Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Malahide Castle, Sunday 7th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

More Gold Circle were released this morning. Now I just have to offload the general admission tickets from yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

That queueing system was a load of shite. Waited in queue for 4 minutes and nothing happened. logged out and back in again and got golden circle tickets straight away without queueing!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭R.F.

The new system they Ticketmaster uses has never once automatically brought me from the waiting list into the queue. I always have to refresh or hit back and go back in again. It just doesnt twork they way it should in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

hate the way they do this!

think you can cancel an order for refund within 48 hours with ticketmaster but you lose the service charge

Yeah, you'd think anybody going to the effort of accessing the presale should get priority on Golden Circle rather than just a very small proportion of the available Golden Circle tickets. I'll chance selling them on rather than losing the booking fee x3. Hard to know if it will sell out though with the amount of gigs on this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I've never been to a gig where a full album is played start to finish. Spotify says Funeral is only around 45 minutes - will they pad the set with their other hits?

I like Arcade Fire but I'm more of a "greatest hits" type of fan.

The description says they will play Funeral plus greatest hits.

"In what promises to be a memorable night for fans, the band will perform the entirety of the "Funeral" album, offering fans a rare opportunity to see this groundbreaking work live from beginning to end. The evening will also feature a selection of tracks from across Arcade Fire's illustrious catalogue."

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ngunners

You could expect to hear 'the hits': Afterlife, The Suburbs, Reflektor, Everything Now and No Cars Go are likely to be on any setlist.

Here's a 2018 setlist where they played Funeral and then a bunch of other songs: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arcade-fire/2018/william-randolph-hearst-greek-theatre-berkeley-ca-be9d546.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Was meh about the later Arcade Fire but when I heard it was Funeral AND the Bunnymen I was yeah, gotta see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I saw them last year and it was mostly songs from We and Everything Now, a few from the Suburbs and Funeral and just No Cars Go and Reflektor from the other two, iirc.

They still seemed to get really into the Funeral songs and, of course, Wake Up got the biggest crowd reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

More Gold Circle tickets released if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Is Gold Circle simply closer ringed off section near the front?

That's my presumption but just want to double check.

Also, anyone know where the entrances are please, is there one of the east side of the gardens?
    Thanks.

Post edited by dinneenp on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭nc6000

Here's an example of what they've been playing.....

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arcade-fire/2024/heaven-the-masquerade-atlanta-ga-13ab5569.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Bizarre omission in Lightning. It was a standout at We tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, agreed.

May change in the first few gigs of Funeral 20 in Milan and London.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

Was looking at post gig exit options, and was looking at this bus from venue to Eden Quay:

https://concertexpress.ie/upcoming-dublin-live-music-concerts/malahide-castle-concerts/2024/arcade-fire

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Weird how many songs they did from Everything Now. Surely that's the one album outside of the Funeral stuff you wouldn't consider to have many greatest hits?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭deeks

Yeah would have through the suburbs would get a bit more love

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭muloc

Anyone know what time echo and the bunnymen are on and if there's other support?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Does anyone know if they put extra darts on for the Malahide Castle gigs (particularly on a Sunday)? Have to be at Busarus in time for a last bus at 12.15am. The 11.35pm dart doesn't leave much wiggle room and the 10.35pm one will mean missing a good chunk of the show. Have only ever driven to the gigs there before so I'm a Malahide Dart novice!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

There was a queue of darts waiting after the LCD Soundsystem gig on Wednesday. Can only assume it'll be the same.

Appreciate that, you'd have to think it'll be same on Sunday. Will bail before the last song or two to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Granite Head

I left LCD Sound System after the show @10.50pm (I was toward the back by then) and was in Connolly @ 11.55. The problem I had it was another 40 minutes before there was an onward Dart to Bray - they were just shuttling Darts back and forth Connolly- Malahide. HTH

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

That was a pain for you, unnecessary delay at that time of night! I've actually checked out the transport planner on the Iarnrod site and there are more darts listed than on the downloadable timetable. Obviously they haven't updated them in a while. The 11.30pm one you got is the one I'll aim for too

Thanks for the help folks.

Edit - Now that I think about it…they're obviously listing the extra concert darts on the journey planner, so my badmouthing of Iarnrod timetable updating was unfair!!

Post edited by Le Bruise on

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Can anyone make an educated guest on stage times, given that the event "starts" at 4pm?

Post edited by phizzledizzle on

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

What time roughly will Arcade Fire be starting Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭swededmonkey

What are the bars like in the venue this year? They were a disaster in Marley Park for Pearl Jam, don't know if they got any better for the other gigs

Was totally different for Green Day in Marlay Park, very little in the way of queues. Probably just school night vs Saturday gig rather than them getting their act together? Can't imagine the bars being that busy on a Sunday night in Malahide.

4pm doors with show starting at 5pm….which seems very early for only one support act. Headliners usually on stage at around 8ish, but could be earlier? Will have to wait and see the Ticketmaster email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭crl84

They definitely won't be on before 8. I doubt they'll be on before 8:30 tbh. 8:45-10:45 most likely, based on other gigs, curfew and length of show.

EATB probably on around 6:30-8:00.

Might have another support act, or else just let people mill around with background music playing….

e: "Show starts at X" on tickets is usually just a placeholder and meaningless for outdoor gigs.

Advertisement