Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

German court jails woman for insulting convicted rapist.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mick ah

And yet you made the statement that there are plenty of people in Western society who fully endorse gang rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Yes, do you really think that you can’t buy anything?

Sorry to upset your narrative.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/camhs-psychiatrist-pleads-guilty-to-sexual-abuse-of-16-year-old-girl/a912287418.html or here

Must have been busy on Tuesday, can't imagine what was taking up important news headlines that this story seems to have flown completely over the front pages.

The doctor pleaded guilty to six counts of "engaging in a sexual act with a child" and two charges of sexual exploitation of the same minor, contrary to section 3(1) of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act,2006.

The sexual offences took place between May and September last year at two locations in Leinster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭newhouse87

And people wonder why marines le pens party and other right wing parties are getting v close to power. Exit polls tonight show her party leading. Macrons gamble looks like backfiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭uptherebels

I am looking for an answer, that why I have asked twice already.

For a third time, what "people"? Is this a difficult question for you?

As you don't tar everyone with the same brush, and don't hold groups responsible for the actions of individuals surely you mean some people from certain regions.

You didn't tell us how many hardcore Nazis you have met!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,791 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I can't find any other media outlet reporting this story, particularly in Germany. The Telegraph seem to the source with a few outlets copying and pasting their article. Which is very strange.

Looks very like rage bait without any context or proof it actually happened.

Was she jailed for defamation or or equivalent of contempt of court?

Was a bench warrant issued when she failed to appear, etc? Very scant details from The Telegraph on this.

Someone on reddit suggesting the source of the story was a conservative blog.

I linked an article that you completely ignored.

Until you're going to engage in meaningful discussion, I won't be answering you again.

https://m.bild.de/regional/hamburg/hamburg-frau-beleidigt-vergewaltiger-laenger-weggesperrt-als-er-667537f5a73d934009eaf6af?t_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Here is a link to an article about the case in German. Bild is essentially the German version of the Sun. So there no nuance in the reporting.

As stated already in the thread, Germany has civil law. So court proceedings are different there. They also have rules that we'd find unusual in Ireland. It's illegal to give someone the middle finger or a drunk person isn't allowed to be a car passenger in the front seat of a car.

The problem as I see it with civil law, is that you can't just have a law "dangerous driving" who's to say what dangerous driving is? Instead you have loads of different offences that could be construed as dangerous driving. Depending on the circumstances. But civil law takes circumstances out of the question. You either committed the act or you didn't.

For instance, flashing someone with your lights while driving behind them on a motorway is illegal.

The mind boggles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭political analyst

The rape case itself is verified by the Spiegel article that was copied onto a Reddit page that I linked. Some searching proves that such laws on defamation exist in Germany.

However, you've got a point about the issue of what exactly the woman was jailed for, i.e. the fact that she sent a message directly to the boy. There's a similarity to the proceedings taken against some people for posts on social media about the boys who murdered Ana Kriegel.

Your article didn't answer the question.

Why is it difficult for you to answer ? I think we can all infer the reason.

Running away instead of answering. Why am I not surprised at that.

Still no answer on the nazi part. Another difficult question it seems

According to the Bild article she was jailed for what she said. It was an open and shut case for the presiding judge.

You can stick this into Google translate yourselves, it's from the article:

"Sie wurde am Mittwoch vom Amtsgericht Hamburg-Wandsbek zu einem Freizeitarrest verurteilt – wegen Beleidigung und Bedrohung. Das bestätigte eine Justizsprecherin gegenüber BILD"

I think it's ridiculous that they were tried as minors. I don't think anyone wants it being like in some US states where children get tried as adults. But some of these lads were 18. I think for a crime like this (gang rape) 15 is young enough to have the book thrown at you.

yep. it would never have happened in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭conorhal

And yet the actions of individuals can be indicative of group behaviour/culture. screaming "stop noticing patterns of behaviour!" only makes you sound foolish.
    The expert witness for the defence however was happy to attributes culture and circumstance as a mitigating excuse for their behaviour:
    Psychiatrist Nahlah Saimeh, who reportedly appeared before the court as an expert witness, said in a controversial interview with Spiegel that the gang rape may have been a way to vent “frustration” due to “migration experiences and sociocultural homelessness”.
    Dr Saimeh said perpetrators “who live on the margins of society, completely uprooted culturally, linguistically and socially” could face a “mix of emotions of anger, sadness, powerlessness, depression, fantasies of grandeur as a compensation attempt to cope with one’s own misery, and drug use”. “Disordered, unprepared migration experiences and sociocultural homelessness increase the risk of addiction and psychosis,” she said.
    “Sex is also a means of venting frustration and anger, a means of warding off sadness and emptiness, and in a group of men with the same fate it also creates identity and strengthens the group feeling.”
    So, not their fault really… poor lost souls just needed the bonding power of gang rape to feel better about their lot as migrants in Germany when they discovered that perhaps the streets of Berlin were not in fact paved with gold. The rapists are really the victims here of a society who's rules, norms and culture they just don't understand, and sure if a little rape makes them feel better, well who are we to judge? That’s right up there with the chap who plead for leniency after sexually assaulting a child at a German swimming pool because he had a 'sexual emergency'.
    When you look at statistics that migrants are responsible for 70% of the rape cases in Sweden and yet refuse to believe that perhaps some groups behaviour is less compatible with the culture of their host nations than others, you're really just refusing to accept basic reality. 'Not all'-ism is a logical fallacy. Sure, not all _____ do _____. But enough do as to present a noticeable pattern that the establishment goes absolutely mental about if you dare to notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭muzakfan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭political analyst

The swimming pool at which a child was raped by an asylum seeker is in Austria - in Vienna.

what group/culture are you referring to? the other poster refused to say.

who screamed that?

can you provide your statistics?

you can get expert witnesses to say anything you want. that's why generally in science the work on consensus.

Advertisement