Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Toranaga

Yeah how dare they play quarter final GAA matches in the main GAA stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

You didn’t even need to buy it though, I got the code and didn’t buy anything from her store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭bren2001

But if you did, you did get a code and got given two opportunities to buy tickets. Thats prioritising fans. Verified fans in general priortises fans over bots and scalpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Ok. So you want all emails that do not have exsiting TM accounts scrubbed. Ok, yeah maybe you have a point.

• Right but each ticketmaster account has an address in it so obviously
      Sean O Neill from XYZ in Dublin is different to Sean O Neill from ABC
      Donegal

If people are already willing to game the system. Sean will just create multiple accounts with variations of their address. Dun na Mgal, Dun N1 mGa1, etc

• Can’t really answer any of that, although you’re really just being pedantic with most of it.

I am not being pedantic. You are saying that it should be fixed, and geo locked. I am just pointing out some issue that might arise if you do that.

• Please point to me to where TM said how people were assigned a code?

How would I know that. Is this one of the things you would like to be more transparent?

You just want them to say how many people they assigned a code.

Do you think they assigned to many or to few.

Are their other things you would like them to be transparent about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

And also. I bought tickets to her last show in Dublin for a family member (in addition to the dozens of other ticket purchases every year) and didn't get a code. My wife who had two ticket purchases in the last ten years got a code.

It had nothing to do with bots. And in any event, providing a name and email address does not do anything for bot detection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Saw her in Croke Park for free a few years back. The night that's in it I'm watching the current tour on streaming and it's far superior.

Show visually reminds me of the massive Stones gigs of old. This really should have been at Slane Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭micks_address

I do think with all the concerst and pride on this weekend in Dublin it might have taken a bit of pressure off to have them outside Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Been going longer, a lot more demand for Taylor Swift than Coldplay tickets

If it is webtraffic only (which you're arguing), the first thing you target is bots….

No matter which way you spin it, its about removing bots. Then its about capping people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

She seriously won’t. She won’t be doing another greatest hits tour like this. She will probably disappear completely for a few years. Then when she does come back it will be another new invention and style. Personally I hope she does an album that is the synth-80/90s pop vibe.

• Advertisement

I am not arguing that its unfair.

I am trying to make the point that what ever way you decide to allocate codes. Some people will feel left out and unhappy.

Would you feel a little less p'd off if the criteria to get an access code is five gigs in the last 12 months. But you only went to four in the last 12 months. But had been to seven in the last 13.

At least with a random allocation gives everyone the same chance.

How can you remove a bot with two data points... You can't.

It's about capping people. After they saw what happened with demand in the US that crashed their site.

I never once suggested geo locking it, you pulled that out of nowhere based on what you thought I meant, I said people should have been prioritised but as I have no idea on any of the statistics of who registered I can’t comment on who of the things you mentioned.

Why were people who have a history of gigs in whatever country, even been to see Ms Swift before, barred from even attempting to get tickets? It’s an awful way of selling tickets.

TM have more than two data points when you visit their site. They've hundreds if not thousands.

I agree there is no perfect system. Random allocation doesn't give everyone the same chance though. It only works if you can (somehow) accurately tie one request for a code to one potential attendee.

If I sign up with 100 email addresses and you sign up with 1, we do not have an equal chance. It's a system ripe for abuse. At least something tangible like ticket purchase history can't be faked.

Is Aviva stadium the worst venue the Eras tour has been?? I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Was the gig any good as it just seems to be full of people squabbling about tickets and Americans?

No I didn't pull it out of anywhere.

From post 2440

"People who live in Ireland should have been prioritised. "

The easiest and simplist way prioritize people in Ireland is to geo lock it. I am sorry if I misunderstood what you were tryiong to say. How would you go about prioritising people in Ireland without geo locking it.

"Why were people who have a history of gigs in whatever country, even been to see Ms Swift before, barred from even attempting to get tickets?"

How were they barred. It is a random allocation. Where people who had bought tickets before barred.

