Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭alentejo

Cclearance can't come soon enough in Dublin. Things to get done

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Honesty Policy

Lovely sunny day in Donegal. This kind of weather is a perfect summers day for me- warm, cloudy but can see the blue sky too. No rain on the horizon. I hate the heat with young children and the constant worry about their skin and suncream.

MET Eireann does not do justice to Donegal- we were forecast rain today- not a drop in sight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Still an absolute manky day here in Meath, everyone in their winter gear, heavy misty drizzle that really soaks you, plenty of puddles on the ground after a very wet night and water dripping everywhere.

Once again Ireland today takes the gold prize for Europe's coldest temperatures.

Iceland made it to 20C this evening so Ireland definitely the coldest country in Europe overall today

Post edited by Gonzo on

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Rugbyf565

todays the worst summer weather I ever remember

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭alentejo

Was it the third Saturday last July the worse summer day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭appledrop

There is no way today is worst summer day, last July it rained for something like 28 out of 31 days!

I'm fairness we haven't had many very wet days in June but it has been cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

that rain I said should clear in the next hour, nearly 4 hours ago should clear in the next hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭adocholiday

What was first forecast to be a few hours of light rain in South Wicklow has turned into quite a wet day overall with some prolonged periods of fairly heavy persistent rain. Still a bit to go too, I'd say it'll be another 2 hours or so before it clears this area.

Edit: was looking at an older radar image it might actually clear soon fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭pureza

The persistance and amount was very badly forecast

Not the first time

Well Over half an inch in Arklow today and still at it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Close, Friday the 14th was one of the worst summer days this century as I mentioned the other day, which is probably what you're thinking of though Saturday the 15th was also terrible but a bit less egregious. Saturday the 22nd was another absolute shocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

honestly sitting here in Greece and don’t know whether to laugh or cry at the absolute state of our weather and summer!

if you’re in Greece, laugh , and laugh so hard that the locals think you’re nuts

Be thankful you got there, all those people who should have been flying aer lingus today on their summer holidays were left at home looking out at the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Turning out to be a lovely evening in Dublin....another outdoor dinner beckons...4th of the week. The Swifties are getting blessed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,384 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Looking at forecast ..looks like it's cloudy but dry until (sunny Wednesday) Thursday then raining Friday so yes everything crossed 😜 Enjoy !

Sun coming out here just now .Lashed up til an hour ago after I posted it was clearing up so maybe I should just zip it and not jinx it 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Fully cleared up here now in the last half hour. Blue skies and sunshine now. Hopefully the ground dries up quickly before dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,384 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

St Swithin's Day round then iirc think 15th?

Used to say if a drop of rain fell that day you would get a further 6 weeks of rain !

Not very scientific I know , but suppose if it's wet at that stage of the summer it's likely to be a bad one anyhow and nothing to do with poor Swithin .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Amazing turnaround....have the coals burning as we speak....not expecting this type of an evening

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Finally sunny after the muck of earlier. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Sun is finally out in rathfarnham nice evening all the same

• Advertisement

Nice one hope ya have a good holiday Greece would be to hot for me as they get 30c to 35c and sometimes even 40c , a good move to go abroad and I hope other people on this have holidays booked

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭fits

god help everyone at kaleidoscope

Watching the Germany V Denmark game and its suspended due to heavy rain and thunderstorms, was 34 minutes into the 1st half and still have 11 minutes left and the 2nd half to go ,been halted 18 minutes now

Beryl is officially a hurricane 🌀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭pureza

Nice foogy dew developing after todays heavy rain here in Arklow

Very Sherlock Holmes

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It was a beauty of an evening in Galway. Was watching a game in Terry land and even had to take off my jumper and this is coming from someone who just returned from the 45 degree heat of the middle East!

Cold, damp start to the morning. 6 degrees but feels cooler than that.

Should be a better day than yesterday.

N,Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭OldRio

Light drizzle. 9C. Overcast.

My cup runneth over with the joy of Summer weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭highdef

"Beauty of an evening" and "had to take off my jumper" don't pair up well when describing discussing late June. The requirement to wear a jumper to keep warm at this time of year is an unpleasant thought.

• Advertisement

Drizzly rain and 13 degrees, another beautiful summers day in NCD.

Advertisement