Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HKC App SecureComm2

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,448 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've been switching between the old and the new app, neither is working perfectly but I've been able to eventually set the alarm every time (apart from the 15 hour outage, obv)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

strange. Mine is working fine and appears to not have been affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I've had HKC alarm in homes and business premises for many, many years and never had a problem. This past week has eroded the confidence built up over those years. Working fine now but the new app is a bit erratic in making a connection.

My installer is superb and kept me updated as far as he was informed. I think he had a very sleepless night with everyone complaining about the beeping. As it was in the bedroom in many houses the problem was magnified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

so I had the same issue others had on the 24th. And now again today. A GSM line fault. Anybody else?

Mine is fine....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭MickH503

It's all very flakey. I have to retry everything on the app multiple times for it to work … logging in is slow and takes several tries. I was in the keypad tab on the app last night … press a button, get a message saying no communication, press button again, keep repeating and it will accept the key press eventually. Not a great user experience for a paying customer.

The new app is like that for me, but the old one is far better

I've only been a HKC user for 2 weeks, so haven't had the old app. Is it called "HKC SecureComm"? I don't see it on the Google app store.

It's the second one

• Advertisement

Thanks, but it's not showing up on the app store for me. I guess they removed it when they released the new one.

That was a screenshot from the app store this afternoon. Maybe it's showing because I already have it installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Still flaky as **** for me, when you eventually get in it's rarely populating the input list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

On new app, checking the log usually causes mine to have the usual connection error "Connection to SecureComm failed, please check signal level and try again". That is pretty much guaranteed every time. (Also as above the logging in is hit and miss)

Old app - sails through, so obvious where the issue lies.

So still a lot of work to be done by HKC. I know altor says new servers etc but you don't launch a worse product (app), that would seem obvious. Sort it behind closed doors first, then launch. The issues are on-going now for a month since I first posted. Amateur hour really.

And as for directing to installers, I know some are totally frustrated with people complaining to them about it, (and they can't help as it's HKC issue.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yeah, it's an abysmal roll out. I understand that for some software updates people may prefer the look and feel of the existing version and continue to use it because of that, but when you have to continue to use it because the new version simply doesn't work is a template for how not to do things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

There is defo something still up with it but they are not giving any answers as to the main problem. They did say it was to do with the servers the system was on and they are now going to transfer everyone to the new server and the new app but that has been put on hold. Unfortunately that's all I know from talking to them but it is been worked on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

HKC have a fix to be released on Thursday July 25th.

Hopefully you shouldn't see any issues while this is been done but just incase you will know the reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭carloscorreia

Hello,

I'm sthill having connections issues using the new and old app. Some days works fine, other days cannot connect at all.
    Is anyone also having similar behaviour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

My new app has been working perfectly since their email stating the upgrade was done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

New app is also perfect for me since latest upgrade.

For me also, apart from one fault which occurred a few days into a 2 week holiday and I only found out about when I got home and went to unset the alarm - I'm not very impressed that the app didn't let me know. I'm assuming the alarm wasn't set or working for the 10 days in between 🙄.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭jamesd

Getting some log in issues to new app for the last 3 weeks, after a few goes it lets me in.

Advertisement