Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

…oh it was bad, very very bad, id trump has this one unless the dems pull a miracle out of the bag…..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

A profound mental impairment - a tad over-emotive label to use on the sitting US president?

It seems to me, on looking back over the behaviour of both the 45th and 46th presidents, both in and out of that office, the present one seems to have behaved in a more adult way in performing the jobs he was tasked with.

In any case, the decision has not been made yet by the electorate at large on whether they prefer the 45th over the 46th in the upcoming election. The polls are not a guarantee on the outcome, just people looking at graphs and making guesstimates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

His upcoming sentencing day will be VERY unpredictable.

I still think Merchan will want to imprison him due to his behaviour in and towards the court, but if he'll be allowed* imprison the favourite for the presidency is another thing altogether. I can't see it happening after that sh*tshow of a debate.

*If you believe he is allowed to be independent on this, I have a bridge to sell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,782 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No. He is no longer able for the job. When you can't talk coherently without autocue or answer questions because of the depth of cognitive decline that's a profound mental impairment.

He is probably not able to drive safely, live independently. If he was someone's parent, it would be time to look at putting him in a nursing home.

Comparing him to anyone else does not change that. If Trump never existed it still wouldn't change that Biden is no longer in full faculty.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,559 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It's measure of what we're dealing with here that reading your post, it wasn't clear until the last sentence were you talking about Trump or Biden.

Neither should be there, both are, Biden is still more capable for the role, and more effective in doing it.

I think people are flat out ignoring the reality of what Trump is and was just because Biden is no longer as sharp as he'd like to be.

• Advertisement

One snag with this is that its only pertinent to the Biden V Trump re-election race, and not Biden V anyone else. Trump has had recent issues with the device feeding him his lines as well. making it appear he has speech-reading problems.

Your second Para may be taking a leap in the dark; making presuppositions about Bidens mental capacity. Are you suggesting that Biden should be sidelined via the clause in the constitution allowing for the promotion of the V/P into the job?

Trump isn't great but Biden is bad for his age and is far gone. Trump is largely the same as he was 4 years ago, for good or ill, Joe is a shadow of himself, in reality Joe Biden, the person is disappearing but the body is still carrying on.

Not everything in life is a comparison. Joe's mind is gone and that's all there is, who he is running against or for, nothing changes that. In 2 years he won't know his wife or child.

That's one of the hardest things about these conditions.

Biden certainly hasn't the mental capacity to do the job and more importantly, unlike Reagan, isn't at an early stage where it can be covered up or bluffed through.

I'm saying he is not fit for the job and is not far off round the clock supervision.

So you clearly believe he's not mentally fit to continue as the serving 46th president. Presumably, therefor, you must conclude he is a liability to the US as it's president; somewhat of a clear and present danger requiring both political parties to step forward and remove him from office as required by the constitution.

Trump and the GOP don't seem to have come to the same conclusion about the risk you see Biden is to the US, let alone the Democrats, as they are not making moves to have Biden step aside under the constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,559 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Joe's mind is gone and that's all there is

I disagree. I do think his sharpness in terms of responding quick on the fly is less than what it was.

But his mind still seems more than up to doing the job, it's the communication that is his issue.

But the communication demand is something that while important, could be completed in a format that isn't as 'aggressive' as debates are. Not saying debates shouldn't happen, just that they in themselves are not a determining factor in ones ability to perform as a President.

• Advertisement

He no longer does interviews.bar the rare ones with autocued answers. His interactions with the public and media have fallen off a cliff in the last year. Understandably so given the state of his deterioration.

The debate format he had was as low key and relaxed as any debate ever will be.

Other mic off, long break in the middle etc.

Saying Joe is senile and a danger to himself in general day to day life doesn't mean you love Trump.

It's just pointing how that Joe is senile.

No one who wants Trump to win will want Joe to be replaced.

Anyone know about Ohio? That the names have to be in In 2 weeks time? So talk of a possibility of the Dems missing the Ohio deadline if they change horse mid stream

Why would Trump or the GOP want Biden gone?

It's going to be very easy for Trump and Biden may deliver a congressional majority for the Republicans as well.

Joe is just a figure head at this stage, same as Reagan was in the last few months but it seems that Joe's decline is much more advanced than Reagan in office.

I hope Biden remains as the candidate and in office.

Who, in their right head, would leave a senile adult in charge in the Oval Office with all the duties and responsibilities that go with the job? The mind boggles.

Your proposition that Joe should stay in the job and as the Dem-candidate does not compute, except that you may be a fan of the other contender.

Joe isn't in charge at this stage. He isn't in charge of his own life. What can he do in the next few months?

