Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellboy: The Crooked Man

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I hadn't realised, or had forgotten, they were making yet another stab at this.

Ye gods though that looked horrendously cheap, cinematically the franchise has fallen quite far from the days of DelToro at the helm. And from that trailer, Kesy doesn't come close to matching either Perlman or Harbour.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is that actually getting a cinema release? Looks like a straight to shudder movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I saw a snippet of the trailer yesterday and genuinely thought it was for a fan film. 😳

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Same. There's low budget then there's this. Just in shooting the thing in an anonymous forest is itself a gigantic giveaway. It's a surprisingly high fall from grace given where the franchise existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bulgaria standing in for Appalachia apparently.

Surprised to read Mignola is directly involved in this, having co-written the script... I'd have thought he'd be more protective of his most famous creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭con747

He lost me with the goatee.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement