Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Euro 2024: Mod Note Added 2/7/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

He is the type of fella who should have been getting Ballon D'or's IMO brilliant he is, no fuss or anything. Always appears in the right position, great tackler, good on the ball. Great engine. Yet small in stature with a slight frame. If you didn't know who he was you wouldn't say defensive midfielder just looking at him standing. Bit like Billy Bremner.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,129 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I generally like Sadlier. I know what you mean - though i think some of the smarmyness is pure frustration/irritation at some of the rubbish being said by his co-pundits. He's grand if he's chatting with Lisa Fallon and Didi. Clashes with Didi alright sometimes, but that's usually more of a genuine difference of opinion and two valid points of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Comfortably, I'd say he's into double digits as this stage

Very reminiscent of the semi final in the 2018 world cup. Not that I ever wanted to be reminded of that game

France onward while lacking cutting edge. Belgium fully deserve to go out after how they approached that Ukraine game in the last game of the groups though - had an easier tie there waiting for them if they just went out and tried to win that game, but they played to not lose instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Two own goals and a penalty and they're in the Quarter-Finals. 🤣

If France start to score goals they'll be dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

As a Utd fan I find it difficult to say but Doku has been one of the standout players in these Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Looks brilliant with the ball at his feet alright, really electric to watch - though has lacked end product, no goals, no assists, and across 4 games not one of this 8 crosses found a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

I'n quoting myself to say that goal should be Kolo Muani's as it was going on target. The bookies are laughing here as they don't have to pay out on the o.g.s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I actually fell asleep for ten minutes in the second half of that France Belgium game, the definition of snooze fest. 😁

I'm hoping this game is better although I think we'll see Portugal turn it up a notch and it could be very one-sided.

They've a lot of good players, the spine is very strong.

I'm a huge fan of Bernardo Silva despite who he plays for, I think he's very underestimated by many. At worst I'd call him City's second most critical player behind Rodri, personally I think he's equally as important. He'll never get player of the year, looks like Rodri won't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Thanks just saw, Was wondering why ITV had so many and thought the tennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

So that's why Ronaldo isn't whinging at the referee when he isn't buying his dives to try and con a penalty. He's a booking away from missing a potential quarter-final.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Martinez. Another man like Southgate from the school of wasting generational talent. Still hard to believe the jobs he has had and still has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

Please don't let Ronaldo take this...

Please do. When has he last scored a free kick? Most of them blaze over the bar. Case in point.

Shouldn't have been a free kick anyway. The Slovenian player won the ball.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ronaldo is the Homelander of this team. Of course he takes all free kicks. Close though.

• Advertisement

Such a Homer Simpson level handball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Give it a bleedin rest Ronaldo

He's a parody of himself at this stage.

Ronaldo thinks everything is about him. Pathetic effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I must say I am finding Ronaldo's desperation to get a goal very entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You'd wonder how many goals Portugal have left behind by having Ronaldo take nearly all their free kicks, he's quite shite at them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Surprised he doesn't take the goal kicks and have a pop from there

Slovenia have been taking clever short corners all tournament. All of them equally sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Portugal would be better without Ronaldo

At half-time it's Slovenia 0, Ronaldo plus Portuguese NPC's 0. That's how he'll see it in his fat head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

All going like the game in March, except this ref loves Portugal. No booking for Pepe leading with the elbow on the keeper, or for Mendes handball, although 500% more subtle than Slovenia's. Didn't like how Portugal kicked the ball back down the pitch when Slovenia put it out well into their half when Mendes was "crippled". Tipped Portugal before tournament started but getting sick of it all now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just about to post the same thing.

He's a real hindrance for this team

At least Ronaldo got that free kick on target, that's a mini achievement for him.

Slovenian left back is a liability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

I agree about Ronaldo and free kicks generally, but they’ve actually been a couple of his better efforts tonight. Slovenia have done well here I think. Would be hilarious to see them snatch a lead, and Ronaldos head to explode.

I like the way he takes the ball away from other Portugal players in better positions to take a strike

He really is so selfish

The Slovenian player needed to show better composure there. That was an excellent chance to take the lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Enjoying the flares/smokebombs… brings back fond memories of watching Football Italia in the late 80's, early 90's. You were lucky to even see the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

It’s suiting Slovenia that Ronaldo stays on as he is tiring and means their CB’s don’t need to cover as much room watching him…..

Hopefully Portugal score, Slovenia and other park the bus teams are so boring.

Portugal's next manager (assuming it's not Martinez after the Euro's) will be praying Ronnie retires after this tournament. Won't want the headache of either leaving him out of the squad entirely or benching him to be a break-glass option.

• Advertisement

If Martinez was smart he wouldn't have bothered with Ronaldo at all.

Why is he allowed to continuously take free kicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Another ronaldo free kick…

Slovenia's best player is Ronaldo. Another free kicked blazed over the bar by him.

Martínez doing what Martínez does best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This Ronaldo circus needs to stop.

Isnt that absolute madness taking of Leão instead of Ronaldo or even Silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Martinez is Ronaldo's bitch

Portugal's best attacker coming off - Martinez is absolutely terrified of Ronaldo.

• Advertisement

Ray Houghton might need to get glasses, constantly missing things in the replays. Another thing he needs is a P45

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement