Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weber BBQ deal in Woodies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,694 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Had a look today - still plenty in stock in ny local woodies - I have a Weber 210 (two burner) that I’ve had for about 8 years now - it’s been great but I don’t really use it anymore- it has the cast iron grate and I replaced the gas extension connection a few years ago - falvouriser bars need to be changed (they always rust) - bit of rust at bottom of stand but that’s it and stand different material to the main BBQ area - working perfectly - I’d sell it for 50 quid and buy this for the net 104 - but I’d doubt I’ll even get any interest if I put it in donedeal or adverts - the offer from woodies and Weber are the best you’re likely to get

The 2000 cooking area is actually quite good - the lid and stand are flimsy enough but for 104 squid it’s well worth it .

I explored it years ago - only gripe would be that food likely to fall directly onto the burners themselves -that and the price at the time put me off but if deciding today I’d go with the 2000 due to the smaller size footprint area - it’s very neat

Post edited by Oscar_Madison on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I picked one of these up today, and did a few sausages for lunch.

we had decided years ago not to get a BBQ in this house, but I left this was too good a deal to pass up.

I'm very happy with it. it's compact enough when the stand is off and the sides are folded in. The legs go underneath it then. cleanup seems quite straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭razorronan

Hi All. I bought my Weber from Woodies via click and collect. I didn't receive a physical receipt, I was told that my email order confirmation is my receipt. I uploaded the first email I received from Woodies as my receipt (as a pdf) on Webers cash back page. I received an email back from weber saying.

1. The document uploaded to the operation's site WEBER STEPHEN does not correspond to a purchase invoice or a receipt of a product WEBER STEPHEN.

Not sure what the Stephen is referring too. Did anyone else receive an email similar to this. What have people been using as their receipt.

Screenshot of email I used (minus the order confirmation order for boards post) :

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

I've received an email stating

"We did not receive the purchase invoice or receipt of a product WEBER STEPHEN eligible to the offer."

I've uploaded the same pdf as yourself but haven't heard anything back yet. I asked for a paper receipt when I collected it but they said that they don't give one.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

I had uploaded a screenshot of my email and also received the above email. I have forwarded on my email now that says order collected so we shall see. Ialot of people seem to have done click and collect orders so I imagine they will have to accept them, it's probably just teething problems in the first couple of days of the scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ShadowSA

It's an awesome deal (I got mine last year on the same deal), even without the Weber cash back. Far better quality than the other bbq's and it takes minutes to assemble. My weber sits outside year round. You will find the burner often get's clogged, use a toothpick and unclog every hole and it should work again, avoid using bbq sauce as this contributes to the issue.

I have mine setup against a fence with it tied to the fence and bottle. I live in a windy area and it has been fine.

I just got the cast iron griddle so I can make eggs and bacon on it as well. Got a spare gas bottle as I didn't fancy it running out if we had guests over.

Most bigger service stations will have the patio gas (grey) canistors, return your empty and you essentially just pay for the gas but you take another canister, they will keep your one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Ryath

Is it the official weber griddle or a third party one? Was looking at a few options last night.

How have you not peeled the label of the fold out table!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I bought a Weber a few weeks ago, my first ever BBQ and the regulator doesn't fit the yellow gas cylinder I have, reading a few threads here it sounds normal.

I've to go and get a grey patio gas cylinder instead would that be correct?

One from Amazon. Was 30 euro or so.

Haha and I would normally be the first to peel off labels.

• Advertisement

Just take your current one and any gas station might swap it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭sundodger5

On my old BBQ i used to swop the regulator over and use the yellow bottle, not ideal though.

Invested in the grey bottle when i picked this up. They do a 6kg bottle so about half the size of your yellow bottle. Better portability and will probably last years for us. Unless the weather picks up…

Thanks.

A friend gave me the yellow bottle he doesn't have any need any more so it's full. I suppose I'll just give it to a retailer and buy a grey bottle, I'd prefer not to be messing with regulators.

At first I thought it was a UK/Ireland difference in standards because I bought in B&Q but learnt a bit here today!

My first bbq will have to wait until next week so

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ben36

cheers op,bought mine yesterday and applied for cashback last night and there’s an update this evening saying reimbursement accepted,bank transfer pending,very efficient

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shellfishfcuker

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭wassie

If you want to use the existing red regulator, then yes you need to get a grey bottle.

The grey bottle is termed 'Patio Gas', but is essentially Propone or Bio-gas (which is essentially propane). The yellow bottle is Butane and would typically be used for indoor cooking.

You could potentially get a different regulator to fit your butane bottle (assuming its an 11kg) bottle such as the one from calorgas shop. The Weber Q2000 is only rated to 3.52kW, so the regulator below should work, assuming the hose size matches. If you contact Calor support they should be able to confirm this.

Pro's and cons to each - Propane has a lower boiling point than butane, meaning butane struggles to convert to gas at very low temperatures (i.e. low single digits), whereas propane has no such issues at low temps. Only useful really if you want to cook in the middle of winter in near freezing conditions.

But butane does has higher energy density, so burns slightly hotter than propane, which can be useful on a BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shellfishfcuker

I emailed woodies hq today with this very problem and requested a proper invoice. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the heads up - I use a griddle a lot when BBQing!

If collecting from Woodies, the disposable drip trays are on special also.

Thanks, I'll sacrifice the bottle I have in favour of the patio gas and leave the regulator as is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

Picked one up today in Limerick. Plenty of stock left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭bromley52

Did you get a reply from them after sending on the pic of the barcode?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭razorronan

Hi ben36. Just wondering what you used as proof of receipt. I'm having an issue using my email confirmation from Woodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭rex_turner

Yes, just got an email this morning to say my "participation has been completed and validated."

The chancers have started placing ads for new Weber Q2000 BBQs on Donedeal & Adverts in the last day…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭ALS

I sent in a photo of my click n collect invoice from woodies and got the thumbs up from Weber this morning so it’s not an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭bromley52

This is getting ridiculous. I cut out the barcode label as requested and now they are saying I need to prove it came from the bbq i purchased.

Did anyone else have to do this?

Send them a photo of the sticker on the side of the weber with the serial no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Had ordered for delivery and it's coming tomorrow. Would be interested to see if anyone hears about what to submit without physical receipt available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ACAandCTA

I used the order collected email, Weber rejected it and gave me 8 days to revert.

On the Woodies email, I clicked the 'contact us' link at the bottom and filled out a message form explaining the need for an invoice. Fair play to woodies, came back within a couple of hours by email with a 'Tax Invoice' attached.

Advertisement