Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just realised I answered an entirely different question, I thought you were asking about Stevie Nicks 🤣🤣🤣

For Dashdoll, let's just say I know for sure and leave it at that. Probably doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭bren2001

You linked something that shows insurance is the issue. That debunks nothing.

Direct quotes from the article you linked:

“All of that infrastructure is threatened by the current insurance crisis.

“This is unique to Ireland, and it does not exist as a challenge anywhere else in Europe."

“Obviously tours are a big business, and they go where they can make a margin and Ireland has issues in terms of competitiveness.

“By way of sharp contrast, north of the border, there is no such issue and those who cannot afford insurance south of the border tend to pay a very modest amount in Northern Ireland.”

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavenderhaze

Is Wembley pretty impossible at this stage for non code holders?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Not at all, but you'll likely be forced to buy on the secondary market where prices are enormous. Cheapest on viagogo are 1k per ticket and they're slightly behind the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Coldplay and Pink are playing here this year, so that article saying insurance is the reason Pink, Coldplay and Beyonce arent playing here is nonsense.

I personally didn't think TS tickets were hard to get. There were plenty floating around in my circle. Its highly individualised. 

Sure

Your belief that Verified fan helps fans and deters bots and touts is naive in the extreme.

Anyone could have applied for Verified fan for Taylor, all you needed was an email address, you didnt even need a Ticketmaster account.

Some people had thousands of entries, others tens of thousands and they received hundreds and thousands of codes which they used or sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Fanirish

insurance has no effect on big stadium shows happening here, those shows can quite easily absorb the hit. It’s the small and medium sized festivals and venues that are being threatened with the insurance fees here.
    beyonce or Taylor would make €50,000 selling merch in minutes at there show here or charge that for one photo.

There is only two stadiums in Dublin that can hold those types of shows, both are very busy with their primary purpose in the tradition May-July stadium tour window.
    both have managed to go over well over their allotted planning permission this summer with 5 nights in aviva and 6 nights in croke.
    taylor Swift tour tickets were simply in too much demand all around the western world. There was simply no way she could perform enough to meet the demand.

They were examples. In the end those artists chose to come and pay the costs. There are several examples over the past few years of artists who skipped Ireland where traditionally they didn't e.g. Madonna, Muse etc. I'm not sure why those are conveniently ignored.

The Head of Alliance for Ireland Reform is clearly stating it is an issue.

But sure, I don't think it matters in the TS thread tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavenderhaze

I always worry about the legitmacy of those. I feel safer with Ticketmaster resales if ever it's possible. Would be great if they were holding tickets back but for non UK code holders probably useless 🫤

Im not sure what that has to do with anything I've said.

Its been well documented that insurance is an issue. Whether you believe those people/articles or not is likely a topic for a different thread e.g. Eddie Hearn and Katie Taylor (an example where I don't believe the promoter).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭hynesie08

"The Head of Alliance for Ireland Reform is clearly stating it is an issue."

Seems like someone who would definitely have an unbiased stance anyway.....

• Advertisement

Madonna didnt play here on the last tour because her staging wouldnt have fitted in the 3arena and her last show here tanked.

Muse played the 3Arena last September.

100%. There is always a chance that the seller won't provide the ticket on those sites and whilst you'll be refunded, its not good to you if you've spent money and time to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Close the thread, the gigs are over and people are still losing their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

It's well documented that a lobbying organisation that campaigns for lower commercial insurance premiums put out a press release saying that's why she didn't play here but that was comprehensively debunked at that time. Insurance costs which add less than €1 per gig attendee are not going to be a deciding factor in whether an artist performs in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭crl84

If insurance was such a reason, then this whole summer wouldn't be choc-a-bloc with large/medium sized outdoor gigs. As was last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It's nothing to do with insurance.

It's the fact that the aviva and croke park can only be used a certain amount of times in a what and not at all during certain periods. Take those 2 out and what's the next biggest place to play in Ireland?

Someone like Taylor swift and Beyonce aren't bringing their worldwide tour here to play the likes of the 3 arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

You also just have whingers who make out we are more ignored than is the case, saw posts on Sum 41 page when they released their final UK dates...why do Ireland always miss out? The band literally played Dublin a few weeks ago that was noted as being the last here.

Wishful thinking unfortunately. Has been a free for all in this and other gig threads with not a mod in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭LastApacheInjun

I bought Midnights in the presale and got a code, but didn't get a ticket. I also registered for the second presale, but didn't get a code. My husband got a code for the presale but didn't get a ticket either. It's disappointing, but I get that demand far outstripped supply. The one thing I am annoyed about is the lack of transparency from Ticketmaster. I emailed Ticketmaster two weeks ago to ask whether resale or production tickets would need a code, and if so, would last year's codes work? They emailed back to say that last year's codes wouldn't work, and new random codes would be sent out. When the production tickets went on sale last Thursday, I knew I couldn't buy them because I hadn't received a new code.

