Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Under-20 2024 Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Shehal

Berman could win MOTM at this point, been absolutely electric!

Also Italy got a yellow from the maul!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,633 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Should be a costly yellow for Italy hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭johnh6767

berman is MOTM now top class performance and has the strength & speed to reak havoc

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Happyhouse22

That should be that.. might switch to the other game, looks like Georgia still ahead.

• Advertisement

Another try and this time its Treacy which I think he deserves as I think he had a great performance in the 1H.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭johnh6767

Evan O’Connell top performance, great leader

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Rugbypass TV stream just won't load. I don't think I've ever got that site to work.

One thing we need to work on is defence & discipline in the 22, pretty much every attack Italy they've force a penalty and now we've had someone binned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Why did the Italian player cut inside there? He was under the sticks if he kept going, or just gave the pass.

• Advertisement

Good scrum pressure against the head there tbf, contributed to them screwing up their attack.

Another incredibly cheap penalty in defence, this is really something that needs to be looked at for future games, relieving any pressure Italy have with the ball and gives them licence to take more risks with the ball in hand.

The new front row has really helped, got a penalty against the head there.

Wow that was lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Gavin has looked a cut above off the bench.

That's a very beautiful try there, incredible hands! 52-15 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Hopefully Berman's injury isn't too serious. Him and Gavin would be a serious centre partnership - push Treacy to the wing for Colbert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Galvin looks like a senior player out there. No doubt we’ll see him for Connacht very soon.

Going forward the dicipline seriously needs to be looked at, considering how dominant Ireland have been their discipline has been shocking, if this was a more even game we'd be punished for it.

• EDIT - stats show it, Ireland have conceded 1 more penalty, despite being over 40 points up.

• Advertisement

Great scrum there, nearly drove Italy back on their own ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

That was a pretty good performance. If that was a rotated team, lots of guys put their hand up to be involved next time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Blackheath

Ireland’s attack looks very clinical.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Thought all three centres who got on looked very good. The ball popped out the back to Murphy and his decision to go wide probably helped, as it created doglegs for them to exploit.

Ben O’Connor stills looks a little raw to me, but is obviously a serious athlete and prospect (in a way he reminds me a little of how Israel Folau used to play). On the other hand, McLaughlin looks to be a very good footballer…seems to have improved since the 6N and reminds me a bit of Mack Hansen with the way he comes in off his wing and has great hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Thought Spicer has improved massively since 6 nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Edogbóg very involved from the moments I caught.

Yeah, I'd like to see him be a bit more dominant in contact next season but his work rate and skills are very impressive.

I thought he was excellent, obviously he's a weapon in attack but also tackles and counter rucks with real viciousness, that reminds me of Joe McCarthy. Obviously Munster are stacked in the back row but I hope they find a way to get him involved asap as he's an elite athlete with great work rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

The backs gave an exhibition, the passing and handling in general was very good.

The major worry was the scrum.

Overall this seems to be a very talented age group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah that was my take as well. Freak athlete + workrate is the winning formula, and we've always known he had the former. Great to see him tonight do things like rush up to make a tackle, hustle back to he onside for the next phase, etc. He "looked busy", basically, it was great.

Advertisement