Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air 'Moon Safari' Live Trinity College 30/06/24

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Tinter Box

Enjoyed that. Lovely evening and venue. Saw comments on Twitter that it was a taste of Dublin crowd, which wasn’t too far wrong! Had to move to get away from chatterboxes but got a good spot in middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Air were excellent but the crowd were probably the worst I've ever seen at a gig in Ireland. I moved several times but couldn't escape the chats. People with their backs to the stage shouting over the music for the duration. One usually sees a bit of this at gigs these days but it was throughout the crowd at this - I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Was a great show - Moon Safari section was great, cool that they didn't just play the album note for note, they did slightly tweaked versions to suit the live band set up. Was really great and the visuals were cool.

I thought we were gonna get all of Talkie Walkie too, after they played the first three songs from it, but alas no. The rest of the set was great though - the extended version of Highschool Lover was a real highlight.

But OH MY GOD - the audience was just the worst. Just groups and groups of people there for the chats, not paying the slightest bit of notice to the music. Backs to the stage, taking selfies, full blown conversation circles. We had to move about four times but eventually gave up as wherever we stood there were people talking. I'm really questioning whether I want to go to outdoor gigs anymore as it just seems to be the norm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Trinity is the absolute worst for this. Fairweather fans. Kraftwerk was the same last year.

Do they still have that horrible hard white sheeting? Really detracts from the surroundings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hob79132

Totally agree about the crowd - terrible. Was at the front (no talkers!) but could hear the din behind us between songs; at one stage I actually thought it some kind of sound effect as part of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Malbcull22

Absolutely loved the Air gig last night.We waited a long time to see them;the stage set up was great.The music was brilliant,the sound was fantastic,I really loved the second half of the show,Electric Performers as a closer was immense.The crowd were fairly quiet where we were,but it was a nice atmosphere overall.We travel up from Cork if there's ever anything on at Trinity we like,definitely one of my favourite summer gig venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

great gig, but unfortunately we had a few in our crew who were guilty of the chatting. Had to shush them a good few times. Was wondering why they bothered paying for a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

A friend of mine went and said the talking was one of the worst he has ever experienced at a gig. People not even looking at the stage, standing in groups, sipping drinks and chatting like it was a beer garden. Absolutely frustrating arseholes. It's got me nervous for Weller on Thurs in the same venue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I don't think Weller will be that bad as his music is a little louder and doesn't lend to as much ignorance. It's not a criticism of Air but when there are less lyrics, people can be heard easier and it encourages them for some reason. There are arseholes at nearly every single gig and game these days unfortunately who are there for the day out or the two songs they know and f#ck everyone else around them. It's infuriating.

I think the trick is to go as close to the front as you can get. The crowd in that venue generally tend to not to be packed together, so that could just be the way to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Was at Kraftwerk last year and thought it was a brilliant concert except for one stoned **** wandering around. We were near the front so we avoided the tea and crumpets at trinners chatty chat chat crowd 😁

Going to Elbow tonight and hoping for dry weather and a good gig. No **** talking. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Really enjoyed the gig. There was a few very drunk and chatty people near us (had to move slightly). Loads of room for a change and the weather held 😁

Great photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

Great show for my first visit to TCD, like everyone is saying it took a while to find a good spot but plenty of room to move around. I was kind of hoping they might have played Mer du Japon once they got through Moon Safari but great evening for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭furiousox

We got there about 7.30 so plenty of empty spaces and we got a spot quite close to front and centre.

Sounds like we were fortunate as there were no "talkers" around us and we didn't have to relocate.

I thought the crowd around us was pretty quiet at first but each song ending was greeted with enthusiastic applause and cheering which the band seemed to appreciate.

Moon Safari was great of course but the highlight for me was 'don't be light'

Great sound and visuals!

First time in the Trinity venue and I enjoyed it even though the show might have been better suited to an indoor setting, but no complaints from me overall.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Saw them in indoors venue earlier this year in berlin . No chat, just listening and adoration.

That's German audiences for you. I've noticed audiences are far quieter in 'Europe' than they are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

A large proportion of the crowd at Irish gigs is mainly focused on throwing as many pints into themselves as quickly as possible. The music is just a backdrop to their drinking. Seems to be even more so the case with outdoor concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Elbow - I had a group of people, well into their 50s, behind me nattering and laughing during songs. We were very close to the front. Could they not have gone elsewhere if they were not interested or shut up during the songs? Anyway, eventually they were drowned out by the crowd for the well known songs, but they really ruin the quieter songs.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

I was at the AIR gig - had a ball - have the music in my head since - would have liked a longer version of Talisman but thats a minor quib,..

didn't notice many chatterboxes near us - (guess it depended on where you wer positioned).. felt that the crowd wer v attentive - not much boogie out of them though - we wer bopping all the way thru it.. 1st time seeing them - twas special - fab venue and sound was brilliant

Post edited by sporina on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Have a look at this year's Beyond The Pale thread, more talk about drink than music 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Davecost

Had the chat with our best friend, the music just added the best vibe! They were awesome! Would definitely go back for a chat.

Advertisement