I get that you are pissed off about not getting tickets, and I hope you get them next time she plays.

But you have yet to demonstrate a better allocation system then random allocation.

Murrayfield and Anfield looked better. Obviously Wembley and Madrid is better. Paris indoor arena looked great in not sure about capacity it looked big enough. US was mostly indoors modern stadiums and were awesome, apart from Nashville but that looked great with the thunderstorms. MetLife was outdoors and raining but still far better than Aviva. MCG looked spectacular, and Sydney but smaller but great. Singapore they had an indoor arena it looked pretty good. Aviva has definitely been the worst venue so far.

• Advertisement

Paris indoor arena looked great in not sure about capacity it looked big enough

40k I believe.

Croke Park is a much worse stadium than the Aviva. Its just bigger. The Aviva is a really nice stadium in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Utterly phenomenal, I'm not going to say it's the best gig I've ever been too, and if I'm honest I might have slightly preferred the 1989 tour, but an absolute tour de force from the undisputed biggest star in the world right now, everyone involved in the scale of it needs a month's paid vacation on a beach.

Venue was perfect as well, stage seemed to fit perfectly and wasn't too big or small, plenty of facilities, food and drink options (in number if not choice) getting in and out was a doddle as well. Croker is an absolutely terrible venue.

I get your point. There are ways to exclude people signing up with multiple email addresses using meta data.

But I think if tickets had been allocted based on ticket purchase history. You would have just as many people complaining about that. Unfortunalty there is just to much demand.

Well a few of the stadiums to come are awful (e.g. San Siro) so if you think it was the worst, worse is to come. I don't think there was anything wrong with the Aviva, modern, handy to get to, decent access, good seats, facilities very good, stage layout was perfect for the size of the venue. Biggest issue was that it was so bright but that wasn't the stadiums fault. I much prefer it to Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭marilynrr

@Jaffa3000

I thought the need for a code and excluding all others was unfair, but really not sure why you think that people with a history of going to gigs should be prioritized? It's not like a final of a football or hurling match where they prioritise those who went all season even to the less important matches.

Why should those who have a history of going to other gigs be prioritized over someone who might not be bothered with anyone else but who is a huge fan of Taylor Swift and listens to her 24/7?

Also some people don't go to many or any concerts because they don't have the money and they'd only go to a concert like this that their kids beg them to go to, why should they be ruled out just because they couldn't afford tickets to previous gigs? You're automatically ruling out those who can't afford to go to many concerts then.

Prioristised != geolocking. Again, I have no idea, I have no access to any of the stats which Ticketmaster have regarding registrations.

I’m not really talking about myself, would’ve liked to go but more so as a general punter, I’m no Swift megafan. Doesn’t really sit well with me though that there would’ve been thousands of young kids in this country who would’ve loved to go, but there was by all accounts loads of Americans and even people going to multiple shows there.

If you were waitlisted you never even got a chance at buying tickets. And people who followed the rules and only signed up once were at a severe disadvantage, it wasn’t really random at all from that sense

The San Siro is an iconic stadium. I think it will be demolished soon tho!! I bet u they won’t have the embarrassing empty seats so far into the 2 sides there.

Yeah that's it. Ticket history might not be the best way, Ive no idea what is but random allocation just seemed particularly cruel when it was so easy to abuse. So for me, I detested it (and we got a code and tickets thankfully) as I thought it was unfair. But I don't have the answer 😂

Used to be the old fan club system that was the fairest! Pay an annual fee and you got into the presale.

You have misunderstood me, I don’t agree with the registration sale system at all (you can find comments about this from me last June on here probably), but if it has to be done, some history of gigs associated with the account should have been taken into account (imo). Nothing in particular and certainly not “many”.

• Advertisement

I was there in February. It's falling apart and even the locals think it's awful. The views can be brutal in some spots and can blocked by random bars and railings. The seats are awful and uncomfortable too. The Aviva is a significantly better stadium with much much better facilities.

The blocked off sections is not the fault of the Aviva Stadium. Its a great stadium.

Advertisement