Senility develops over years, his doctors would have been aware as such probably in 2020 that it was starting to develop.

Such is life .

In an ideal world Trump would have had a heart attack last year and the batton passed on. A fatal one for all I care.

I'm not fan of the mess that the Democrats have become and i certainly want them out .

Given your position on Biden, So do you.

The only question in the Democrat party now is whether it is possible to get Joe out.

I can't think of any candidate in any election that imploded so profoundly and so visibly.

Bobby Kennedy had a worse run up to being declared Democrat Presidential candidate, just.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I still think Bernie Sanders would make a sharper and better president than either of them. And let's not forget, Jimmy Carter could still technically run for a second term.

Your second proposition would have been manna from heaven for Trump all those 4 years ago when he originally disputed who actually won the presidency; the GOP could have had a field day in court "Chief Justice, it was the doctors, they hid the truth, even when you were swearing Joe into office".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Bernie is so Anti-Israel right now, he'd never stand a chance.

It wouldn't have mattered and i don't blame Joe for driving on.

Do you honestly believe that Biden is not profoundly compromised, he is manna from heaven now for the Republicans.

It's also looking like he is going to fight to remain the candidate, which is nothing short of incredible.

You're not wrong, AIPAC would not like that at all.

Ref your question, Compromised: NO. I think that Joe, along with having the strain of the tasks and duties of the presidency to perform and make decisions on - "the buck stops here" - also has the cares of a father for a son facing trial for unlawful possession of firearms charges and drug use on his shoulders. Like Trump, he's not a quitter.

There is a difference in their character and that is that I see in Biden the character I've outlined above, some-one with acumen I'd imagine I could buy a car from with a degree of faith in the warranty and life of the car. I've have absolutely no such faith in the business attitude of Trump. I'd expect him to try sell me a ten year old model of a Fiat Uno when I'd expressed an interest in a 6-month old Mercedes and laid the cash out on the counter-top to buy the Mercedes.

Biden has been around the US political scene with a known way amongst his compatriots in both parties over the years on the craft of political deal-making.

Trump is the complete opposite, brash, cold and totally demanding of loyalty from anyone he meets in the US. I see him as a malign influence on the US. Every other political or official person who've had the duty of dealing with Trump since 2014 has been labelled by Trump as crooked or disloyal or both publicly and privately. He probably has the honour of having fired more senior federal administration officers than any other US President in his 4 years in the job. That tallies in with his boasting that he's done more than any other president much better and more often: MAGA.

The question remaining for the US voters in the presidential-race in Nov is: which candidate would you trust enough to buy into what he's saying?

• Advertisement

That Joe, if he ever existed in such glowing terms, isn't running though, the Joe of 2016 is gone, dead.

Half of dem registered voters think he should step down .

Re Joe's death, really - Has no one told him?

Coincidentally, more than half of Democrat registered voters think Trump should step down as well.

If they told him, the shock would finish him.

Look my position is that Biden is at risk of being on stage and just staring at the camera for minutes at a time before walking off, you have more faith in his mental capacity and view the last day as a low rather than a current high.

we have an insurmountable chasm between us.

We will know more soon enough.

If they stick with him Kamala will have to go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Trump destroys Biden, this is 2016 all over again and the big orange rapist felon will be back in the white house. Dems only have themselves to blame. Biden was terrible. It's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its a rate of decay issue, some people think its a 1% a year thing but is more like an ok ok ok, fall of a cliff situation

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

It's obvious, now that CNN has [presumably] done an autopsy on it's running of the first debate, that tall high-backed chairs should be a MUST for the two elderly men concerned, if the other debates are to go ahead. I don't know if tele-prompters will be allowed back so that the debaters can keep to their own scripts and still be challenged by the O/P when his turn comes.

I'd be surprised if there is no fallback position for CNN to cover the next two debates. The secret to success is already there as CNN have preventive measures [time slots and cut-off switches] in place to stop unscheduled interruptions by either side.

If Trump is wise he won't enter another debate and allow Biden to improve on his performance. He can milk that one debate right up until Nov 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Been saying that since the debate day. Plus he's got tonnes of fodder for commercials, too.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Agreed - He has nothing to gain by not debating Biden again and nothing to lose either , his supporters aren't going to worry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Rudy Giuliani officially disbarred in New York for Trump election interference efforts

The New York Supreme Court announced the decision on Tuesday prohibiting Giuliani from practising law, effective immediately. Giuliani previously was suspended from being able to practice law while the New York court considered attorney discipline proceedings against him.

Another one getting their benefits from supporting Trump to the end from CNN.

Advertisement