Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Xander10

The commentator gets very exited at Galway scores

Should have played that short to someone in a better position

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭JRant

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Shocking from La Hiff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭MFPM

Shocking 2nd half by Dublin. All over the pitch. It's been coming I feel, the signs were there against Louth, Roscommon and Mayo. A season too far for McCarthy, Cluxton and Fitzsimons. McCaffrey hasn't really reached the heights this year and O'Callaghan has faded badly since the league. T

• Advertisement

Panicked and just booted the ball. Con was clearly pushed as he was shooting that last one that went wide but they only get given at the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Mod Edit

Warning issued,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

We're all disappointed but give over the keyboard warrior crap.

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Better team won ,we can have no complaints ,signs have been there for awhile .Was a bit concerned with the The three lads starting ,we had nothing on the bench and it showed when the inevitable changes late on .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭corny

Hard to do back to back. Galway wanted it more. A bit disappointed we gave them a lot in the central shooting area. Really poor. The lack of composure was uncharacteristic too. That said the lads who've come to the end owe us nothing. James McCarthy cut a forlorn figure at the end. No fairytale ending but a mighty innings.

Hurson was Hurson. It's a free depending on the situation and the jersey you're wearing.

Good luck Galway. Hope they win it.

Well done to Galway. They were the better team in the second half and deserved the win. I'd love to see th go on to win it now.

Hindsight, but maybe Dessie should have started with original named lined up and kept the likes of mc Caffrey to spring from the bench in the second half.

They looked a jaded old team that second half

Losing the two defenders cost us this year we ended up having to put make shift players into positions there not meant for. Relying on players that are squad members at best to start and finish games. Where **** was McGinnis? Or O Gara ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

Really came home to roost how we haven't been able to bring through a few players so ended up with lads nowhere near good enough in matches like today when something was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Well done Galway. Delighted. Louth in championship longer than Dublin.

The Wests Awake.

Exactly. The decent players who where coming through either were not given time or where injured. We where shown up massively. That game was there to be won. Very comfortable going into the half.

The only saving grace for me is I think we would have lost next day out particularly if we played Kerry .

Looks like a clear push in the back to me. Never going to get it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

There was plenty of moments that went against us in this game. I was **** screaming it don't know how many times that they got things in the game we never would of. But when u look at second half we just weren't good enough. We should won but the lads we had going into the last 15 mins weren't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I thought a lot of the 50/50 calls went Galway’s way in the last 10 minutes. This reminded me a little of the Mayo Semi final in 2021. Defeat seemed to come out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Can't remember the last time ye scored four points in a second half of a high stakes match that ye were winning at HT?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Trampas

Very poor in the second half and some of it was shocking. They’ve no complaints. Should have kept Jack and James for second half. I think that’s the end of James, Mick and Stephen.

I thought some of the decisions by the ref were strange. I thought he stopped play I think it was comer went down injured as it went on for a few seconds. He didn’t seem to call a free. Same with the free Costello missed and got taken off. He was waving his arms like no free and then gave it. He seemed all place at times. Con took a shot and blocked and out for a 45 nearer to corner and seemed originally given a wide but right call made

• Registered Users Posts: 18,629 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Good point re bench. Plus it was pointed out to me that Galway shut down Fenton.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭eggy81

If that’s a push there would be 100 frees a game

Beating us in CP and the Saw Doctors belting out the hits in Fairview Park. Gonna be some night for the Tribesmen.

He was giving them up the other end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

watching that back, disappointing on two levels….

1. A fair challenge for the ball from Bugler that resulted in a free being awarded to Galway. Never a foul, or push , soft as fúck. Galway lad leans into Bugler chooses to go to ground on feeling contact through being fairly challenged for the ball. It’s a contact sport.
    2. when he goes to ground the Dublin player again attempting to dispossess, fairly but Galway lad grabs his head indicating he’d been struck at worst or at best some inadvertent contact with his head. There was none, neither scenario,

Some call it gamesmanship, to me it’s just cheating.

It’s not like Hurson doesn’t have form for significant controversy….

^ leaning into Bugler and falling over…. There is no push, no dragging yet the self propelled momentum is to the floor… Hurson falls for it, gladly without hesitation awards the free.

Advertisement