Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭foggyflies

The panel will run until late October or so i've been told. Seems they are indeed moving through it.

If you are promoted to AO from EO or another grade etc the policy is that you jump an extra point on the payscale as a rule.

Plenty of people do pass the presentation, in years past you were given a couple print outs of info you had to read and then verbally discuss them all 45 mins later on in front of a board and then interview that same day. Now you have the chance to prep something you know a fair bit about already.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sartre

Does anyone have the booklet for this competition? I always forget to save them.

Also for anyone who has been interviewed recently, are they using the new competency framework?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzgig Fozzywig

Hi dublin_Horse. I interviewed in November and got my assignment shortly after Christmas. Been in the job a few months now. I love it. I'm in the Justice Sector. My previous experience and study topic have been useful. There are expressions of interest opportunities going around regularly. My colleagues are delightful and I'm in a particularly nice part of town. It's actually sickening how happy this move has made me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzgig Fozzywig

And to answer your questions…I have worked remotely 3 days a week since my second week. The handover was excellent. I've been to some onsite training and online. Mainly it's on the job. And also just being patient, reading as much as I can. I

• Registered Users Posts: 12 okbreakfast

When they ask you for proof of education, is that considered part of the clearance process, or just some preliminary steps? I'm starting a new job in the private sector on Monday and trying to gauge the timeline from here onwards. I'm 10-15 on the OOM (batch 5).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vatsie76

Part of clearance. You must have received the email from clearance mailbox..right ? So at this stage, they ask for all the required documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭countyireland12345

No this is just a verification check to ensure the candidate meets the requirements (a degree) before they start clearance. It could be another month before you are called for clearance, another month before you are assigned and even another month before you get a start date if HR and your manager are on leave, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vatsie76

I guess it differs from comp to comp then. I recently had clearance and got one email from clearance mailbox asking for proof of qualifications/ citizenship status/ grade vetting form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bbf1234

Does anyone have any ideas for the presentation!? I know I can’t be spoon fed answers but I’m at a loss on what to do for it! If anyone even had a broad idea on what to do I would really appreciate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭skidmarkoner

What was the brief they supplied?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bbf1234

hi the brief was to pick any issue facing the Irish government or civil service and propose a solution/approach based on my area of expertise (for reference I have a law degree completed)! Thank you

Like anything that broad I allways say to follow your interests, you have a law degree but that is so broad. What interests you about law? Do you particularly like family law say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 arsenalfan2024

Hi guys,

I just received an email from clearance saying that I am being considered for a position. It states that if they receive no correspondence I will not be considered further on the panel. I am just wondering, if I can’t start a job for a couple of months, will this be an issue? Is there an opportunity to defer the start date? I am on a fixed term contract at the moment that I need to fulfil. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am pulling my hair out!! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 arsenalfan2024

I need to work until the end of August, do you think this would be a realistic timeframe?

Yes by the time clearance comes through it'll be easy September by starting dates,things move really slow in PAS world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'm willing to bet there are many people in your position, so reply by email tomorrow and explain your circumstances. I

• Registered Users Posts: 12 VANS_95

does anyone know what OMM they have called so far ?

Last I heard upto 450 or so

I feel like it’s going pretty fast now! I had my interview two weeks ago and already submitted everything for clearance. I haven’t lived abroad in the last five years, so hopefully, garda vetting won’t take too long *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Davio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 M1ntyPyth0n

Is it correct that this panel runs out in October? Would you then expect a new panel to issue this side of Christmas or would it be sometime early next year?

I missed the opportunity to go for this due to illness last time, got my EO role though. The AOs seem to be doing way more interesting stuff in my sections so it'd be nice to go towards that if I could.

early teens after the interview. I’ve been provisionally allocated a department now as well, not sure what that means though

Not sure about the next AO but the third secretary comp goes live later this week. From what I understand it’s the same requirements/responsibilities but even more money, so definitely worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Yes but tbf the work abroad is not for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sinradler

It's the same money; you only get extra money while you're on a posting abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dannyc31

actually they are up to OOM 439 currently. my partner is in the low early 500's, so we are thinking she might get called around September/October if it goes that far.

Does anyone know how much notice they give you in advance of being called for interview/presentation?

also does anyone know what are the batch sizes of people they call in each phase?

Had interview there this week looking forward to hearing about it! Come what may.

It said they are on batch 6 now apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dannyc31

hey congrats hope it went well for you. can i ask what was your OOM?

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone here been placed in the Department of Justice? How long did it take the special security clearance to come through? I read somewhere else that it might take up to two months! Can anyone confirm or deny this estimation?

Also, how strict are they about getting a reference from a direct line manager? What if I don't have one at the moment? Will they accept one from HR? It's a big company undergoing massive expansion, and I've only been there a few weeks. I’m expecting to meet my line manager in the next 2-3 weeks, as they are also a new hire and still undergoing training.

• Advertisement

Advertisement