Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jay Slater

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Deregos.

No, he has a dubious past of that there is no doubt, but in this case the poor fcuker just got lost and died.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I've a feeling he is dead and body brought over to morocco 🇲🇦 or that his parents or something have something to do with it , there's so many red flags to this case reminds me somewhat of the madeline mc cann case

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Ffs, what sort of absolute bollicks are you perpetuating with that comment? . . maybe aliens brought him up to anal probe him on Mars too . . nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,364 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have those searching for him tried shouting "Autoglass repair", if he's in the vicinity he will shout back "Autoglass replace?" 😂

https://www.tiktok.com/@scarlettsamcjourneyy/video/7385900892916124961

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Omg no I'm not talking nonsense would you stop ✋️ honestly have you seen all the things online and the family etc just doesn't add up , I wasn't asking for a fight or anything this is just what I've seen and what everyone is talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

I was once in Spain for a family wedding and got rat-arsed. I had been in the town for nearly a week and kinda knew my way around i thought, so I didn't panic when my phone died and i could no longer access google maps. I knew I wasn't more than a 20 or 30 min walk from the pub to the gaff.

But I walked for hours and couldn't find it. I was running very low on cash so didn't want to get in a taxi esp because I was worried I had walked way far away from the flat. But finally i broke down and did so. Gave the driver the address, he gave me a strange look, drove about 200 metres and told me esta aqui.

I had probably walked about fifty times in a circle around the block the place was on. My point being, it is very easy to get lost in Spain when intoxicated. And that's when you're actually close to where you been staying all week and in a town centre.

I don't believe all the crazy theories at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I saw that earlier, and I have to say, I did bust out laughing.

WTF are we like. A young man is missing. Why is everyone treating this as a laugh 🤷‍♂️

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd say yourself and the OP are well matched, both seem to love a good conspiracy 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Field east

what I cannot understand is why the Spanish authorities did not accept help from the British offer. If only because the sooner the individual is found the greater the chance of he being found alive. The guy must have ‘been out of his mind’ thinking that he could have walked the 10 miles back to his accommodation having missed the last bus. It’s incredible that for such a small place that he still has not been found

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭sugarman20

It's not that incredible at all that he's not been found yet. Sure they are over a week looking for that Polish lad on Mount Brandon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Yes, add in the alien bit and that is exactly what happened to him.

Source: trust me bro

🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's an incredibly rocky area, in a mountainous region, with a lot of heat. the guy would have been drunk or hungover and then tried to walk home. He probably would have been very dehydrated and hot and took cover under some rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Did he work for Autoglass?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BLFOTR

Usually the simplest theory is actually what happened. He got f-ed up on drink and booze and ended up trying to walk home and fell/got lost etc… and is dead. Not everything is a wild conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,708 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I can't believe idiots are throwing money at his family via go fund me.

36k withdrawn already by his mum seemingly at least partially to fly out her friends....

Their attempt to keep a lid on the machete story didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭whitelaurel

yeah usually. But not always, and this case has weirder background then average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i dont no, but i dont get this joke at all either lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Soc_Alt

• Registered Users Posts: 32,708 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

yea, i know that, but what is the connection for the advert and autoglass and jay slater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Field east

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

No water, no shelter and that heat in an already dehydrated state, the poor guy must have gotten heat stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

I think this is what happened or he fell down a ravine.

I'm surprised the dogs haven't found him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

The jokes like that come from the facebook groups about the disappearance where in the first days there was quite a few well meaning but not very bright people (pennys hun types mostly) making suggestions they genuinely thought would be helpful but ran the gamut from non sensical and daft to so glaringly obvious it was funny.

For example: 'Has anyone tried ringing his phone cuz wot if someone found it and put it on the charger?'

'They should fly an airplane with a banner in the sky where Jay can see it.'

'They should drop lots of little water bottles from a plane in the area and notes that say 'Stay Strong' and stuff like that.'

'My Labrador has a very strong nose, if they have any items of clothing with his scent on it I could bring him over and he might track him down'

'Do you think it's worth me coming to join the search, only thing is I'm in a power chair so I'm quite limited in the places I can go.'

Screenshots of these were widely shared on social media so then people started making up their own silly suggestions on badness.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,978 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Strange case. You would imagine a good sniffer dog could have tracked him from his last know location

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What expertise do you think the British could offer that the Spanish authorities did not possess?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Its just the brits typical superiority complex. Its always the same when something happens a brit citizen abroad. They truly are a despised nation.

On the guy missing. Yes dead obviously. What i dont understand is its reported his bandb was a 40 minute drive yet a 11 hour walk. That doesnt seem right.

Anyway. Life goes on. Nothing good to say about the lad based on his violent past.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Denny61

A go fund me page set up ..what are the chances hes hiding out somewhere..and in on it with someone else to pocket the money and then finally or weirdly turn up out i n the mountains .sayin He was lost and near death and sell the story.…brits are always up to something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

The Autoglass thing is just a long running joke that Brits have about identifying each other - that if someone shouts "Autoglass repair" in a crowd abroad, any Brit present would automatically respond with "Autoglass replace". A bit like shouting "oggy oggy oggy". It predates this case by years.

I don't know whether the person who originally suggested it on the Jay Slater page was serious or taking the piss though - some of the apparently serious suggestions were comedy gold.

Advertisement