Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ev fan

Got another update yesterday- I think for pulse inverter update- OUF3 . A bit surprised as this seems to have been an older update from last year. Didn't notice any change- apparently some cars will experience a jerking motion as part of the calibration process- I didn"t. Not sure what all this means as I thought I was up to date on software with 3.2??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I got that jerk notification too, nothing happened it just drove as normal.

Per AUTOCAR a few days ago the best EV for 2024 is the Cupra Born👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Born VZ is €64,000 OTR...

~€50-52k in UK & Switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

The base model is only a few K over half that figure. Suppose it shouldn't be a surprise really that it's that high of a cost. It's definitely niche.

• Advertisement

That's the eboost model in fairness, priced to sell it seems. Other countries in EU are pricing their 204hp model at ~€35k. Just when prices were coming back down to normal they do this.

The 476hp 82kWh Polestar 2 AWD with performance pack is €51k...

Surprised if they sell a single unit at 64k.

I've impressed people with the acceleration from my 204bhp born it's a step above nearly all ICE except performance models. The vz is about 1.5 seconds faster to 100kmph, a huge premium being asked.

Nice styling on the vz though it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Much nicer EV’s out there for €64K. Doubt they’ll sell any other than a few Dealer Demos.

Got the front tyres replaced early under the care plan, on the Goodyear EfficientGrip now. Interestingly I was told I could get whatever tyre I wanted provided the price was similar, it doesn't have to be a factory tyre. Unfortunately there's not much choice at 215/45/20 so anything decent was too expensive. Go figure!

Overheard one of the lads on the phone, local dealer gets CarPro cleaning supplies from Reflect Autocare. I buy my details products from them as they're near my work. Nice to know they're not using bog standard AutoGlym rubbish. In saying that they're still likely using a deck brush and dirty old rag to clean it, but still...

New passenger door speaker and driver door window switch on the way. No sign of the buggy climate software being fixed though, zero chance of them being able to replicate that.

Car is driving me crazy the last two days, unless I reverse really really slowly, and I mean really slowly the brakes jam on nearly breaking my neck it's very annoying. Now the infotainment system has started continuously rebooting, it's happening every 10 minutes or so🤬🤬. Looking like my first trip to the dealer is looming, that should be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 zd65

Hi, collecting the Born this week.
    Home charger won't be ready probably in the first few weeks, any recommendations for charging the car in Naas area?
    Plus I've seen on Cupra's site they partner with Ohme, any particular reason I should definitely have Ohme installed and not some other charger? Plus aiming for untethered one.

~Thanks

Ionity on n7 at kill would do you for charging until you get a charger, I'm not sure what's available in naas.

I'd advise a tethered charger, we have tethered and untethered in work and untethered is a pain in the hoop taking your own cables out, putting them back etc if it's pissing rain.

No Ohme would just be an advertising partnership with cupra, nothing more. It won't be any better than the next one.

Get whatever is the cheapest charger, they're all essentially just glorified plug sockets anyway. You'll probably see bad reviews for the EO Mini app but it's absolutely fine. Can set what time you want charging and solar charging. Can export energy consumption on a monthly basis for quick tracking. Haven't had any issues with it, does what I need. You can also download Tronity to monitor car stats for charging, consumption, mileage etc to see monthly costs.

Also unless I'm missing something, you'll have to reverse into the chargers at Ionity. They don't reach the back of the car, and stupidly enough they're angled drive in spaces!

Thanks, was reading about the chargers for past 2 days and leaning towards installing 32a commando socket only.
    But seems I need a 300 euro cable in that case from Cupra on top of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Not sure if already mentioned, but the Born doesn't come with a granny cable; it does come with the standard charging cable, Type 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

Ridiculous name

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭electricus

Born? It’s named after the El Born district in Barcelona. Seat have always named their cars after places.

Plus I would need the extension for commando socket?

Fair enough, but I wouldn't think too many people are aware of a place called El Born. Malaga and Ibiza, yes.

• Advertisement

Not many would have heard of Cortina in 1962 either. It's just a name.

Cortina has no other meaning afaik. Cupra Born should have a date after it.

(born is Catalan for jousting field)

I really liked the name when buying the car

It's as good as Touareg (VW), Zonda (Pagani), Nevera (Rimac), Stelvio (AR) etc.

much better than the dull idk. "5 series"

I always thought it was a good name, the place in Barcelona plus being the birth of electric cars from the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Still toying with buying one of these, the grey color IMO is very nice. Thoughts on this one?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/cupra-born-born-58kwh-204hp-high-spec/37302256

Went to check it out and couldn't since was out on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

A friend of mine has his eye on a Born with the panoramic roof. Anyone here with one (or without, as the case may be) that has an opinion either way? I'm a fan of the conventional sunroof but I'm not sure I would hand out the cash fro one of these when it doesn't open.

Also, is the grey the same shade as on the Formentor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Mr Q

For anyone with the 20" Firestorms did they come with DCC included? The January 2024 brochure states it comes with the wheel option.

But I was considering buying a used 2023 Born with the wheel option and the dealer didn't think it would have the DCC included.

As far as I know in the UK for new orders Firestorm wheels were forcing the DCC option but that has been resolved. I don't believe DCC has been included with any wheel or tech/pilot packs in the past.

Should be pretty easy for the dealer to check though, the individual drive mode will have options for suspension stiffness.

• Advertisement

Just looking at the updated brochure for the Born. Standard 58kWh car apparently is no longer in production so the base model on new production is the 59kWh E-Boost version with software 4.0/ new infotainment screen etc. Etc. Per the configurator the e boost model is well loaded in spec with the only options I would be interested in being the copper alloys- + eur300 and the sunroof + eur 1000 - to be the same as my existing car. So eur 39.3k I think for the new one versus 43k I paid for my 231 Born. Seems good although e boost is not something I'd want

Advertisement