Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevie Nicks 3Arena 3rd July 2024

Options
  • 02-07-2024 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

Any idea of set times or support for Stevie tomorrow nite?

Given the ticket prices of other gigs going the €232.50 I paid almost seems like a charity donation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

MCD site says

Support: Nina Nesbitt 7.15pm

Stevie Nicks 8.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 30,073 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Some resale tickets are up on the TM site, starting at €190

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/stevie-nicks-dublin-03-07-2024/event/1800606D829D2109?camefrom=CFC_IE_CLI_MCD_MCDSOCIALS_STEVIENICKS

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They released a a load of tickets for this yesterday.

So called production tickets, but in reality all the tickets they had dynamically jacked up to over 300 euro and couldnt sell.

Her setlist seems pretty consistent across all recent gigs. 14 songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,997 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

So excited for tomorrow's gig. She's a true musical icon and will be a joy to see her live (solo).

• Advertisement

There's the odd one with 15 so am hoping for that extra track but yeah 14 seems like the standard in a fairly rigid setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I bought 2 a few weeks ago with charges and all that nonsense they were about 180 each.

They were sitting at over 300 each for ages I wasn't going near them at that price.

Even what I paid I'm questioning my sanity since I'm on the hook for price of both but hopefully will be a good gig.

Does she perform anything she wants from Fleetwood Mac or is she limited in what she's allowed sing?

She's not limited and she can sing whatever she wants. But she tends to only sing things that she leads on (Gypsy, Gold Dust Woman, Dreams etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭Zardoz

14 songs, over 300 euro per ticket, thats 20 euro a song.

I thought the Liam Gallagher gig in the Olympia was bad, 95 euro for an hour but this is something else.

Stevie has the mobility of a coat stand these days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stevie was at Taylor Swift's gig the other night

Enjoy anyone going, I couldn't justify or afford the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Yeah she's 76 but I've seen Diana Ross and Rod Stewart in the last while and both were good shows. The price is bonkers though, it's a real one off treat

I don't know how many sold at 300 though, I certainly want biting at that price

Yeah I saw Brian Wilson a few times over the last ten years and though his mobility was suffering, it's the music and/or voice you go for and they never disappoint. I've no expectation of Stevie doing dance routines so she can stand as still as she likes. 😂

We paid €210 a ticket and whilst it's quite high, I think it'll be worth it. Shes a legend who still has a brilliant voice and it's possibly the last opportunity to see her in Dublin. There's not many out there like her.

That was absolutely awesome. Over two hours of an incredible show. Her voice is still phenomenal

Worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Still a great voice. Sadly not a good storyteller and she told lengthy stories between most songs.

I enjoyed them and found some of them quite interesting, she's great to listen to even if the odd one did go on or were disjointed. I could see how they might drive someone mad though 😄

Couldn't agree more on the voice, so powerful and wonderful to hear live.

What drove me mad was the audience cheering at each famous name she mentioned. I'm autistic and it was painful for me to try listen to the story

Anyway still had a good night. Glad I went

Yeah it was very irritating alright. I think one story had five or six names in the space of two minutes and you're right that the crowd cheered every time as if they were behind the curtain.

Glad you enjoyed it! Super show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

I didn't realize it was a spoken word concert. Thankfully she played a few tunes between her stories.

Unfortunately it was a spoken word concert for me in Block A - this boomer gobsh*te and his missus didn't shut up the whole gig and threatened to deck me one when I asked them to knock it off. And behind me were three refugees from Brooks/Twain/Swift concerts in pink cowboy hats squawking at each other on which social media platform they'd first heard each song!

And talking to some punters at the N4 bus stop apparently there were a load of fights in Standing? It did look scarily packed down there.

Stevie herself was incredible, I personally loved the stories, and the visuals were gorgeous with so much meaning. However...

I have to say I was disappointed in her band. Stevie's solo stuff is very analog heavy and they just didn't have the firepower or the right gear to carry it off. And her lead guitarist was just lost in the mix. Last week I was at the Michael Jackson musical in London where they were proudly using an old Prophet V and Synclavier on stage and I swear the building just shook. They needed that tonite. I thought the musical covers tonite were a bit watered down and I'm really sorry to say that.

I was really taken aback at the crowd mix. Huge numbers of young women - 20s, 30s.

The merch was gorgeous and sold out fast.

This show is next going to Hyde Park - I think the sound will get swamped there if they don't beef it up. Other than that, this was a perfect show for last Sunday Glastonbury either legends or headline.

Was it worth €232.50? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Unbelievable gig, loved every second of it, no trouble in standing at all from my pov

• Advertisement

I didn't like the band myself. Couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like them. Apart from the acoustic song I felt they didn't complement her voice or something. Still no sure what I felt was not quite right.

The important thing is that her voice didn't disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Yes voice still 100% but her "stories" were like a very old person's ramblings. Even her band got caught out when she kept rambling and had to restart one of the songs. Great gig but jez, she goes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Don't really understand the complaints about the band, where I was sitting the sound was spot on. I always use musicians' ear plugs at gigs so I had a nice balance of frequencies. The band were tight and professional, almost unnoticeable, and that's the point.

True, Waddy the lead guitarist went on a bit but you could tell that was a method of giving Stevie some breaks. Similar to the stories - she performed for two hours fifteen minutes; at her age she deserves a bit of a chance to catch her breath.

I didn't mind the stories - at one point I genuinely believed Don Henley was going to walk out - when you think about the length of time she's been in the business and the people she's worked with, I would imagine she has some really amazing stories to tell!

Landslide at the end with the images of Christine McVie was beautiful and moving. Crowd around me were very well behaved, no talkers, no constant moving for drinks. Just singing along and good vibes.

Only negative was the merch - went out about a third of the way through the show to get a t-shirt and nearly everything was gone! Went home empty handed.

The sound in the video someone posted is definitely better than where I was (Block A left of stage).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭MOR316

Saw that musical a few times in New York. It's brilliant and you're right, the building does indeed shake with the band. Especially during Thriller

Anyone know if they had the Barbie dolls of Stevie in the merch?

Also few people I told I was going to Stevie Nicks they said ' I heard he puts on a great show". Deadly😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

I've never saw a fight in the 3 arena and been to loads of different types of music there.

I'm surprised to hear that occurred at a Stevie Nicks gig, what sort of people were there.?

Sound quality is very rarely good in that venue. Lots of people mention that on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Her voice is absolutely not 100%.

Not compared to 74, 77, 79, 82, 87, even 97.

It was pretty bad on the Say You Will album recording in '03, and scratchy on the tour for that record, but at least she could share vocal duty with Lindsey Buckingham.

Its very old, very strained, and never particularly regained her timbre after the self-inflicted 80s damage.

I couldn't see any remote justification for the pricing of her gigs this week, based on this and many other factors common to live music in Ireland.

• Advertisement

A couple in their late 20s started kicking of directly behind me. Just words, I was down the back. 6 or 7 security made themselves visible directly behind them, the fella disappeared himself soon after, and she remained. It did look like it was going to be a fight, but thankfully it didn't happen, she looked like she was going to explode, and she stayed on her own to the end. All that money spent to have an argument and ruin a night.

Advertisement