Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I have a TV360 box and all my gear is compatible with 4K/UHD. I have phone, BB and TV and according to my most recent VM bill, my package is the 'Bigger than Big Bundle'.

I came across a VM News website which discusses what UHD programs are available in June. In the article, it says the following …

If you’re not yet enjoying shows in UHD and you want to, you’ll need to be a Maxit or MegaTV customer with a compatible television and a Virgin TV V6 box, powered by TiVo®, a Virgin TV 360 box or Stream. Don’t have an Ultra HD or 4K telly? No problem. Virgin Maxit and MegaTV TV customers can still watch the channel through an HD set with a Virgin TV V6 box, powered by TiVo®, a Virgin TV 360 box or Stream. Simply go to CH 175 or CH 999 and start watching.

It's saying that the channel is 175 or 999 but on my TV, channel 175 is the Food Network and 999 takes me to Netflix. Can someone please tell me how I can get the Maxit or MegaTV package? I want to stay with my TV360 box as I want to be able to continue to record RTE and BBC.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/what-to-watch-on-the-virgin-tv-ultra-hd-channel

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You’re looking at the UK site, packages and channel line up are different there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

If you have the TV 360 box with the hard drive and it went faulty are they not replacing it like for like anymore ?

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Anybody having issues with their 360 box tonight? Can't watch live TV or recordings. Getting error CS2017 on live TV and CS3400 for recordings

• Registered Users Posts: 30,581 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Im watching ok - either live or recorded - but had issue earlier with recordings.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

CNN is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭susan678

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ath262

360 Box here in South Co. Dublin was glitchy for a while yesterday early evening, live TV ok but guide/recordings etc not working at all - came back by about 7pm. Diagnostics did show any issue

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Anyone getting a dark patch over the clock in the top right corner when you press the info button.I have a Panasonic OLED but have no image retention at all or burn in,it's only when I hit the info button that it comes up.Funny thing I was in my brother's house and he has it as well,also another friend has it so it's not just me or the TV.Ive tried resetting the V360 box and using the panel refresh on the TV but makes no difference.Strange that it only comes up when I press the info button, there's nothing on normal tv., it's perfect, thanks in advance for any help.

Yes they certainly had issues last night. Saw reports on X. My broadband dropped off earlier this morning but back now - probably local issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ath262

same here - time is showing over a greyish half transparent "smudge'', noticed over the last few days - believe it's the try to make the time readable where the screen might have a white area in the top right

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Thanks for that, hope they fix it.

• 4Music
    • The Box
    • Kiss
    • Magic
    • Kerrang!

Noticed them gone from EPG the next morning - very quick from Virgin Media for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is the 360 box still being issued or is it cancelled? I like the idea of a smaller device. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they only give out the smaller streaming only box now. be aware that you cannot record from BBC channels with this box

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Also removed yesterday, or maybe before then, two SD simulcasts

709 - BBC Two NI

711 - Channel 4 (ROI Adverts)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bazmo

hi there,

I'm in a VM fibre area and currently have the TV360 box and can record all channels with no issues.

Coming to the end of the contract and understand that if I do the sign up as a new customer routine I will get the streaming box (so goodbye to RTE/BBC recording).

My question is - does anyone know if I negotiate a deal to stay on will they leave the equipment as is or will they deactivate the TV360 box and send me out a new streaming box?

Thanks.

You know it probably depends on the agent you get speaking with. In theory if you negotiate a deal to stay then you should continue with same equipment and the TV360 box which is well worth keeping.

However you get a new agent or they make a mistake and suddenly a Courier is at your door with a new small Apollo box.

Just make sure if you negotiate a deal you make it very clear you are keeping the same equipment and tell them make sure they don't send you a new streaming box. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Clitheroekid

I retained 2 360 boves under a new deal without any difficulty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bazmo

Thanks @Delta2113 and @Clitheroekid. Good to know.

I'm beginning to think that Virgin are now trying to force it's Customer's to use the Player. They seem to have removed the replay function for Emmerdale and Coronation Street on Virgin Media One.

Although the later repeats on Virgin Media Three have the replay function which is bizarre.

Series link the show's and problem solved I hear you say. Just no consistency which is very annoying and yet we are paying top money for the 360 product.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭butwhynot

Looks like Virgin will finally be getting a (temporary) 4K channel

Virgin Media Ireland: Customers can enjoy all the action on Eurosport 1&2 and the Eurosport linear pop-up channels

https://www.eurosport.com/olympics/olympic-games-paris-2024/2024/olympic-heroes-comprehensive-coverage-paris-2024_sto20015068/story.shtml

I can't see anywhere to state that we will actually get 4K. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

There's no mention of that in the provided article.

Well I didn't want to specify in case they stop doing it, but Virgin has been adding logos to their servers a few weeks before the channels launch, e.g. AMC and BT Sport.

https://staticqbr-prod-ie.gnp.cloud.virginmediatv.ie/image-service/ImagesEPG/EventImages/IESVC1376_f.png

Post edited by butwhynot on

Channel 400 - Eurosport 4K 🙃

415 - 421 pop up channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AJB39

ITV4 is currently unavailable on channel 156. The “Service not available due to copyright restrictions” slide has been on screen since the Tour de France coverage was blocked on Sunday. They seem to have forgotten to switch the channel back on.

• Advertisement

"Who Loves Ya Baby" - obviously not Virgin. Missing Kojak.

Advertisement