Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air 'Moon Safari' Live Trinity College 30/06/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭dasdog

Have a look at the vids from that show - I've been putting them on regularly. It would better indoors but I am really looking forward to that whole weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was so glad to have caught them at Beatyard in 2017 perfect summer balmy music, its a pity that Beyond the Pale didn't manage to grab them would have helped sell some more tickets for the festival plus a great act.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Can't wait for this one. Haven't seen them since Oxegen 07, which was a highlight of that weekend. Have never been to Trinity as a music venue, but have heard good things. Fingers crossed for a nice evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

I saw then in berlin earlier in the year. It's very special. Hope it works OK for an outdoor gig though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

been keeping an eye out and picked up a resale ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭RINO87

Was at that one myself. Cannot believe that was 7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Malbcull22

I'm so looking forward to this gig,Moon Safari is one of my favourite albums,and I love the set up at Trinity for gigs.All we need is a lovely summer's evening.The show would probably work better indoors,but I'm not bothered about that so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'll just pop this in here, not too sure if it was the last time Air played Ireland in 2017 but it will give you a flavour of their live show.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭furiousox

Saw them once before, in the Olympia (1998 I think?)

A speed-metal version of Kelly watch the stars with a theremin wig-out at the end 😀

EDIT: Found a version from that era 😊

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I can't wait for this gig which is been held in the perfect setting.

• Advertisement

So the email from ticketmaster says gates open at 7.00pm and show starts at 7.30pm

Is that correct for Trinity gigs?

Seems v early but I presume there's a curfew?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I got a bit obsessed with that album when it was released, saw them in the Olympia but will unfortunately miss them as I'm away this year.

So, no good reports or reviews please!

That gate/start time seems to cover all the Trinity gigs, but Air are the only ones without a support listed. Their set is only an 1hr 35mins (according to previous gigs on setlist.fm), so 7.30pm would be way too early a start! Hopefully there'll be more Air specific times released next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

is there no chance of getting some late tickets for this ?

Saw them in the Olympia in 1998, smoking was still allowed and there was a haze , i have the old poster advertising the gig, framed , 98fm were the sponsor ;-)

I would say you have a very good chance of getting a regular ticket or re-sale although you'll be paying extra for the latter. Check TM regularly from mid next week i.e., multiple times a day, if you really want to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If they're on resale, they won't be paying extra. It's illegal to re-sell tickets more than 10% above face value and Ticketmaster cap resales on their site at the original purchase price.

There is an additional TM charge buying via re-sale. I had to pay it for The Cure a couple of years ago and Muireann Bradley this year:

Ticket(s): €22.50 x 1: €22.50
    Service Charge: €3.37
    Handling Fee: €2.75

Total: €28.62

Face Value: €20.00 per ticket excluding fees.

Yes but you would have paid that same service charge had you bought the tickets from Ticketmaster in the first instance.

It is the Handling Fee which is extra not service charge - apologies:

That's fair, I didn't cop the origin of the €2.75 handling fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Still Ill

You do pay extra on the resale. The seller gets their entire cost of the ticket back including the service charge and you pay what's essentially a second service charge on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tinter Box

still no word on stage times? Can’t wait for this, great band and great venue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Just to get a bit of gig history in the thread before sunday, still dont have a ticket for Trinity ;-)

One there right now @Prefect_1998 although they disappear quickly - I've been checking for a friend also. Best of luck.

According to The Irish Times this morning,show will start 7:30pm which sems very early,but there's no supprt act..will try to find out if they'll be on later than that,would be nice to watch the show as the sun goes down..the stage set up looks great,going by what I've seen online..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I can't imagine that's right, sure that's barely enough time to get everyone in if the doors are at 7pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

I think it’s a bit optimistic to be hoping to see the sun go down, unfortunately. The weather forecast is fairly dull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

My memory of that gig was that the sound quality was brutal.. didn't enjoy it at all. The rest of that weekend was brilliant.. miss The Beatyard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

On stage at 20:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭sporina

can't wait for this - almost melted that CD in 1999 and onwards.. special times - college days.. and a buddy had Talisman played at his cremation - so yeah - its gonna be special

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tinter Box

Enjoyed that. Lovely evening and venue. Saw comments on Twitter that it was a taste of Dublin crowd, which wasn’t too far wrong! Had to move to get away from chatterboxes but got a good spot in middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Air were excellent but the crowd were probably the worst I've ever seen at a gig in Ireland. I moved several times but couldn't escape the chats. People with their backs to the stage shouting over the music for the duration. One usually sees a bit of this at gigs these days but it was throughout the crowd at this - I don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Was a great show - Moon Safari section was great, cool that they didn't just play the album note for note, they did slightly tweaked versions to suit the live band set up. Was really great and the visuals were cool.

