Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Under-20 2024 Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭supernova5

yea just discovered that a while ago, great stuff,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Shame Flynn is out, was really looking forward to seeing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Hey_Ho_Lets_Go_3

Flynn injured. Ward starts. Corrigan to bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭Shehal

View Italy like what exactly? Considering we only need 1 more try to win the whole 6N surely that would be enough for England to stay a little grounded…I mean we won 2 slams in a row yet you didnt see us going around saying we're the best in the world…and we had more reason to do so as if this England u20 side really is the best in the world then the game of rugby is in trouble…

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭conquestscarer

They were a much better team than us and deserved it tbh.

• Advertisement

Great start for Ireland, really good execution!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Thanks for the rugby pass recommendation

The table doesnt reflect that, couldn't beat Ireland in the home game and had a lower PD. Like I said earlier, dont be going around saying you are the best in the world when you won a 6N in the they did.

All that because we couldn't catch a simple kick…this Irish side is so frustrating to watch. Get off to a good start then make a silly mistake and get brutally punished for it.

We better switch on, this was part of the reason we almost lost the game at home.

EDIT - The other reason was falling off so many tackles which has again happened and now has put us in this position defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Murphy (8) did well to get back there. Saved a seven pointer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

lovely hands to get that ball away down the short side

And then he scores the equalising try!

I dont think its been a great performance WITHOUT the ball but WITH the ball I think we've been brilliant, keep it up and at least get parity in possession and I think Italy wont be able to live with us for 80 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭nerd69

There where people calling for sam prendergast to be in the wc squad. Grounded is strong i saw nothing wrong in that vid tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭nerd69

Coaching transition looks seamless so far anyway

Im not sure about going for the corner consistently here. Despite was @nerd69 said I actually do have respect for Italy and fear if we keep going for the corner and Italy keep repelling us it will lead to Italy gaining confidence and us doubting ourselves which in the end will give Italy a much better chance of victory.

To be fair to the players and coaches I actually think they are sound, I actually think England's players as a whole get a bad name, but whoever is doing the editing either needs to learn humility or really wants us to hate England.

Only 20 minutes gone in the other game but interestingly Georgia lead 5-3! The bookies only have Australia by 8 so they think it will be a close game.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,638 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Flying now

Very surprised Leinster passed on Berman, from what I've seen of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Berman has been impressive at 12.

• Advertisement

And we got the BP try in less than 30 minutes, something we failed to do in 80 minutes in the 6N which ultimately cost us the whole tournament, and with ball in hand I've been very impressed!

Finn Treacy is doing a very good Hugh Gavin impression, literally looks like a carbon copy of him ball in hand.

Oliver Coffey does need to get to the ruck quicker though, feel at least 2 Italy nearly turned us over from him getting too slowly to the ruck or not getting there at all. Just nit picking though.

And on another note the scrum is still terrible, Idk how you can have such a big pack yet be so poor at scrum time. Just how's size isnt always everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,638 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Brilliant bit of pace from Berman there

And another try for Ireland, Sam Berman is definetly putting his hand up for a starting spot going forward.

The attack just seems more fluid and quick than the 6N imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Our friend Scalabrin has been quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Blackheath

Tracy is direct when he gets his hands on the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Playing expansively in phases - very nice to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

i'm extremely happy berman was announced as part of the academy before this tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Edogbo in trouble here, be lucky to only be a yellow

Advertisement