Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options
191011121315»

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 donoghues

Does anyone know what number/batch they are now interviewing

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Red devil 77

Batch 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Raven135

Has anyone from Batch 2 received the Form B yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy2024

I haven’t anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Louise2024

Someone above said around 2 weeks after the initial message you were successful in interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 rb99

anyone know how long batch one were waiting for their PCT after their interview results?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Prcm

Silly question here at this point, but what's form b? 😅

Also, are we supposed to get any confirmation regarding the docs they asked us to send them for "eligibility"?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

form b is where you list all the details of you , your addresses , family details , any last interactions with any law enforcement or convictions ect. They will vetting is pretty deep so tell the truth or they can disqualify. They’ll also look for Information on past work history and qualifications.

They’ll also look for proof of stuff, like qualifications (leaving cert for example) ,birthcert and a few other bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Grayzer1979

Just back from PCT. All good, hair sample taken and medical to be arranged next!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Prcm

ah you're a star, many thanks and best of luck 🙌🏽

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ABC90

For those who have just completed their PCT. How long between interview results and PCT date? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ABC90

presuming hair sample is part of medical process?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sligo98

Hair sample is part of drug testing

I passed my PCT at the weekend, seeing people speaking about September/December dates and curious as to whether people think we will viably be in by september from batch 1?

Thanks for any help

I’d say at best , if medical / vetting went smoothly , maybe December , but more thank likely it’ll be the intake after that we’re most of the first offer go out.

Plenty of people I my my batch (batch 1 23) only got offers there this week. So it’s a lottery how long your vetting takes and who gets your file and how long it takes them.

anyone know if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend but you don’t live together do you need to put them down as a partner on form b?

I'd say you wouldn't have to put them down. Technically your status would be single so it would save a massive amount of time and paperwork.

I'd not bother myself. Unfortunately I had to put the wife and all her relatives down. Pain in the hoop!

I was same boat as you . Long term but not living together. I just gave their name, DOB , and address at my sergeant interview and they were happy enough with that. Didn’t put it on the form b as I technically didn’t have to. It’s literally double the paperwork.

that’s a relief yeah gathering all the information is long enough as is 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Red devil 77

Does anyone know from past experience do they contact your 3 references?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sjob24

Can only comment on myself, but they definitely contacted two of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 3 km26

Hi guys,

Got interview results last week and got an email from Garda headquarters stating form b will be out in due course.
    From what I can see PCT will be about 6-8 weeks after interview results.
    I suppose what I’m wondering is, anyone that has done the PCT, how long did you have to wait to start in Templemore?
    Maybe someone from ‘23 campaign might know this?
    Also has anyone from ‘24 campaign any ideas when they will be called to templemore after doing fitness test.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Louise2024

I was trying to gauge this too. I’m waiting on my PCT also. Someone above said depends how your vetting goes after you pass PCT.

I have a friend who started on Monday, she got her acceptance last summer. So 11 months in total for her waiting. If all goes well with my PCT and vetting I’m guessing around similar time frame? So next summer possibly ? Could be later or earlier though who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dedalus7

how long after your PCT was the sergeant interview? I’m in batch 1 and completed my PCT on the 22nd and then did my medical test a week later, is the interview after the medical was passed and been signed off on or can it be before it?

Advertisement