Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XII: Farrell's First Fifteen

Options
1115111521153115411551157»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

https://www.planetrugby.com/news/he-cant-tie-victors-shoelaces-springboks-legend-and-coach-launch-stunning-attack-on-sam-warburton-and-ireland

This is absolutely bizarre.

They dug up some random comment from Sam Warburton (who, last time I checked is not Irish) from February, and proceeded to launch into a pretty bitter rant against Ireland.

No one in the Ireland camp is taking their bait so they’re going down into the archives looking for something, anything to be angry about.

The host is trying his best in fairness but this deBruin character says that we’re third or fourth best in the world “if we’re lucky” and actually SA didn’t want to beat us in the RWC.

Victor Matfield is just… I don’t know if there’s any other word but bitter.

What is wrong with these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Would anyone know which pub(s) near Marlay Park will be showing the Ireland game on Saturday? Going to Kings of Leon but hoping to catch the game close to the venue first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

My Guess

South Africa: Team named tomorrow at 1pm.

Willie le Roux; Kurt-Lee Arendse, Jesse Kriel, Damian de Allende, Cheslin Kolbe; Handre Pollard, Faf de Klerk; Ox Nche, Bongi Mbonambi, Frans Malherbe; Eben Etzebeth, Franco Mostert; Siya Kolisi (capt), Pieter-Steph du Toit, Evan Roos.

Reps: Malcolm Marx, Thomas du Toit, Vincent Koch, RG Snyman, Kwagga Smith, Ben-Jason Dixon or Marco van Staden, Grant Williams, Sacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu.

IRELAND: Team named Thursday.

Jimmy O'Brien; Calvin Nash, Gar®y Ringrose, Bundee Aki, James Lowe; Jack Crowley, Conor Murray; Andrew Porter, Dan Sheehan, Tadhg Furlong; Joe McCarthy, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (capt), Josh van der Flier (Leinster), Caelan Doris.

Reps: Rónan Kelleher, Cian Healy, Finlay Bealham, Ryan Bird, Cormac Izuchukwu no Tomoney, Craig Casey, Ciarán Frawley.

Score: 28-12

its not going to be epic.

Post edited by ionadnapokot at

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That comment took something of a wild ride. Are you OK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

• Registered Users Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'd be surprised if we're within 12 at the end, to be honest. I think the players are totally jaded at this point. Physically, they should be fine but mentally, I think the coaches have a huge task on their hands to get them in the right mindset and level of intensity. I've seen very little from any province over the last month to suggest they'll be able to really push SA all the way this weekend.

Plus it shouldn't be underestimated that our backline is very much reduced from where it was a year ago whilst they will be missing only Williams who is replaced by WLR…..which is probably the equivalent of us missing Ringrose and replacing him with Henshaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Shehal

So their basis on Ireland being third or fourth in the world at best is because…wait imma check…Wilco Louw got the best of Porter in…one match? There's straw clutching and then there's this…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Shehal

Ireland are a big team, being jaded is not an excuse. If we are judging based on the URC then SA should be scared judging on how poorly their sides did…even the Bulls who got to the final only have 3 players in the squad who you'd consider established internationals.

You didnt just try put Le Roux on the same level as Henshaw did you, no the gap between those two is huge. Maybe Le Roux at his best could have an argument but not Le Roux today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

he's getting a reaction from people like you , I suppose..

i couldn't give a sh!te

• Advertisement
Advertisement