I thought we were gonna get all of Talkie Walkie too, after they played the first three songs from it, but alas no. The rest of the set was great though - the extended version of Highschool Lover was a real highlight.

But OH MY GOD - the audience was just the worst. Just groups and groups of people there for the chats, not paying the slightest bit of notice to the music. Backs to the stage, taking selfies, full blown conversation circles. We had to move about four times but eventually gave up as wherever we stood there were people talking. I'm really questioning whether I want to go to outdoor gigs anymore as it just seems to be the norm now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Trinity is the absolute worst for this. Fairweather fans. Kraftwerk was the same last year.

Do they still have that horrible hard white sheeting? Really detracts from the surroundings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 hob79132

Totally agree about the crowd - terrible. Was at the front (no talkers!) but could hear the din behind us between songs; at one stage I actually thought it some kind of sound effect as part of the show.

• Advertisement

Absolutely loved the Air gig last night.We waited a long time to see them;the stage set up was great.The music was brilliant,the sound was fantastic,I really loved the second half of the show,Electric Performers as a closer was immense.The crowd were fairly quiet where we were,but it was a nice atmosphere overall.We travel up from Cork if there's ever anything on at Trinity we like,definitely one of my favourite summer gig venues.

great gig, but unfortunately we had a few in our crew who were guilty of the chatting. Had to shush them a good few times. Was wondering why they bothered paying for a ticket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

A friend of mine went and said the talking was one of the worst he has ever experienced at a gig. People not even looking at the stage, standing in groups, sipping drinks and chatting like it was a beer garden. Absolutely frustrating arseholes. It's got me nervous for Weller on Thurs in the same venue

I don't think Weller will be that bad as his music is a little louder and doesn't lend to as much ignorance. It's not a criticism of Air but when there are less lyrics, people can be heard easier and it encourages them for some reason. There are arseholes at nearly every single gig and game these days unfortunately who are there for the day out or the two songs they know and f#ck everyone else around them. It's infuriating.

I think the trick is to go as close to the front as you can get. The crowd in that venue generally tend to not to be packed together, so that could just be the way to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Was at Kraftwerk last year and thought it was a brilliant concert except for one stoned **** wandering around. We were near the front so we avoided the tea and crumpets at trinners chatty chat chat crowd 😁

Going to Elbow tonight and hoping for dry weather and a good gig. No **** talking. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Really enjoyed the gig. There was a few very drunk and chatty people near us (had to move slightly). Loads of room for a change and the weather held 😁

Great photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭opus

Great show for my first visit to TCD, like everyone is saying it took a while to find a good spot but plenty of room to move around. I was kind of hoping they might have played Mer du Japon once they got through Moon Safari but great evening for sure.

We got there about 7.30 so plenty of empty spaces and we got a spot quite close to front and centre.

Sounds like we were fortunate as there were no "talkers" around us and we didn't have to relocate.

I thought the crowd around us was pretty quiet at first but each song ending was greeted with enthusiastic applause and cheering which the band seemed to appreciate.

Moon Safari was great of course but the highlight for me was 'don't be light'

Great sound and visuals!

First time in the Trinity venue and I enjoyed it even though the show might have been better suited to an indoor setting, but no complaints from me overall.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Saw them in indoors venue earlier this year in berlin . No chat, just listening and adoration.

That's German audiences for you. I've noticed audiences are far quieter in 'Europe' than they are here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

A large proportion of the crowd at Irish gigs is mainly focused on throwing as many pints into themselves as quickly as possible. The music is just a backdrop to their drinking. Seems to be even more so the case with outdoor concerts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Elbow - I had a group of people, well into their 50s, behind me nattering and laughing during songs. We were very close to the front. Could they not have gone elsewhere if they were not interested or shut up during the songs? Anyway, eventually they were drowned out by the crowd for the well known songs, but they really ruin the quieter songs.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭sporina

I was at the AIR gig - had a ball - have the music in my head since - would have liked a longer version of Talisman but thats a minor quib,..

didn't notice many chatterboxes near us - (guess it depended on where you wer positioned).. felt that the crowd wer v attentive - not much boogie out of them though - we wer bopping all the way thru it.. 1st time seeing them - twas special - fab venue and sound was brilliant

Post edited by sporina on

• Advertisement
Advertisement