunny breaks and didn’t feel any chill until 8:30 and even then, I didn’t need to put my jumper on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain this morning 11C. How lucky we are.

• Advertisement

Actually might be 16c for both the weekend days in Sligo with most of showers by night today and by evening tomorrow so at least might get to go outside. Also rainfall stays under 100mm for the 2nd month even though its been freezing as its 74mm now and there's no way there will be 26mm from now until July 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

lovely summer bbq weather here in sunny Rathfarnham…….. oh wait no, it’s lashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Patience ye moaners! Plan your day around the fact that the lovely weather is coming later (from noon in Galway anyway, use the app).

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭appledrop

12 degrees here in NCD and raining, but at least it was forecast.

Looking forward to heatwave of 16 degrees tomorrow, bring it on😁

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Pouring rain in dublin all morning, flooded roads all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Rain, rain, go to drain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a miserable day here in Meath, first day of the school summer holidays and they are already indoors looking out at the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭alentejo

With all the events on this weekend including the pride march, the rain really puts a dampener on everything considering its been so dry in Dublin for the past month (not to mention cold)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rugbyf565

it feels like for the last 3 years that end of June and first of half of July are basically a write off for good weather. You get all your good weather in late may/ first half of June, and then some spells of sunshine in late July. Next year I’ll be saving for a 3 week sunshine holiday in the summer, 10 days isn’t enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭appledrop

Come on now we are not allowed be negative, think of the positives as the 8 year old said I can't give out to him for extra screentime as he can't go out in that weather.

Plus at least we don't need sunscreen, although no doubt someone will come along amd tell me we do even though its lashing rain, the last time I checked you don't get sunburned in your house or at a shopping centre🤔

• Advertisement

The hedges and bushes outside have taken over the garden. Like a rain forest. If only I had some Macaws. Maybe it won't be long ...

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Miserable day, although not cold 🥶.

Rain should clear in the next hour for most if not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Yes it's miserable in the Dublin/Kildare border area. And it looks to be clearing a lot more slowly than expected. Yesterday various forecasts had it clearing around lunch, now it looks closer to 5pm.My lawn really does need it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Has the rain gone further north. Taking an age to clear here in North Country Dublin. Flavours of Fingal badly hit by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Just starting to clear here Dublin North City .

My grass really needed a drop so not complaining although hope it isn't too bad for the rest of the week ...a number of outdoor concerts at Trinity booked and looking forward to them so please no more 🙏

I've Elbow on Monday. So 🤞🤞🤞and elbows crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭adocholiday

It had reduced to periods of light drizzle in the past hour or so in Wicklow but it's started coming down heavy again in the past 15 minutes. The garden was crying out for it though, there'll be a fair explosion of growth now after today. Actually cut my lawn yesterday for only the second time since the end of May.

In Dublin for the weekend and it's lashing here in rathfarnham , lovely and sunny back home in carrick on shannon, the is to pop out here in the east in about an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Shocker of a day continuous rain in city centre must be close to worst June on record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Must be one of the worst days of the year!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement