Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship (Sam Maguire Cup)

Options
1646566676870»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Pretty sure Tyrone celebrated beating kerry in the SF back in 2021 also, must have been a different kind of celebrating though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭overshoot

The cork game is definitely overinflated as a stick. lost away to cork on our 5th game in 6 weeks when cork had played 2. The Tyrone group result was 7pt win… This may sound weird but by comparison to Ulster it’s felt like a holiday and a complete breather since cork and I say that knowing we played the Munster/leinster finalists.

2 weeks off and Beat Clare by 20 something (when Kerry won by 7 if you’re worried about form), another 2 weeks beat Louth by 5, but let off the gas when 9 up (Dublin won a tight game by 4)…. It’s felt complete space to regroup than going straight for the next battle… but a battle I expect v Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Yeah the Cork result is definitely one I wouldn't be paying that much attention to especially when you look at the three goals Cork scored. Donegal probably concede three goals as cheaply once in every thousand games. I'm expecting an all green and gold final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭C__MC

I don't see any issue with Galway celebrating a win over the greatest team of all time and a first win in 90 years. I genuinely feel kerry will stroll this to all Ireland, defensively they are sound and when there forward click they will be very hard to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭henke

It wouldn't surprise me to see this final 10 years on. Knowing the mentality of McGuinness I would say that Kerry final is burned into his mind and annoys him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

There's no characters in either code any more really. Trained to be passive and not give anything away to the media anyway.

Sure jaysus Cluxton is so set in his ways pre-game he couldn't even give a cursory applause to Michèal when the stadium bursted it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,743 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Kerry will get their fill of it from Armagh. It could go either way but I have a sneaky feeling Armagh will beat them. They are only coming to the boil and have lots in the tank. Donegal and Galway is another tough one to call. Galway fought really hard and deserved to beat Dublin but Donegal never left second gear against Louth. DI might have a little wager on an all Ulster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

• Registered Users Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think if Armagh are to have any chance they need couple goals and keep green flag down at other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone else finding it hard to identify clear-cut All Stars with three matches to go? Teams evenly matched in terms of no real stand-out POTY, and a few bigger names not catching fire yet. My effort:

Patton

D.McHugh

McCole

O'Sullivan

R.McHugh

T.Kelly

Mogan

Durnin

Conroy

Brosnan

Maher

Gallen

O'Callaghan

Mulroy

Tubritt

Plenty of football to play yet, but a good spread there, including the token awards for the surprise packets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭spurshero

as a galway man I think Johnny McGrath has being outstanding at corner back all season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭C__MC

Will be definitely between Patton blaine Hughes and Shane Ryan for keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

It's impossible to say cos the majority always come from the finalists.

McDaid for Galway is in with a shout.

David Clifford on current form wouldn't get an all star but two big performances and he could get POTY again.

Advertisement