Then it turns out I could have used my husband's code to buy a ticket on my waitlisted account. But by the time that became apparent the tickets were sold out. I was on ticketmasters website when they were uploaded, staring at them and able to buy them, I just didn't know it. That really really annoys me.

It's right to say that MCD wouldn't have known what a behemoth the Eras tour was going to be. Her first gig was in March last year, and tickets went on sale here in July. The Aviva would have been booked well before her first gig in Arizona.

Lastly, I've never seen anything like around Lansdowne road last night. Not only were there no touts selling tickets, there were multiple people holding up homemade signs looking for tickets. There were so many people down at the park beside the dodder, the Guards had to close it off and stop others going in, as it was so overcrowded. People were climbing over the wall.

I know someone said that there were tickets floating about in some social circles, but I imagine that circle is very very small. The same people who get a ticket to the Ireland v England rugby matches the week of the match because someone's Dad works for a company who has a box, or knows someone who has a ten-year Aviva ticket. For the 99.999% of the rest of us, there were no tickets "floating around" for the last few months - and it kinda pisses me off that someone would have absolutely no insight into their own privilege when making statements like that.

And very very lastly, the tickets in America are so eye watering because of the resale sites. The original tickets ranged between $49 and $400. The resale sites are the ones that have them priced at thousands and that's the reason who so many US fans are coming to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I don’t understand what happened with this tour. I saw some people going for two or all three nights while others couldn’t get a ticket for one.

I got a ticket in the last minute round of codes that came through but it wouldn’t have sat right with me to get tickets for a second night knowing so many fans were desperate to be there. I can’t understand how some people got tickets for all three

Ticketmaster and MCD made a complete balls of the ticket release last Thursday.

They just released all the tickets in one go at 10.15, they were all gone in 20 minutes.

They basically gave people no notification.

They then had a queue running for the next 3 days with literally no stock at all.

All the other cities on the European tour had multiple production releases staggered over multiple days, so if you had a code you had a very good chance of getting tickets.

The capacity limit in Dublin screwed the production drops, but as Fanirish mentioned all the standing tickets were backdoored by Ticketmaster which reduced the amount even further.

The usual suspects got their tickets, I see Noel Rock was a VIP.

I was due to go yesterday but got a violent toothache on Saturday afternoon so had to abandon ship and give my tickets to relations, they had a great time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Kilteragh

The other thing you have to keep in mind is that TM doesn't care who gets the tickets as long as they are sold.

When you have a monopoly things like fairness, transparency, efficiency and customer service are not priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

A cynical view would be that it suits taylor swift to sell a bunch of tickets to Americans because the ticket scarcity creates a lot of hype. If everyone who wanted a ticket got one, would anybody really be talking about taylor swift for the past few weeks?

My wife managed to nab two of those production tickets on Thursday (thanks to a tip off i got here, thanks lads!), bizarrely using her own account which didn't have a code, using the presale code I was given last July, even though my account was blocked from joining the queue. Very strange scenario.

Here were our "restricted view" tickets anyway, great gig butnif youve looked at the shownon disney plus you havent really missed anything (apparently):

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Madonna last Dublin show was a disaster and was in a half empty aviva and her recent tour was in arenas and the staging was too big for 3 arena (at at insane prices that might not have worked here).
    muse played the 3 arena in 2023 and 2016 before that. So a 4 year gap between shiws if you exclude the covid years.
    the head of alliance for insurance reform is talking nonsense that high premiums are the cause of stadium skipping ireland. It’s a bunch of different factors with venue availability being key one.
    ireland does extremely well in having international artists perform here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Echo what was said by @radiotrickster. My friend's son and girlfriend have seen this show six times so far, Edinburgh, Madrid, Cardiff, Wembley and two nights Dublin. And going back to Wembley again next month.

It's exactly like the Glastonbury ticket scrum. Long time registrations get absolutely nowhere, yet the same people get to go six or seven times in a row and completely take their ticket for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Greed.

A group of people with sufficient time can probably arrange grabbing tickets for various places and sharing our the spoils. Example: people "working" from home. Nevermind profession ticket scalpers. It's probably also possible to game the Ticketmaster queuing system.

But hey, we allow a monopoly to control the sale and resale of concert tickets here. If anything, companies with sufficient technology should at be involved to break this. I'd imagine Google, Amazon could easily and reliably sell digital concert tickets. Even Ryanair know how to sell tickets online given huge varying demand. Edit: it's no different to buying/selling stocks and shares online. But rules must exist to prevent ticket scalping.

The EU should most definitely break up this monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Muse returned to Belfast for an outdoor show in 2017 with arena band Biffy Clyro as support and didn't sell out. Some acts just need to give time to replenish a market they've exhausted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 onefish

Out of curiosity, do you know how they managed to get tickets so many times? Did they just pay over odds on resale sites?

Advertisement